Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    And priests draw from both the light and the void. Warlocks draw from both fel and void. It is certainly not unthinkable. Even void elf Paladins should be a thing because priests are.
    You have a point.I just read this and an idea poped up in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    They can put some effort into a scenario for both these races so they can be DH.

And they should put even more effort into many of these being DKS ffs.
    @Shefu,

You are right.Imagine how awesome will be to have a scenario in which you go fetch your demon and then you go do a merging with it.Also more fell magic training!
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    If you only look at level 120 characters played are pretty much in the middle though :P

Paladins 11,4%
    Druids 10,6%
    Hunters 10,2%
    Warrior 9%
    Demonhunter 8,6%
    Mages 8,5%
    Monks at the bottom with 6,3%
    on realmpop, it says 4,8% Dhs and 6,4% monks on EU and 4,7% Dhs and 6,4% monks on US realms. This is only 120lvl characters, maybe what you used was all lvls of Dhs.

EDIT: wait, you said only 120lvls, I have no idea where did you get your stats then, but it's not accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    There is also the fact some classes aren't simply "pick-up-and-play". Shamanism, for example, is not simply crafting a totem and dropping them everywhere you go. You need to be chosen by the elements, from what I recall. You need a connection to the elements.
    Not true.
    1.) open browser and go to https://eu.shop.battle.net
    2.) create account and download game
    3.) install the game
    4.) log in and create a shaman
    5.) play shaman*

no connection with the elements required, only internet connection.

*if you want to play past lvl 20 you need to purchase the game

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    You can easily just make it so that Void elf and Nightborne DH have already completed the quests when they start, just so that the only DH quests there are left, are the artifact/order hall ones. While i would ofcourse prefer them to start at a lower level to give time for personal attachement and player growth, DKs and DHs are built to be started at a higher level and you can't really reduce them to a lower level as their entire ability process would be fractured.

Also, as a side note, Blizzard does like to have some part of their story to stay coheasive, so having Nightborne and Void Elf DKs would screw everything up, as the nightborne was in isolation for thousands of years before Legion and Void Elfs did literally not exists before the fall of Sargeras.
    The leveling experience shouldn't be that different. Instead of starting with all the talent rows till 100, they just have them at lvl15/30 etc like everyone else. It shouldn't be a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    on realmpop, it says 4,8% Dhs and 6,4% monks on EU and 4,7% Dhs and 6,4% monks on US realms. This is only 120lvl characters, maybe what you used was all lvls of Dhs.

EDIT: wait, you said only 120lvls, I have no idea where did you get your stats then, but it's not accurate
    There is a slider under the piecharts on Realm Pop. Obviously there won't be a lot of demon hunters in the 1 - 120 lvl range, since they start at 98 (or something around that number).

Another fun conclussion that isn't aparent without using the slider to limit playerbase to 120 lvl (which is the only level that matters) is that Horde consists of around 55% of total players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    The leveling experience shouldn't be that different. Instead of starting with all the talent rows till 100, they just have them at lvl15/30 etc like everyone else. It shouldn't be a huge difference.
    But then you end up having 2 completly different DHs. The ones that started in DH leveling zone with 98-100-102 etc. talents while others have it from 15-30-45 etc. That is inconsistancy and is a huge no-go when you make games, especially when a non-hardcore audience. Aside from that, both DH and DKs gets a bucketload of new abilities quite fast in their introduction area, so having to space them out from lvl 1 to their starting level will also take some thinking.

In the end, i think Blizzard simply does not see a huge gain in allowing Void Elves and Nightborne to be DH, since the increase in race-variety will not really gain that much added playtime. The same with DKs and allied races. If you are already not playing DH or DK, adding the new races will proberly not change your mind...Or that is how i think Blizzard thinks it.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Zapporius View Post
    Not true.
    1.) open browser and go to https://eu.shop.battle.net
    2.) create account and download game
    3.) install the game
    4.) log in and create a shaman
    5.) play shaman*

no connection with the elements required, only internet connection.

*if you want to play past lvl 20 you need to purchase the game
    Never go full... dumb. You just went full dumb.

You know exactly what I was talking about, but you decided to try to be cute. And fail spectacularly at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You're claiming one of the main concerns of NPC design is "how would a class based on this NPC play like?"
    An NPC that could be a potential class. Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You are actually saying Lightforged Draenei lose their ability to pilot a mech when arriving on Azeroth.
    Until otherwise indicated, that would be the indication.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    There is a slider under the piecharts on Realm Pop. Obviously there won't be a lot of demon hunters in the 1 - 120 lvl range, since they start at 98 (or something around that number).

Another fun conclussion that isn't aparent without using the slider to limit playerbase to 120 lvl (which is the only level that matters) is that Horde consists of around 55% of total players.
    I am sorry, I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    But then you end up having 2 completly different DHs. The ones that started in DH leveling zone with 98-100-102 etc. talents while others have it from 15-30-45 etc. That is inconsistancy and is a huge no-go when you make games, especially when a non-hardcore audience. Aside from that, both DH and DKs gets a bucketload of new abilities quite fast in their introduction area, so having to space them out from lvl 1 to their starting level will also take some thinking.

In the end, i think Blizzard simply does not see a huge gain in allowing Void Elves and Nightborne to be DH, since the increase in race-variety will not really gain that much added playtime. The same with DKs and allied races. If you are already not playing DH or DK, adding the new races will proberly not change your mind...Or that is how i think Blizzard thinks it.
    You think? I'd think that would be the trade off and it would net you the heritage armor. Also, race changes are a thing. It's a different origin story, so i don't see a problem.

As for the devs, it's clearly not a priority, but i am sure they will have to open it up eventually. DK's have loads of options, but DH's clearly need to be expanded.
    Thinking about it, they can probably get away with it by just adding it to humans and orcs and pretend they were Illidary as well. It's easier to explain than Velfs and Nb.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post

Mine was from a german site that said data from 8th November.

Dunno which one is right now though :P

Why do they have to be elves? It would make more sense for Draenei and Outland Orcs to be demon hunters.

Lorewise it makes zero sense

Void Elves are a far worse decision that Diablo Immortal, so No. No they shouldn't.