Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    This is how you know people don't read right here. I said way back in my first post that i got Void Elf back in February. P.S.: I have the rep for all the races that are available right now.

The difference between me and you is that i understand how tedious the grind is and remember how it was trying to grind it(i had the luxury of taking advantage of Legion events to help with it as well) and i understand going from just getting the new race for buying it in the past to having the grind a reskin on top of buying the xpac is an actual downgrade and artificial game time inflation.

So yea why would i grind something i had back in February.

- - - Updated - - -

Same here, current players really had the rep really quickly(within a week or two, heck i had the rep before i got paid to do the race change on my main lol). Its new/returning players who are screwed really.
    I didn't grind anything, and I got all legion reps to exalted on 10+ toons.
    I also accrued rep for factions in expansions long gone by just playing the game. If you don't wanna play the game to get the stuff you want... either 1) don't play the game or 2) wait for legion timewalking.

And noone is "screwed" but ofc your narrative won't allow you to accept that allied races are bonuses/cosmetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Hell, I have a friend that came back, did all the stuff for the Nightborne, finally unlocked it, and then she was like "ok, I'm burnt out" and isn't even playing anymore. Just straight up unlocked it and left. Never played her brand spanking new Nightborne.
    YEP..... Same exact thing for me. I grinded and grinded and grinded and grinded for about 12 days to get Exalted(already honored at the time) and once I finally got the races, I went to create a new character and start the grind ALL over A FUCKING GAIN....

Logged out and have not logged in in 2 weeks. Sucks too because I actually like the visuals of BfA the zones are actually decent at least IMO

They said they are giving a huge boost to legion reps associated with the legion allied races so it's easier.

/thread.

I consider them a bonus to all players that stayed with Legion till preorder (which also granted an early access on them). I am absolutely okay with that. But I don't like the fact that Blizz was falsely advertising the first four races as a BfA content saying that you can access them as soon as you buy the game. That was only true if you had the reputations and achievements already done. And those were tied to Legion, not BfA and not all players played Legion or finished grinding the rep and achievs. That's the only thing that bothers me and yes I personally did have all the achievements done prior to buying BfA. So I am not being sour or mad.

I think it's a good move that they will be finally increasing the rep from world quests but I am also glad that they didn't do it sooner.

The misleading advertising bothers me though and I understand why some people got angry.

Quote Originally Posted by FiendHorus View Post
    Honestly the most annoying thing is new players being whiny they can't use allied races as their first character.
    Like, dude just level up and race change after you unlock the allied races.
    I have one problem with that. I already have every class atleast leveled to 110. If I would pay for a race change (which I won't because it's an absurdly high price) I don't get heritage armor. So I'm left with only one option: level a class I already leveled to max level all over again. It's a dumb design decision tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, I don't see why you get Heritage Armor for leveling to max. It's always made more sense for me that you should get the Allied Races for free or a low requirement, then maxing the respective rep gets you the Heritage Armor.

Instead we get it from something that only exists for gameplay purposes, which is leveling. It just feels a bit random attaching it to that. It'd be like getting Heritage Armor for running 30 dungeons. It just feels hollow.

That's from a practical PoV in favor of the player and the game world. Obviously, we all probably know the real reason it's attached to that.

Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post
    but everyone wants attunements right?
    I know right. They even brought attunements back in Legion for the Suramar Dungeons and Mythic Karazhan. And wouldn't you know it, people bitched about them. So Blizzard made them account wide by the time the next patch rolled in.
    I think J. Allen Brack was right all along. You think you want them, but you DON'T!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    Free? Weird, pretty sure BFA cost $50.
    You payed 50 dollars for the product, not to be handed everything the product has to offer for no effort.

Or do you buy a car expecting for the manufacturer to chauffeur you around and provide gas?

When you bought the Burning Crusade, did you have to run old vanilla zones and grind to be able to unlock Blood Elf's ? No

When you bought MoP, did you have to go back to Cataclysm zones and grind previous expansion content to unlock Pandas ? No

When you bought Legion, did you have to run old WoD stuff to be able to play a Demon Hunter ? No

So, why do we have to run old expansion content and grind outdated zones to unlock Void Elf's ?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So, why do we have to run old expansion content and grind outdated zones to unlock Void Elf's ?
    Something about padding MAU's and other metrics created for F2P games...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    When you bought the Burning Crusade, did you have to run old vanilla zones and grind to be able to unlock Blood Elf's ? No

When you bought MoP, did you have to go back to Cataclysm zones and grind previous expansion content to unlock Pandas ? No

When you bought Legion, did you have to run old WoD stuff to be able to play a Demon Hunter ? No

Allied Races are races you progressively unlock.

They are not factions added to the Horde like Blood Elves, Goblins, etc. That is why they are specifically called Allied Races.

Common sense has no place in this thread. Someone will be along momentarily to explain "yeah, but mounts" or that the new races are "supposed to be rare" or some other such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    No, I'm getting exactly what you're saying, you're saying you are entitled to be handed everything for free.....you're not.
    dude. read my other posts. im agreeing with you. lol.

Absolutely one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen. And all ya'll defending it, how would you feel if they released a new class but with the same restriction of having to play through the last expansion?

Locking the sub race behind some quests, yea if anything it's a cool little tidbit. Having to grind the last damn expansion? Insane. My poor buddy who hadn't played since MoP wanted lightforged so bad he had to spend the first couple of WEEKS of a new expansion, grinding an old one. With us only able to play together during the evening, that meant we couldn't even have fun pugging the raid or doing pvp, because he only had so much time and had to go farm that shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleu42 View Post
    Absolutely one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen. And all ya'll defending it, how would you feel if they released a new class but with the same restriction of having to play through the last expansion?

Locking the sub race behind some quests, yea if anything it's a cool little tidbit. Having to grind the last damn expansion? Insane. My poor buddy who hadn't played since MoP wanted lightforged so bad he had to spend the first couple of WEEKS of a new expansion, grinding an old one. With us only able to play together during the evening, that meant we couldn't even have fun pugging the raid or doing pvp, because he only had so much time and had to go farm that shit.
    Lighting a candle for your buddy rn

Godspeed, mate

Get a refund or do a chargeback. Blizzard is a scummy company and you should not be giving them any of your time or money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold on, let me go get my tiny violin...

God forbid you have to unlock a Void Elf the same way that EVERYONE before you did...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    Hold on, let me go get my tiny violin...

God forbid you have to unlock a Void Elf the same way that EVERYONE before you did...
    It doesn't matter if ARs have been unlocked by 1, 59 or 20175374816 ppl, dumb system is dumb. So dumb in fact, that Blizz is going to cut the BS by half in 8.1 without the servers exploding.

"Haha, by the way, please don't notice that I left out how everyone that bought Wrath had to level through old content to 55 to unlock DKs"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "Haha, by the way, please don't notice that I left out how everyone that bought Wrath had to level through old content to 55 to unlock DKs"
    Because leveling a char to lvl 55 doesn't take more than one or two days, at least since Wrath? It isn't a major grind certainly, not even for a new player.