Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Your Blizzcon reveal guesses

What do you think will be revealed at Blizzcon?

My guesses:
    • Kul Tiran and Zandalari classes
    • lore for 8.2

I'd like to hear about more Allied Races and a Shaman redesign, but I doubt that will happen.

What do you think will realistically be announced that we don't know yet?

WoW Blizzcon news? No clue. Allied races probably for sure? Maybe a hint about the next raid after Siege, the small one. Uhhh. Vol'jin stuff? Idk.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

8.2 news - like a more in-depth look at Nazjatar and Azshara.

Possibly vulpera and whatever the Alliance equivalent allied race will be.

8.1 release date.
    The actual raid launch date.

Update on Kul Tirans/Zandalaris, hopefully the official list of classes they can be and their racials, along with how they're unlocked (possibly a short preview of 8.2?)

My guess is the next xpack, with Aszhara and N'zoth as main villians.
    8.2 reveal; something war related, possibly Gorak tul as end boss.
    Allied races; Ogre, Vulpera for horde. And some High elf using something else then the current elf models. And another random race for the alliance.

I'm guessing close to nothing, a class list for Zandalari and Kul Tiran, confirmation Vulpera will be playable for one faction and hint/reveal what the other factions race will be.

Or ALL THE THINGS! All upcoming patches and feature, sneakpeak at next expansion, Diablo 4, next big HotS update

Quote Originally Posted by Korrah View Post
    My guess is the next xpack,
    Did you mean new patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Allied races; Ogre, Vulpera for horde. And some High elf using something else then the current elf models. And another random race for the alliance.
    The next expansion is next year's Blizzcon. Azshara is already confirmed to be a villain in this expansion and is probably the boss of the 8.2 raid.

Vulpera are as certain to be the Horde Allied race (based on all evidence found so far) as High Elves are to be NOT the Alliance Allied race (because the devs have stated they aren't happening)...about as close to 100% certainty as you can get whilst leaving a sliver of a margin for error.

My own predictions

Vulpera for Horde
    Mecha Gnomes for Alliance
    8.2 raid revealed to be Nazjatar (maybe an underwater outdoor area)
    Silvermoon warfront
    Warlords timewalking
    Firelands timewalking raid
    Tol Barad and Wintergrasp Epic Battlegrounds
    Heritage armor for more races
    8.3 Hint
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-10-22 at 10:00 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go again.

Diablo - The floor exhibit is going to be all Diablo 3: Switch Edition, but I still hold out hope we get confirmation that D4 is happening.

WoW - 8.1 release date, and a bunch of classic information.

SC - Dead Game

Heroes - New hero or two, probably the final payoff to this "year of lore" that they wanted to do and then I guess abandoned.

Overwatch - New hero and map

Hearthstone - Expansion 3 for this year

New Games - None

Esports - Yes

Community Reaction - Disappointment
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's my complete list of guesses for WoW specifically.

Opening Ceremony
    • 8.1 Patch Trailer & Release Date
    • New Cinematic / Animated Short starring Genn Greymane
    • Classic Gameplay Trailer and news, 2019 release date
    • Announcements or hints of WoW 15th Anniversary & Warcraft 25th Anniversary events, media, and merch coming in 2019

What's Next Panel
    • Summary of everything that's happened so far from 8.0 up to 8.1.
    • 2019 patch road map with details for 8.1.5, 8.2.0, and 8.3.0
    • 8.1.5: Crucible of Storms, naga WQs, Island Expeditions, Warfront 3?, Heroic Warfronts?, playable Zandalari and Kul Tiran details, more Heritage Armor, WoD Timewalking
    • 8.2.0: New zone(s), new raid tier, new dungeon, Pathfinder Part 2 (flying), Island Expeditions, Warfront 4?, new Allied Races, more Heritage Armor, goblin / worgen revamp
    • 8.3.0: Teaser concept art

Q&A
    • Lots of questions about Azerite Armor, Allied Races, Heritage Armor, and goblin and worgen revamps

For other games:

Diablo Franchise: Maybe Netflix series, maybe mobile game*, maybe HD remaster(s), probably comics and/or novels, probably a hint at D4 being in the works, with a logo at most. Maybe another class or update for Diablo 3. There is a lot of empty room on the show floor in the Diablo hall map, so I suspect that they'll have at least one game announcement and playable demo other than the Switch version that's advertised.

Hearthstone: 2018 expansion 3 announcement cinematic with initial card reveals, maybe some serious discussion about hearing the community's feedback and plans to improve the game more in 2019 with new modes or features.

StarCraft: Nominal updates like announcer packs, new co-op heroes, etc.

Heroes of the Storm: Cinematic trailer with two new heroes and a map, probably building on the original "Nexus War" story they've been workign on. Maybe announcing the first playable heroes that will be original to the Nexus. Probably discussion of upcoming 2019 maps, events, new features, future story content.

Overwatch: Hero 29, new map, animated short, maybe a new mode, new social feature, new accessibility options / QoL changes, new OWL teams, 2019 OWL season details. Hopefully an announcement that they will push the lore harder in 2019, following that new writer being hired and the opening of a new official OW lore forum.

New Games or IPs: There will almost certainly be a new mobile game* announced, most likely connected to one of their existing IPs, most likely either Diablo, Overwatch, or Heroes of the Storm, IMO. Not expecting any new IPs, but if Allen Adham makes an appearance he'll probably talk about how they have people working on developing new projects and he might drop some hints
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2018-10-22 at 10:50 PM.

New Worgen models. We deserve them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Here we go again.

Diablo - The floor exhibit is going to be all Diablo 3: Switch Edition, but I still hold out hope we get confirmation that D4 is happening.

WoW - 8.1 release date, and a bunch of classic information.

SC - Dead Game

Heroes - New hero or two, probably the final payoff to this "year of lore" that they wanted to do and then I guess abandoned.

Overwatch - New hero and map

Hearthstone - Expansion 3 for this year

New Games - None

Esports - Yes

Community Reaction - Disappointment
    I think the point of the multiple projects and recent announcement was that one of the new games will probably be announced but not the others. So you might see Diablo spinoff, but not D4. D4 is probably the least likely thing to be announced.

8.2 will be the main wow topic, that is why they've been so transparent about 8.1 and put out so much of the story and information.

WoW: Azshara / N'Zoth stuff
    Diablo: nothing...
    Overwatch: New Character (Reinhardt's boyfriend)
    Heroes of th
    Hearthstone: new expac idgaf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I think the point of the multiple projects and recent announcement was that one of the new games will probably be announced but not the others. So you might see Diablo spinoff, but not D4. D4 is probably the least likely thing to be announced.

8.2 will be the main wow topic, that is why they've been so transparent about 8.1 and put out so much of the story and information.
    Diablo is just weird to me this year. The map flat out says it's the Diablo 3 demo area, and either a dev directly or some news site had reported the main focus was on Eternal Collection (AKA the Switch Edition). Realistically I think best case scenario is a new D3 expansion, worst case is it is all about the Switch.

8.2 I just plain refuse to get my excitement up. We've had what, one raid test? 8.1 feels like it's a month away from launching still, and I don't know if Blizz would have the guts to shank Battle of Dazar'alor by announcing that in 8.2 we're going to Nazjatar. Plus the classic hype train is starting to roll out of control, I wasn't convinced we'd get a release date for it, but I'm starting to feel like Classic could go beta this winter yet and launch next summer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kul’tiran and Zandalari details.
    8.2 reveal with raid details and a new warfront.
    Sneak peek at the next allied races.
    Azerite update.
    8.3 teaser.
    New mythic+ affixes
    Last edited by Ooid; 2018-10-22 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Blizzard will say that this’ll be the biggest and best Blizzcon yet, then they’ll proceed to cover 8.1 announce 8.2, tease 8.3 and show off an allied race or two before focusing on Classic.

Diablo will get a new mobile game.

Overwatch/HotS a new map/hero.

Starcraft some esports shit.

Hearthstone announce a Murlocs VS Tortollian expansion or something.

Diablo is just weird to me this year. The map flat out says it's the Diablo 3 demo area, and either a dev directly or some news site had reported the main focus was on Eternal Collection (AKA the Switch Edition). Realistically I think best case scenario is a new D3 expansion, worst case is it is all about the Switch.

8.2 I just plain refuse to get my excitement up. We've had what, one raid test? 8.1 feels like it's a month away from launching still, and I don't know if Blizz would have the guts to shank Battle of Dazar'alor by announcing that in 8.2 we're going to Nazjatar. Plus the classic hype train is starting to roll out of control, I wasn't convinced we'd get a release date for it, but I'm starting to feel like Classic could go beta this winter yet and launch next summer.
    Dunno why you'd feel that way when we've had, for example, Cata announced IIRC before 3.3 PTR had even gone up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Dunno why you'd feel that way when we've had, for example, Cata announced IIRC before 3.3 PTR had even gone up.
    TBF Cata was announced 9 years ago now and since then they've largely stuck to schedule. Even tapping the brakes hard on 8.1 because they thought they rushed out 7.1.

Though it may also have something to do with how much this resembles... I wanna say Blizzcon 2015? No, 2014. The one where the only big announcements were Legacy of the Void and Goblins VS Gnomes.

15+ Year Old Account
    They have a whole panel for the Diablo franchise on the main stage immediately after the opening ceremony. They aren't going to only be talking about Eternal Collection. And they already said there are multiple Diablo projects in the works, some of which will certainly be announced -- just probably not D4.

We've heard rumors of a Netflix series in development. I think you can probably count on new comics or books of some sort being announced. Maybe a new mobile game, maybe an HD remaster, maybe a new expansion or class for D3. All of those are fairly likely. And in the end, it's a big franchise push that is there to generate and build hype for the innevitable Diablo 4 (or whatever it will be titled) which is undoubtedly in development, given the fact that they're already openly hiring for it.

Blizzcon 2016 happened a week after after 7.1 launched, and Ion bounced around on stage for 45 minutes talking about 7.1.5, 7.2.0, and even 7.3.0. I'm fairly certain that we'll see the same this year, which is to say the 2019 patch roadmap for WoW.

I feel like Classic WoW is almost certainly launching November 2019, timed to coincide with the 15th anniversary. Hell, one thing I can pretty much guarantee is that the opening cinematic starting with "Ten years... of Warcraft" will be changed to "25 years of Warcraft... 15 years of World of Warcraft."
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2018-10-22 at 11:04 PM.

They will not be announcing the next expansion, lol. Next year, most likely. That's usually around or just after the last patch. You do understand, BfA was announced 11 months ago?