Need some help with BrM dps

First time posting here because I don't know what to do anymore. I picked up tanking in BFA on my BrM, I'm currently raiding in Adire and noticed froms logs in Uldir my dps isn't that great? I follow peaksofserenity, wowhead, icy-veins guides to look up what my stats, azerite traits, rotation, etc ... are supposed to be. Can someone tell me how I can improve my dps? Can't post my logs here because I'm a new member. For logs check ilisha on stormscale EU. All help is appreciated.

If you've read the guides, all we can really tell you is to follow them. You're pressing Tiger Palm way too much, and not enough of your more important abilities. Blackout Strike should not be delayed for anything, neither should Keg smash. You have very low Breath of Fire usage also. Tiger Palm only if you'll have enough for your next Keg, get a weakaura or something to track how much energy that is if you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by PinDrop View Post
    If you've read the guides, all we can really tell you is to follow them. You're pressing Tiger Palm way too much, and not enough of your more important abilities. Blackout Strike should not be delayed for anything, neither should Keg smash. You have very low Breath of Fire usage also. Tiger Palm only if you'll have enough for your next Keg, get a weakaura or something to track how much energy that is if you need to.
    So it's better to do nothing for a few seconds to let my energy fill up again? I'm kind of a spammy person so explains a lot, if I can't press something for a second or two I feel like I'm not contributing anything to my group. Thanks for the help will try it in the next raid.

just keg smash, it's cooldown is short but it's a very high % of your overall that needs to be used right as it comes off CD, everything else has room to precast(brews, RJW) or wait a few seconds to optimise.
    If you run blackout combo then your playstyle changes somewhat.

With RJW talented, you use Tiger Palm only once for every BoS rotation.
    Something like :
    Precast RJW + Keg smash then

BoS > TP > RJW > BoS > TP > KS[... repeat]
    or
    BoS > RJW > TP > BoS > KS > TP[... repeat]
    or maybe
    BoS > TP > TP > BoS > KS > RJW (not sure about the last one, never tried but I guess it could work too ?)

And whenever your BoF is off coldown, just replace any TP with it. You'll never run out of enery. Try to avoid using expel harm unless absolutely necessary.

Try to run with Light Brewing, BoB is only *slightly* better if you're using it right. I'd rather you run with Light Brewing and focus more on your rotation.
    For brews, I like to cast it after every KS (they're off GCD so use it instantly), some use it after one of the 2 TPs, some after RJW. It doesn't really matter, you just need to use it like it's a second nature.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    With RJW talented, you use Tiger Palm only once for every BoS rotation.
    Something like :
    Precast RJW + Keg smash then

BoS > TP > RJW > BoS > TP > KS[... repeat]
    or
    BoS > RJW > TP > BoS > KS > TP[... repeat]
    or maybe
    BoS > TP > TP > BoS > KS > RJW (not sure about the last one, never tried but I guess it could work too ?)

And whenever your BoF is off coldown, just replace any TP with it. You'll never run out of enery. Try to avoid using expel harm unless absolutely necessary.

Try to run with Light Brewing, BoB is only *slightly* better if you're using it right. I'd rather you run with Light Brewing and focus more on your rotation.
    For brews, I like to cast it after every KS (they're off GCD so use it instantly), some use it after one of the 2 TPs, some after RJW. It doesn't really matter, you just need to use it like it's a second nature.

Hope it helps.
    thank you for your help going to try this tonight

The reality about bfa is most or your dps doesn't come from you playing properly, it comes from your gear, your azerite traits, your trinkets, your weapon...
    Even playing close to perfection if you have a gear meant to dps (meaning every primary/secondary trait being a good damage proc for the most part), passives will be somewhere beetween 45 to 60% of your dps, the rest being your rotation that barely matters outside of pressing keg smash and blackout strike on cd, and filling other gcds with whatever you want (of course there is minmax in that too but it's negligible)

It's a really sad state for the spec to be in, especially after legion where your gameplay, talents and gear choice had a huge impact, while now the player input is drowned in a sea of passive procs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    The reality about bfa is most or your dps doesn't come from you playing properly, it comes from your gear, your azerite traits, your trinkets, your weapon...
    Even playing close to perfection if you have a gear meant to dps (meaning every primary/secondary trait being a good damage proc for the most part), passives will be somewhere beetween 45 to 60% of your dps, the rest being your rotation that barely matters outside of pressing keg smash and blackout strike on cd, and filling other gcds with whatever you want (of course there is minmax in that too but it's negligible)

It's a really sad state for the spec to be in, especially after legion where your gameplay, talents and gear choice had a huge impact, while now the player input is drowned in a sea of passive procs
    Brewmasters had one extra button in legion: explosive keg.
    But more importantly brewmasters had 2 charges on keg smash.
    Having neither of both made me drop tanking (because it now is as boring as guardian druid), never liked windwalkers because FoF is crap design from the begining, so now Im stuck on healing (which I dont mind)

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    Brewmasters had one extra button in legion: explosive keg.
    But more importantly brewmasters had 2 charges on keg smash.
    Having neither of both made me drop tanking (because it now is as boring as guardian druid), never liked windwalkers because FoF is crap design from the begining, so now Im stuck on healing (which I dont mind)
    nothing is as boring as guardian.