Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Honestly, I don't think it ever was going to happen. Trion rushed it out mostly just to capitalise on nostalgia, when people realised it was exactly the same game they were already playing with a lower level cap most just left. To properly roll back the game to a 1.0 release would be more work than Trion have been willing to put into any of their newer content for a long time now.

The main reason WoW can get away with doing it is that the content they're restoring is no longer in game. In that regard, it makes a certain kind of sense to have a re-release to open it up to players who may have missed it the first time or those who can no longer enjoy it. Rift already had all the same quests, events and raids in game and accessable anyway. The talent trees no longer exist in the same form, but the rest of the content is there and playable.
    Trion gutted the starter zone (Mathosia and Terminus I think it was for Defiant). They removed about 2/3 of the quests, you started out choosing your 3 "souls" at character creation. Then you get sent to Silverwood and whatever the Defiant used, you did a few quests to get to 10 and then spammed IAs until cap.

Deleted
    I was thinking about reinstalling the game for Fae Yule.

Guess there's no point now. ������

10+ Year Old Account
    The wheels of progress are still turning, albeit very slowly, last Month we got introduced to a new Community Manager, Tidbitz, who is the CM for both Rift and Defiance 2050 but now we seem to have gotten another new Community Manager, Liluri, who made his first post yesterday.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5369152

Still waiting for definite plans moving forward, all we know for certain is Fae Yule starts next week, just a matter of flipping a switch for that, we do know some of the Raid Devs have been rehired so there's "possibly" a raid in the works, rumours are that they were working on a totally new raid inside the actual Tower of Ahnket before the sell off.

Time to just enjoy some Christmas and New Year stuff, then play the waiting game and see what 2019 holds for Rift.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this acquisition will turn this IP around. Is Archonix still in charge or was he replaced as well?
    Horde always.

Quote Originally Posted by cwowtbang View Post
    Hopefully this acquisition will turn this IP around. Is Archonix still in charge or was he replaced as well?
    Extremely unlikely. Gamigo isn't a place where games go to thrive, and the already seemingly skeletal Rift team left supporting Prime (because live servers were seeing fuckall for support) has slimmed down even further : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Extremely unlikely. Gamigo isn't a place where games go to thrive, and the already seemingly skeletal Rift team left supporting Prime (because live servers were seeing fuckall for support) has slimmed down even further : /
    Pretty much. Expect Rift to get slim amounts of content.

From now it's just gonna be a drought.

Also food for thought. Wonder if the new Community Managers will clean up the mess Brasse made when she started getting ban happy with people being critical?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Pretty much. Expect Rift to get slim amounts of content.

From now it's just gonna be a drought.

Also food for thought. Wonder if the new Community Managers will clean up the mess Brasse made when she started getting ban happy with people being critical?
    Hopefully restructure and clean-wipe the forums completely, just looking at it gives me anxiety. The formatting of the font and colors make me crazy.
    Horde always.

Quote Originally Posted by cwowtbang View Post
    Hopefully restructure and clean-wipe the forums completely, just looking at it gives me anxiety. The formatting of the font and colors make me crazy.
    The Rift forums actually uses the same style as this one I think and setup.

Just shoddier.

10+ Year Old Account
    An interview with Gamigo on MMOBomb popped up, nothing really definte said, the usual spin and spiel but a few interesting remarks like they didn't actually buy Trion Worlds, just the assets, ArchAge has now a bigger staff then ever, Rift is getting more ex staff rehired back all the time, plans to use the Gazillion assets but the more important point is that Rift is still going ahead with plans to continue the story and introduce a lot of (smaller) updates this year and expand on it.

Time will tell i guess, meanwhile, full interview at link:

https://www.mmobomb.com/exclusive-in...illion-assets/

anyone notice the rift website is down not a good sign

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    anyone notice the rift website is down not a good sign
    It's not down for me but...it is completely broke as a joke. And I don't see product pages for any of the Trion games on gamigo's website either (and holy shit I had no idea that Last Chaos, Shaiya, S4 League and pretty much the rest of their catalog were even still alive).

Hawkward.

number one thing i took out of that interview is them wanted to remove loot boxes and predator progression based microtransactions (my guess is shit like earring slots)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    number one thing i took out of that interview is them wanted to remove loot boxes and predator progression based microtransactions (my guess is shit like earring slots)
    I mean I know Gamigo is where IP's go to die and all but did they seriously just consider making a better business move than Trion just now? :O

I'm not even kidding that's bloody good if they get rid of the blatant P2A/P2W crap. And lootboxes. However wait and see as per usual.

As for the rest of it well drip content is all they can do. But still there's been no new content for a year now so it's arguably one of the longest droughts in an MMO.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-01-18 at 11:03 PM.