Poll: I am...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, is male masturbation legal murder?
    Sperm is not a human, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Sperm is not a human, so no.
    But it's half a human, so would it be half murder, assault?

That's the danger of arguing against bodily autonomy in the name of potential life. Where do you stop?

Now, I have a solution. Make abortions legal, and have the abortion simply be an inducement of early labor. The woman gives birth to the fetus,a nd the fetus has the opportunity to live outside the womb. After all, both are afforded their own rights.

But it's half a human, so would it be half murder, assault?

That's the danger of arguing against bodily autonomy in the name of potential life. Where do you stop?

Now, I have a solution. Make abortions legal, and have the abortion simply be an inducement of early labor. The woman gives birth to the fetus,a nd the fetus has the opportunity to live outside the womb. After all, both are afforded their own rights.
    It’s not potential life, it is life. Why don’t you watch the video of the doctor I linked that performed many of them pulling them out one limb at a time.

It’s not potential life, it is life. Why don’t you watch the video of the doctor I linked that performed many of them pulling them out one limb at a time.
    Then let it live, by giving birth to it early. You. Are. Welcome.

Also, sperm is also living, so shall we circle back to that?

Then let it live, by giving birth to it early. You. Are. Welcome.

Also, sperm is also living, so shall we circle back to that?
    Sperm is not human life. Are you actually that dense?

Sperm is not human life. Are you actually that dense?
    You said it was life.

So, solve your problem by having all abortions simply be an early inducement of labor. That fetus is afforded the chance to live.

You said it was life.

So, solve your problem by having all abortions simply be an early inducement of labor. That fetus is afforded the chance to live.
    I would rather not take a 50/50 chance. She can have the baby then put it up for adoption if she doesn’t want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth420 View Post
    So with that thinking we should just abort orphanages
    This is my biggest gripe about things... if the pro-life right really cared about the lives of children, they'd actually adopt them.

Instead, they mock "liberal hollywood elites" for actually making a difference in a child's life an adopting them. They fight against healthcare for children. They fight against food for children.

If every American stopped fighting abortion, and instead actively supported adoption, we'd see actual improvement in the country.

I would rather not take a 50/50 chance. She can have the baby then put it up for adoption if she doesn’t want it.
    Then you are not supporting her life, and are opposing her bodily autonomy. It's not you taking the chance, it's you wanting to force your beliefs on someone else's body, including the fetus'. If you are going to say that it should have a right to life, then an abortion via inducement of labor affords that fetus the right to life. Now, it's not going to survive in most cases, because it's not a viable being. After all, most abortions occur long before a fetus is capable of surviving outside the womb (21 weeks 5 days as of now).

Then you are not supporting her life, and are opposing her bodily autonomy. It's not you taking the chance, it's you wanting to force your beliefs on someone else's body, including the fetus'. If you are going to say that it should have a right to life, then an abortion via inducement of labor affords that fetus the right to life. Now, it's not going to survive in most cases, because it's not a viable being. After all, most abortions occur long before a fetus is capable of surviving outside the womb (21 weeks 5 days as of now).
    So just because it can’t survive outside the womb makes it not human life? By that logic anyone in a coma ceases to be a human until they come out of it.

So just because it can’t survive outside the womb makes it not human life? By that logic anyone in a coma ceases to be a human until they come out of it.
    It has the opportunity to survive, and that's all we should be able to hope for. Or are you one of those equality-of-outcome leftists?

10+ Year Old Account
    So just because it can’t survive outside the womb makes it not human life?
    And the minor fact it has no coherent brain activity.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

It has the opportunity to survive, and that's all we should be able to hope for. Or are you one of those equality-of-outcome leftists?
    It has that opportunity guaranteed in 9 months. Abortion is an excuse for people that don’t want to take responsibility for their actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And the minor fact it has no coherent brain activity.

Neither does someone that’s brain dead. They are still human though.

It has that opportunity guaranteed in 9 months. Abortion is an excuse for people that don’t want to take responsibility for their actions.
    An abortion is taking responsibility, because abortion is legal in my country. Man, freedom and bodily autonomy are awesome.

If you are going to forcefully demand that women carry a fetus to term (even when they have been raped), then are you going to pay for it? After all, you are forcing that action upon them.

An abortion is taking responsibility, because abortion is legal in my country. Man, freedom and bodily autonomy are awesome.

If you are going to forcefully demand that women carry a fetus to term (even when they have been raped), then are you going to pay for it? After all, you are forcing that action upon them.
    If you read my past history. Rape* is one of the only situations in which I support it, because it wasn’t her choice to have sex.

If you read my past history. Rape* is one of the only situations in which I support it, because it wasn’t her choice to have sex.
    And yet, it's still denying another innocent human of it's right to life... so that makes you inconsistent. Yeah, you walked into that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has that opportunity guaranteed in 9 months.
    Uh, no it doesn't. In the vicinity of a third to half of pregnancies (numbers are difficult to obtain as many happen so early that its generally indistinguishable from a heavy period) result in a miscarriage.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    I fully expect to hear about "eugenicists" again.
    there are some eugenics advocates on this forum.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.