Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    Stupid point to make considering attunements are part of character progression. Unlocking a race just means you can pay $25 for the character you did the progression with, or start over.
    You don't start over, you make another character. You still have your old character to play, it's not like you have to transmute your old character into an allied race one. Unlocking an allied race means that you can create a new character of said race, where did those 25$ came from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Hey guys I know the solution! lets introduce lootboxes into the game and make the new allied races unlock via gambling! that's how all the cool kids play games nowadays.

/s

I like the allied race unlocks, it feels like when you have to play Smash to unlock all the characters, it's just something to aim for.
    I had to level a horde to 120 and grind their reputation to unlock the maghars 'cause I wanted to unlock them and I'm not playing horde at all so for me it's the same as playing outdated content, it serves no purpose for me, and yet, I did it.

If anyone quits and refunds this game because he does not have his shiny thing "RAIT NOW OMEGALUL"... alrighty then, your mindset is a problem for the health of the mmorpg genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Bought BFA to play Zandalari, hit exalted, still no zandalari. Things are tough all over
    Now this is a valid complaint
    Last edited by sherenei; 2018-10-26 at 03:33 AM.
    Me Be Strong Shaman Hurr
    Sloth
    Dun Modr - Eu

Bought BFA to play Zandalari, hit exalted, still no zandalari. Things are tough all over

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    the best compromise blizz can make is make player play thru the suramar questline and unlock allied race at the end, but nope blizz wants player to grind dogshit world quests
    They could have unlocked ARs for anyone with a lvl 110, while leaving that phat heritage armour gated behind rep, but no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    No, because Demon hunters aren't WoD themed, nor are they tied to WoD rep/storylines.
    Irrelevant. You couldn't play DHs without Legion, preordered or otherwise, so that makes DHs a Legion feature.
    About the QoL crowd in Classic:
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    it's like joining a roleplaying server and demanding that rp only be done in private channels. Yes, the rp is still there, but your demands are actively ruining the rp experience of other players who wanted to play in a world where people act like their in-game characters personas. You know, the people the servers are actually made for.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    They could have unlocked ARs for anyone with a lvl 110, while leaving that phat heritage armour gated behind rep, but no.

- - - Updated - - -

Irrelevant. You couldn't play DHs without Legion, preordered or otherwise, so that makes DHs a Legion feature.
    You're ignoring key things to try to make an argument.

Allied races are tied to your bfa license and requires legion rep.
    Demon hunters are tied to your legion licence and doesn't require any rep.

it's like a mount. Either get the rep or don't.

You're ignoring key things to try to make an argument.

Allied races are tied to your bfa license and requires legion rep.
    Demon hunters are tied to your legion licence and doesn't require any rep.

it's like a mount. Either get the rep or don't.
    Races =! Mounts
    As for the subject at hand, ARs are either Legion content or they aren't. Since you cannot access them without BfA, I'll go for the latter.
    it's like joining a roleplaying server and demanding that rp only be done in private channels. Yes, the rp is still there, but your demands are actively ruining the rp experience of other players who wanted to play in a world where people act like their in-game characters personas. You know, the people the servers are actually made for.

Races =! Mounts
    As for the subject at hand, ARs are either Legion content or they aren't. Since you cannot access them without BfA, I'll go for the latter.
    They are bfa content with legion prereqs.
    I dunno how this concept is so hard for you to get.

I want those laughing skull masks for my mag'har orc. But nope, rep grind first.

(and I'm told a significantly more annoying one at that. By bug or evil intention I've heard they dropped the rep to like 1 per mob)

They are bfa content with legion prereqs.
    I dunno how this concept is so hard for you to get.
    I get it, and I think that it sucks.

Came back to legion, wanted to play a DH, but it required me to have a level 100 toon?!?!?!?!

Came back to WotLK wanted to play a DK, but it required me to have a level 55 toon?!?!?!?!

Came back to BFA wanted to play a Void elf, but it required me to have a rep ?!?!?!?
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    After having a big break from Wow, I have returned and before purchase of bfa, I read all of new bfa features on official website, I subbed to play an allied race from scratch, but now I need to return to ols content and grind a slow reputation. The world objectives give like 150 and the respawn time is very slow. Thanks Blizzard

Requested bfa refund and sub , this is a shitty implementation post bfa launch.
    Hope you didn't use your lvl 110 boost yet because if you did you've already used what you bought & can not get a refund. Also I'm assuming you've read other places about the requirements needed to unlock (you don't get them automatically for ANY of them) allied races so it shouldn't have been such a shock to you that you'd have to grind out to unlock them.

I get it, and I think that it sucks.
    Okay, noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathululock View Post
    then he shouldn't play MMOs
    You really feel that because he can't play one of the races in an MMO right away and that discourages him - he should not play an MMO. Asking honestly here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    It's not just a playable base race. They're unlockable races that are a reward for completing a task. I also came back after being a way a long time, and I went through and grinded the rep. Is it tedious? Yeah it's a bit tedious, but a game isn't a game unless there are challenges to overcome to obtain things.

If I want a legendary from previous content for the looks, should I run over to the forums and demand the devs give it to me right now because I'm entitled or should I go find the necessary old content and start completing it?
    You forget that these races are a BFA feature even if they came in the last Legion patch. Now there's the difference.

And as I pointed out in the same post you quoted it's not the same for mounts or transmogs in an MMORPG. Playable races and how your base character looks is waaaaay different in an R P G.