Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...nt-thread.html

This thread is sad

I recognize so many people I use to play with/against.

See here's the thing.

Even if Gamigo wasn't going to shutdown Rift(and other games) tomorrow and planned to keep it up a few more years, This announcement alone is enough to make people leave. When your player base is already super small and something like this just makes it smaller its going to force Gamigo's hand anyway.

We know Gamigo's history and we know Rift/Trion isn't in a good state. A huge part of a small player base may already say fuck it and cut there losses at this point.

Its a domino effect, There is no upside to any of this.

The question is not if Rift or any other game will shutdown, Its a question of when will they. Honestly its fucken sad and I hope everyone including the people who was a total ass to the community land on their feet.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    See here's the thing.

Even if Gamigo wasn't going to shutdown Rift(and other games) tomorrow and planned to keep it up a few more years, This announcement alone is enough to make people leave. When your player base is already super small and something like this just makes it smaller its going to force Gamigo's hand anyway.

We know Gamigo's history and we know Rift/Trion isn't in a good state. A huge part of a small player base may already say fuck it and cut there losses at this point.

Its a domino effect, There is no upside to any of this.

The question is not if Rift or any other game will shutdown, Its a question of when will they. Honestly its fucken sad and I hope everyone including the people who was a total ass to the community land on their feet.
    Defiance will if most of the team has been fired.

If only 25 devs are left then Defiance and Atlas are done for. As for publishing Archeage they can just pull out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Defiance will if most of the team has been fired.

If only 25 devs are left then Defiance and Atlas are done for. As for publishing Archeage they can just pull out of that.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Gamigo just takes the IP's and sells them off, Likely making more then they paided. Maybe keeping IP's like Rift.

Also if you haven't noticed someone stopped posting in this thread because even they can't ignore the writing on the wall.

Hell they could just sell off all the Trion stuff and keep the ‎Gazillion assets.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "The" two? A whole lot more than two went after WoW, and while a fair number failed there are still plenty around.
    I only remember Rift and Wildstar specifically shitting on WoW, specially Rift

Wait... what? It went from Trion being bought to Gamigo shutting down Rift. What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Wait... what? It went from Trion being bought to Gamigo shutting down Rift. What did I miss?
    We are talking about the outcome of Gamigo buying Trion.

Everything is now on Borrowed time including Rift. I fully expect to hear that Defiance.Atlas and Archeage to be shutdown within the next few months(If not sooner).

Rift and Trove will be a year at most.

You don't can 75% of the employee's with the intent to keep the doors open.

Everything is now on Borrowed time including Rift. I fully expect to hear that Defiance.Atlas and Archeage to be shutdown within the next few months(If not sooner).

Well, fuck. I figured this day was coming in the next year or so but didn't think it would be so soon. Guess I'll log and get those screen shots what I can.

Archeage is different. They kind of have the opportunity to find a new publisher.

The main issue is outside of development Trion had a very deep hand in that game. You could tell by the cash shop and how it had "patron".

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Well, fuck. I figured this day was coming in the next year or so but didn't think it would be so soon. Guess I'll log and get those screen shots what I can.

No one knows when the plug will be pulled but we all know its coming now.

- - - Updated - - -

Archeage is different. They kind of have the opportunity to find a new publisher.

The main issue is outside of development Trion had a very deep hand in that game. You could tell by the cash shop and how it had "patron".
    Well that is now up to Gamigo on if they want to find a new publisher for it. I'm going to guess that they don't.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-10-22 at 09:55 PM.

Just wanna say if any Rift refugees are looking for a good home Eorzea (FF14) is always friendly.

(I REGRET NOTHING)

Just wanna say if any Rift refugees are looking for a good home Eorzea (FF14) is always friendly.

(I REGRET NOTHING)
    LOL and ill add OSRS to that list.

(but for me personally I'm kinda done with MMO's).

(I REGRET NOTHING)
    i just canceled my ff14 sub.

I'm on famfrit.

Also gonna cancel my wow sub tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    i just canceled my ff14 sub.

I'm on famfrit.

Also gonna cancel my wow sub tonight
    I've cancelled my WoW one. Just not into it atm and mostly on PS4 these days so FF14 is a main game for me since I enjoy it.

I've cancelled my WoW one. Just not into it atm and mostly on PS4 these days so FF14 is a main game for me since I enjoy it.
    im playing on sunwell+northdale

gonna make me a pally tank on the fresh bc server

To any rift refugees looking for a home nexus is in great shap..
    Fuck.
    Nah nvm just go to ffxiv like eleccy said
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    im playing on sunwell+northdale

gonna make me a pally tank on the fresh bc server
    Eh not really into that scene personally. Best we don't start a forbidden topic mate. (Not backseat moderating just don't want either of us getting our wrists slapped)

I considered going back to FFXIV, But that requires me to buy a copy of Stormblood for PS4.......

RIP.

I considered going back to FFXIV, But that requires me to buy a copy of Stormblood for PS4.......

RIP.
    Was on sale like last week. £15 or something for standard.

Was on sale like last week. £15 or something for standard.
    Ya I've seen it for like $25 here but I really don't want to spend over $20 since ill have to spend $15 for membership as well.