Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is Sarah Silverman helping or hurting Louis CK?

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/sar...ed-1202988208/

“I don’t know if I’m going to regret saying this,” Silverman said. “I’ve known Louis forever, I’m not making excuses for him, so please don’t take this that way. We are peers. We are equals. When we were kids, and he asked if he could masturbate in front of me, sometimes I’d go, ‘F— yeah I want to see that!’ … It’s not analogous to the other women that are talking about what he did to them. He could offer me nothing. We were only just friends. So sometimes, yeah, I wanted to see it, it was amazing. Sometimes I would say, ‘F—ing no, gross,’ and we got pizza.”
    I think this might help his image as it may convey sympathy from some because it establishes a pattern of behavior that was apparently encouraged on occasion. I am not defending what he did in anyway, but I think this may help his career rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/sar...ed-1202988208/

I think this might help his image as it may convey sympathy from some because it establishes a pattern of behavior that was apparently encouraged on occasion. I am not defending what he did in anyway, but I think this may help his career rebound.
    She's just trying to stay relevant.

When we were kids, and he asked if he could masturbate in front of me, sometimes I’d go, ‘F— yeah I want to see that!’

That sounds like one of her jokes, she's a stand up comedian.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Sometimes its hot to watch someone rub one out, but Louis CK? Just ewwwwww....
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I have no idea how she has a career. She is never funny. She was one of the only unfunny parts of Louis CK's show.

Neither. She's sticking up for someone she considers a friend (though in some places what she's saying comes pretty close to "Well, I didn't have a problem with it") while simultaneously calling his behavior inappropriate and creepy.

Either way, it doesn't really alter my opinion of Louis CK one way or the other.

You could say a lot about her encouraing his behavior from a younger age, though.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-10-23 at 02:33 AM.

Deleted
    what has he done? i'm not updated on this

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I have no idea how she has a career. She is never funny. She was one of the only unfunny parts of Louis CK's show.
    Because you never have any sense of humor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows, but she is hot for a 50 something year old lady.

he's already making a comeback from what i understand.
    she'll probably get flak for this though.

you say something in public you can be sure someone's going to be offended.

personally i find both of them funny.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sorry, but just because you have a gf that likes to role play rape scenarios doesn't mean you get a pass on being a rapist.
    nice analogy.

except he asked for permission every time.

Deleted
    This is her cry for transgenderism. She doesn't have a willy of her own so she fulfills her desires by using his by proxy.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2018-10-24 at 07:18 AM.

Unless I'm missing something, didn't loius ck ask these other girls before doing anything as well? They just got offended about it.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Sometimes its hot to watch someone rub one out, but Louis CK? Just ewwwwww....
    That's not nice and counter to your signature that says be less ignorant. Some people are attracted to his type or aren't as scrutinizing in appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Forte View Post
    That's not nice and counter to your signature that says be less ignorant. Some people are attracted to his type or aren't as scrutinizing in appearances.
    Its an opinion and a joke, dont get too hung up on it.

Im aware some people like that dumpy, unfit look.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, didn't loius ck ask these other girls before doing anything as well? They just got offended about it.

The implication is that they had to say yes or he could mess with their careers. Its about a power imbalance between CK and the other person. I don't know if there is any truth to this or if they just thought it was weird and regretted it later or what, but that s the reason it messed up his career

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, he didn’t. And just because you ask first doesn’t negate the crime. Especially since we know he didn’t recieve permission every time.
    since when do we know that? lol.

and yes it does since the whole "crime" part of it is not getting permission for it. so it quite literally does negate the crime

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    The implication is that they had to say yes or he could mess with their careers. Its about a power imbalance between CK and the other person. I don't know if there is any truth to this or if they just thought it was weird and regretted it later or what, but that s the reason it messed up his career
    louis CK and his insane power back in the early 2000s lol

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    Because you never have any sense of humor?
    Yeah if I don't find one particular comedian (regarded by many people as untalented) that means I have no sense of humor.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's in to kinky shit, but I don't see anything illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    what has he done? i'm not updated on this
    He asked people if he could jerk off in front of them, they said yes but then #reeetoo happened