Weird WoW Suspension

Hey All,

So it turns out that my account was supposedly hacked today. I logged on after changing my password and didn't notice anything particularly different but I sent a ticket to Blizzard requesting that any stolen goods could be returned to my character (I could swear I had more gold). After this, I went out for a few hours and then came back to find a ticket response stating that other than the changed password, nothing else had changed. They then went on to recommend I get an authenticator (which I did) and that I enjoy the rest of my day.

After reading the e-mail, however, I found out that I was suspended for a month. There's no e-mail in any of my folders and no details on the Battle.net website explaining this suspension. I've definitely not broken any rules in the last few weeks (that I can think of, hell i've been afk for most of it).

Does it seem likely that this suspension is a precautionary measure taken after account hacks and, if so, can it be lifted? I've sent a ticket through already and should hopefully receive a response soon, but I'd love to hear if anyone here has had any similar experiences to give me a bit of peace of mind.

I'm 15 wins off getting my first Gladiator achievement and i'm gonna be salty if I lose it 'cause of this.

Same thing happened to me years ago.

Woke up to find I had been hacked.

Got everything taken care of, played for a few hours. Log on at night to find I had been suspended for all the stuff the hackers had done.

Put in a ticket, GM fixed everything. I guess its part of there safety stuff, who knows. GM should take care of ya though.

I've never heard of anyone who was legit hacked getting suspended after, but I've never been in that situation so IDK.

I'm 15 wins off getting my first Gladiator achievement and i'm gonna be salty if I lose it 'cause of this.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... I'm not accusing you of anything OP, but if you're 15 wins off from getting your first Glad achieve because you bought arena carries (which are usually piloted) then that will def get you a 30-day suspension. Blizz really cracked down on piloted carries last patch and suspended people for buying Glad/Titanslayer all the way down to people who merely bought a Mage Tower boost.

If you did then most likely the GM looked further into your account and saw that whoever "hacked" your account was using an IP commonly used in piloted arena carries, noticed that the only thing that changed on your account is that you're suddenly 2400+ for the first time ever thanks to the "hacker" and put 2 and 2 together

If you were legit hacked and did nothing wrong, then they will likely overturn the suspension easily, though.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2018-10-22 at 09:01 PM.

Back in Cata my account got hacked as one of those mining bots, when I sent my ticket in Blizzard reverted my ban that day. In my case the ban was considered indefinite and they just gave me the same advice about getting an Authenticator after they reverted the ban and returned my items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Hey All,

So it turns out that my account was supposedly hacked today. I logged on after changing my password and didn't notice anything particularly different but I sent a ticket to Blizzard requesting that any stolen goods could be returned to my character (I could swear I had more gold). After this, I went out for a few hours and then came back to find a ticket response stating that other than the changed password, nothing else had changed. They then went on to recommend I get an authenticator (which I did) and that I enjoy the rest of my day.

After reading the e-mail, however, I found out that I was suspended for a month. There's no e-mail in any of my folders and no details on the Battle.net website explaining this suspension. I've definitely not broken any rules in the last few weeks (that I can think of, hell i've been afk for most of it).

Does it seem likely that this suspension is a precautionary measure taken after account hacks and, if so, can it be lifted? I've sent a ticket through already and should hopefully receive a response soon, but I'd love to hear if anyone here has had any similar experiences to give me a bit of peace of mind.

If an account is suspected hacked, and/or reported to Blizzard, they'll shut down your account until they'll get in contact with the owner. A common precaution to avoid loss of items or details.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Likely a precautionary thing then, thanks for clearing that up guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a while back sometimes they would use hacked toons to advertise boosts etc as it made them seem more "legit" than level 1's meaning your account could get banned for spamming/advertising,but its more than likely precautionary as the others have said

10+ Year Old Account
    yes that is normal and happened to ppl i know before
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

You should be glad it's not an account closure or a 6 month suspension.

Friend of mine got hacked a while back because (presumably) he logged into his account in at an internet cafe.

Apparently the hacker used hacks on his account and he got a 6 month suspension. He talked over the phone with support and apparently they noticed that he logged in from another IP address that was outside the usual country he logs in from, but since it was a known VPN IP in their records, so they could not turn back the suspension.

Turns out that those people who use bots / hacks try to get away with it by telling support they got hacked after they get banned. Seems like they bot/hack while using VPN just for those cases and Blizzard noticed that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This isn't really the place to discuss suspensions of your Battle.net account, you would be better served by contacting Blizzard's official support directly. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead