Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    Deleted

Returned to Wow, wanted a void elf, but nope, rep grind first..

After having a big break from Wow, I have returned and before purchase of bfa, I read all of new bfa features on official website, I subbed to play an allied race from scratch, but now I need to return to ols content and grind a slow reputation. The world objectives give like 150 and the respawn time is very slow. Thanks Blizzard

Requested bfa refund and sub , this is a shitty implementation post bfa launch.

yep better get started!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    yep better get started!
    No. It's moronic that a returning player has to go back to the other expansion to create a playable race. I get mounts etc. but not the most important part of an RPG.

I'd do the same as the OP and request a refund.

My friend who I invited back did the same - he saw that he could be a cool elf now in the horde but nope - had to grind. And he's not the kind of player who grinds... unfortunate.

Deleted
    I have to agree. I think it's pretty misleading aswell. The allied races that was introduced in Legion, which is for BFA contest, should be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    No. It's moronic that a returning player has to go back to the other expansion to create a playable race. I get mounts etc. but not the most important part of an RPG.

I'd do the same as the OP and request a refund.

My friend who I invited back did the same - he saw that he could be a cool elf now in the horde but nope - had to grind. And he's not the kind of player who grinds... unfortunate.
    i don't disagree, but at the same time, they could have come back when that rep was current.

but i do think that the only grind on the legion allied races should be for their heritage armor. make a quick 2 level demon hunter-esque scenario to introduce them nowadays imo

Beein saying it since they started with allied races, I get that that they want to put them up as a current gameplay progression reward (*) but forcing people to grind out old reputations to unlock a fucking race is just laughably bad game design. It's a surefire way to lose customers before they even interacted with the game world once.

(*)even though that is utterly non-sensical for something that would normally require a new charcter invalidating said progress to begin with

but everyone wants attunements right?
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Arbitrary grinding for the sake of grinding. Best game decision, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have alts at 110, you can speed it up further. The rep token rewards from WQs are BoA. And make sure to do the 2 Weekly quests on the Vindicaar. They give a lot of rep.

Of course, if you get the refund, ignore this.

It is indeed stupid that BfA features are locked behind Legion rep grinding. Then after you are done, you need to level a fresh char to be that race.

Let me preface the following comment by stating that I have done the rep grinds and I have all the currently available allied races unlocked before anyone's like "lulz git gud n grind rep scrub".

Anyway, so I think the rep grinds are dumb as hell. At first it made sense, for like, Nightborne, because I was like "oh, yeah, we make friends with them then we recruit them. Makes sense." But then I thought about it. What does it matter what they think about me personally? Why do -I- have to be exalted for them to join the Horde. You might think "oh, well, it's not that they have to love you, it's that Blizzard just wants you to see WHY they join", and this leads to the bigger issue:

Exactly half of the reps required for the CURRENTLY PLAYABLE allied races have fuck all to do with them. Why do you need Argussian Reach rep to unlock Void Elves? That's a Broken faction on an entirely different planet. Why do we need Honorbound/7th Legion rep for Mag'har and Dark Iron respectively? The Mag'har aren't just on a different planet, they're on a different reality altogether. 7th Legion just has nothing to do with Dark Irons. We don't even get any "this is why they join" thing until AFTER we're exalted and we do like, 1 quest, so why not just make it so you just have to do an introductory quest and just be done with it?

Also, can I take a minute to talk about how weird it is that every time a new faction forms out of the Horde/Alliance we have to get reputation with them all over again? Like, I'm exalted with the whole Horde. Did they just go like "oh, well, we formed a new group. We know you killed Arthas and Deathwing and all that stuff, but, you know, you're going to have to prove yourself to us all over again".

Anyway, then there's the whole having to do content that has literally no challenge and you're just limited by world quest cooldowns from a previous expansion that is just a kick in the nuts for new or returning players... Hell, I have a friend that came back, did all the stuff for the Nightborne, finally unlocked it, and then she was like "ok, I'm burnt out" and isn't even playing anymore. Just straight up unlocked it and left. Never played her brand spanking new Nightborne.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Yeah wierd right ? do Legion stuff for Legion features.

I just came back to wow, wanted this raid's gear, but nope, gotta do the raid first..

I mean... what the hell, Blizzard?

Deleted
    Yep, you are right to request refund. Whole thing is disgusting. Being forced to play outdated content on character you don't care about for few months before being able to play advertised feature is not anyone's idea of fun. Games are meant to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    But its not Legion feature. Its BfA feature. The only reason you could play it in Legion was because you pre-purchased BfA. Without BfA you couldn't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I just came back to wow, wanted this raid's gear, but nope, gotta do the raid first..

I mean... what the hell, Blizzard?
    Do you need to raid on different toon you don't care about in outdated content with time gating? No? Is raid gear a new BfA feature being advertised on box? No? Then your comparison is invalid.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2018-10-21 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    After having a big break from Wow, I have returned and before purchase of bfa, I read all of new bfa features on official website, I subbed to play an allied race from scratch, but now I need to return to ols content and grind a slow reputation. The world objectives give like 150 and the respawn time is very slow. Thanks Blizzard

Well, maybe you should have grinded that content when it was new. Not our fault, and we don't give a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    You can't play allied races without BfA. It's literally a BfA feature.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

5+ Year Old Account
    I agree, the trend with races has always been as a cosmetic +1 to everything else, like an incentive to start playing. I can see rep grinds for items themselves, like the heritage armour, but not the -race- itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post

If you had a big break from WoW then there's a lot of content you haven't done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    You can't play allied races without BfA. It's literally a BfA feature.
    More of a pre-purchase bonus for the current expansion.

Enjoy the grind and next time, read the fine print.

Deleted
    They should add a Void Elf tabard that lets you gather Void Elf rep while questing/doing dungeons in BFA.