Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    She's just trying to stay relevant.
    What do you mean? She has had a special released within the last year and a show.

What the fuck? I’m not sure how that’s supposed to make either of them look good to anyone with a working brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sorry, but just because you have a gf that likes to role play rape scenarios doesn't mean you get a pass on being a rapist.
    None of the allegations ever said he didn't ask permission.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    He's in to kinky shit, but I don't see anything illegal.
    Honestly, Is jerking off infront of someone really considered 'Kinky shit' In this day and age?

I would say it is hurting his case and painting her as even weirder than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I would say it is hurting his case and painting her as even weirder than before.
    That. But it seems like he's able to make a comeback despite that creepy shit. Definately had some power.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    That. But it seems like he's able to make a comeback despite that creepy shit. Definately had some power.
    I just wonder if the public will give him a pass when he starts doing it again, or will people pretend to be outraged for a few months and repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look some people are freaks okay? It's okay to be a freak.

It's not okay to use your power dynamic over others to force them to watch you be a freak.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither, I like Louis C.K but he is a grown man, nobody got him in the situation but himself. All Silverman is doing is playing to the crowd which is part of her career as a comedian.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Analogies are tough.
    Reading your bad analogies is like being raped.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    The implication is that they had to say yes or he could mess with their careers. Its about a power imbalance between CK and the other person. I don't know if there is any truth to this or if they just thought it was weird and regretted it later or what, but that s the reason it messed up his career
    and anyone with a brain in their heads can see right through that implication. these women might not have wanted to see dudes D but they agreed to it and thats on them. Now theyre just trying to hop on the Me Too train.

I'm gonna go with helping if you include all of her statements. The women who claim "their career was ruined" probably wouldn't have made it anyway even if they didn't see that. Tour with someone else to get your name out there. It takes years if not decades to get to a point in standup that many many people give a fuck about you.

Even some standup comedians that are known haven't made me laugh more than sarah sanders has. The shit that comes out of that womans mouth lol.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2018-10-23 at 03:23 AM.

Deleted
    It's not Silverman's responsibility to "help" him. She's free to say whatever she wants. He's the one who did all that. He gets to live with the consequences.

People shocked by this have never heard her version of the Aristocrats joke.

I'm pretty sure she's joking, because this is dead center with her normal comedic style.

Deleted
    Sarah Silverman is one of those leftist women for whom the word Makeup has absolutely no meaning, like she was a married woman with kids, who totally gave up on looking decent.

Deleted
    Both are pretty unpopular, so it won't do much for either of them, will it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/sar...ed-1202988208/

I think this might help his image as it may convey sympathy from some because it establishes a pattern of behavior that was apparently encouraged on occasion. I am not defending what he did in anyway, but I think this may help his career rebound.
    It just shows that his obsession with masturbating in front of people started at a young age, and he should have seeked therapy much sooner, lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like she knows he did bad shit but didn't care because of whatever reason.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Yeah if I don't find one particular comedian (regarded by many people as untalented) that means I have no sense of humor.
    If you find one particular comedian, regarded by many people as talented and funny, that means you have no sense of humor.
    See I can do that too!

How is it bad exactly? It gets the point across and is even a similar crime...
    Because it's too similar to the real accusations. If people are hazy, they'll think it's not an analogy. It's as if you saw a crocodile, then went, "Wow, this thing looks like a gator," and expect people to know it's, "an analogy," and not just you not knowing appropriate analogies.

You even had an example of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Umm, rape? Think you have the wrong comedian...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..