Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I was specifically talking about " but it would also be frustrating to see every single DH running around with warglaives of azzinoth."

Which is entitled BS.
    Stfu and farm it like everyone else did.

when is the next BT timewalking after the one in november? bitching glaives won't drop

Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond View Post
    Stfu and farm it like everyone else did.
    I already have them, that never was my point; i'm just appalled by your attitude.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I got both glaives in 4 weeks on NA and 6 weeks on EU, but I farmed them on like 12 characters on each region. The drop rates aren't that low actually(about 4-5%). The hard part is getting both on ONE character which makes it rare.

At the end I had about like 5-6 glaives on different characters in each region.

Still farming.

Still only have Offhand.

My IRL Illidan figure drops his MH warglaive for me more often than the one in WOW

(seriously, the NECA figure is neat, but he has issues holding his Warglaives unless in JUUUST right right pose XD)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    5 weeks with 4 chars now, so 20 kills. Two single drops. Droprate of about 5% each seems correct for me. Looks like I have to make a few more demon hunters....
    So...7 weeks now, farming with 7 chars now, still only the two drops from several weeks ago.
    I ask myself, how a reasonable number of guilds managed to get both glaives back in BC. I remember we had 2 guilds on my server back then with both glaives.

Got the mainhand on my first run, then nothing for a year, now i got another orange drop... again the mainhand -.-

I've been running it every week on my rogue for a while now (21 weeks) and today was the last chance for the the off-hand to drop. I saw orange and got excited then when I didn't auto-loot it I realized it's the main hand again maybe next year I guess lol.

Farming the OG glavies aside the actual raid is a pain in the ass. Well more the people who actually try to raid. I tried running it four times yesterday and holy shit people are quick to rage quit.

First group couldn't get healers.
    2nd group kept started out great but kept wiping to trash and eventually supremus slowly losing people till we had no healers or tanks.
    3rd group already had four bosses down but we kept wiping to an Illidari Nightlord a few times, lost some people, eventually got to reliquary of souls and kept wiping and losing more people. Raid was left with nothing but DH
    4th group finally had their shit together - 30 people discord etc. Wiped a few times on souls but pretty much one shotted most bosses. Took a bit to do Illidan but we got it. We started on soul and it still was a solid two hours or more to finish.

Overall it's sad that people think these raids are going to be easy or a free handout of whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by xacid View Post
    Farming the OG glavies aside the actual raid is a pain in the ass. Well more the people who actually try to raid. I tried running it four times yesterday and holy shit people are quick to rage quit.

First group couldn't get healers.
    2nd group kept started out great but kept wiping to trash and eventually supremus slowly losing people till we had no healers or tanks.
    3rd group already had four bosses down but we kept wiping to an Illidari Nightlord a few times, lost some people, eventually got to reliquary of souls and kept wiping and losing more people. Raid was left with nothing but DH
    4th group finally had their shit together - 30 people discord etc. Wiped a few times on souls but pretty much one shotted most bosses. Took a bit to do Illidan but we got it. We started on soul and it still was a solid two hours or more to finish.

Overall it's sad that people think these raids are going to be easy or a free handout of whatever.
    Pretty much my exact experience this week.

I joined three complete fail groups that disband by 2nd or 3rd boss.

Finally found a group that had discord mandatory, roughly 20-25 people, and we full cleared it within a few hours. Pretty much every boss was a one shot except Council and Illidan. It honestly wasn't easy and felt overtuned if anything, it was a half guild-run and most players were Mythic raiders, yet we still had some struggles.

From what I'm told, this is almost double the difficulty it was in Legion, so good luck to anyone thinking it's gonna be a free xmog with 0 effort and no voice chat.

Deleted
    After a long farming session I had the achievement on my rogue and was waiting for TBC timewalking for about 2 months now. After a failed attempt on Wednesday, I was able to join a pretty good pug yesterday and get the achi. We pretty much one shot every boss except Illidan without using any voice comm. The raid leader just gave basic instructions before each boss and that's about it.

Last edited by mmoc8fa71e8d95; 2018-11-16 at 08:55 AM.

Spend 4hrs in bt, will never do this again.
    It feelt really overtuned for the targeted audience (LFR, ppl who're there for nm Uldir loot levels).
    I was really happy to have 4 friends helping me, since the rewards are so lackluster i don't know why you would this if not for the achievment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Spend 4hrs in bt, will never do this again.
    It feelt really overtuned for the targeted audience (LFR, ppl who're there for nm Uldir loot levels).
    I was really happy to have 4 friends helping me, since the rewards are so lackluster i don't know why you would this if not for the achievment.
    500 time warped badges from the quest is a good chunk for the people that care.

Last Saturday is costs me arround 6 hours to complete full BT in TW Raid. Men...that was full of suffering haha

Most people seems to be children of Legion and BFA and just cant stand to a simple progression wipe.

In the end it worths the time spent, cuz finally I got the glaives xmog <3

Deleted
    I had MH on my DH and OH on my Monk going in to this week after only 5 weeks of farming. I didn’t get anything on DH and then wham, MH on Monk!! So lucky, right on TW week. I was in a raid 3 minutes later.

People were leaving after every boss so we constantly had to leave the instance, reform etc. Finally we get to Illidan 4 hours later and our RL leaves. Nobody had the lockout from the start (I missed first boss as did a few others) so we couldn’t even get back to Illidan when we reformed. Until one surprise DK who had been in there all day spoke up. I lead the raid myself and we one shot Illidan with my new group.

Man it actually felt kinda rewarding and like something in WoW requires some effort again. The bosses are all very easy if you pay a bit of respect to the mechanics. Extremely easy. But you can wipe on a couple if you just try to face roll.

Anyway, got my glaives now, so I’m happy. Too bad my best weaps are fist weapons, so I’ve had to equip some worse swords to mog them. GL to everyone getting theirs!!

Quote Originally Posted by fragnot View Post
    So i need to run BT every week to try and get the warglaives, then do BT Timewalking when its available and thats it ?
    yeah...that's it. BT isn't a walk in the park though

Quote Originally Posted by CID-77 View Post
    No you're not! Prepare for Timewalking ;-)
    TW BT is the devil....3-4h groups and you get ONE item the whole dam run. I did that last time. T.T

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    yeah...that's it. BT isn't a walk in the park though
    I personally wouldn't do it during TW...cause you're lookin at a few hours for a full run. Also, illidan sux during TW. You literally spend an afternoon getting him down. Best idea...wait until TW is over and farm him on a few toons a week until you get both glaives on one toon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravell View Post
    Last Saturday is costs me arround 6 hours to complete full BT in TW Raid. Men...that was full of suffering haha

Most people seems to be children of Legion and BFA and just cant stand to a simple progression wipe.

In the end it worths the time spent, cuz finally I got the glaives xmog <3
    haha 6 hours seems about right if you wanna down Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    two in four weeks sounds pretty high to me..

honestly i don't know if they made the chance of it dropping for demon hunters slightly higher than other classes - my hunter has run BT many, many times and has seen two glaives - one in 2007 and one a couple years ago. i got both on my demon hunter in like two months.. *shrug* but at the end of the day, rng is rng.
    One glaive and ashes of alar one week, the second glaive the following week. Fight me...I went and bought a lottery ticket, used up all my luck on a fucking video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    TW BT is the devil....3-4h groups and you get ONE item the whole dam run. I did that last time. T.T

- - - Updated - - -

I personally wouldn't do it during TW...cause you're lookin at a few hours for a full run. Also, illidan sux during TW. You literally spend an afternoon getting him down. Best idea...wait until TW is over and farm him on a few toons a week until you get both glaives on one toon.

- - - Updated - - -

haha 6 hours seems about right if you wanna down Illidan.
    you are in for a nice surprise my friend

After getting lucky with finally dropping the complete pair of legendary items you still NEED to do timewalking Black temple and kill Illidan to unlock the ability of transmog the warglaive of azzinoth appearance .

So , basically it won't be possible to acquire it until the next Timewalking tbc event , that isn't even yet planned for 2019

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    you are in for a nice surprise my friend

After getting lucky with finally dropping the complete pair of legendary items you still NEED to do timewalking Black temple and kill Illidan to unlock the ability of transmog the warglaive of azzinoth appearance .

So , basically it won't be possible to acquire it until the next Timewalking tbc event , that isn't even yet planned for 2019
    What?! Holy .... You just crushed all my dreams