Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

World of Warcraft Classic - Patch 1.13.0: Build 28211

World of Warcraft Classic - Patch 1.13.0: Build 28211
    World of Warcraft Classic data for the BlizzCon demo was pushed tonight! There isn't a previous build to show changes against, but feel free to ask questions that we can try and answer with client data in the comments.

Everyone with a Virtual Ticket should be able to try the demo after the opening ceremony.

Last edited by chaud; 2018-10-23 at 05:16 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How did you do this?

Damn this makes me want to get a virtual ticket. I just can't give them the $$

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, any new-old textures in there?

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can try to list changes against 1.12.1?

10+ Year Old Account
    How big is the client?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post

Cinematic*
    ok... and?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Man, build number 28211 just looks so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    How big is the client?
    This probably won't tell you much since we can't really tell how much of the BfA client is baked in but turned off.

I don't see why its taking them so long to get Classic up and running. I still have my Vanilla - Legion discs with 0 patches. Why couldn't they reboot it from those?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    I don't see why its taking them so long to get Classic up and running. I still have my Vanilla - Legion discs with 0 patches. Why couldn't they reboot it from those?
    You can't be surisous?
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Deleted
    Where and how did you get that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the development time to fix the major vanilla bugs/exploits using the original code is less than adapting Classic to the more Modern client. Plus, improvements such as Colorbind Mode (as they mentioned in the Watercooler) would take FOREVER to code into the 1.12 engine
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    You can't be surisous?
    In a past interview they said that they'd need to build the game from the ground up but....what if they used the original cds out there to simply pull the files off them instead of having to rebuild the game OR gut down the current game down. I'm not a game developer so idk which would be the easier route. I just feel using the original retail discs would give the best "Vanilla means Vanilla" experience

Anyone who works in software development would understand it's not that straight forward. But if you don't, it's too elaborate to even get into it. But trust me it's not that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Because the development time to fix the major vanilla bugs/exploits using the original code is less than adapting Classic to the more Modern client. Plus, improvements such as Colorbind Mode (as they mentioned in the Watercooler) would take FOREVER to code into the 1.12 engine
    if they stick to their Vanilla means vanilla quote then colorblind mode along with plenty of quality of life improvements to the game shouldn't be in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    You can try to list changes against 1.12.1?
    Unfortunately that is far beyond what we can quickly and easily do. I quickly checked spells, most of the old ones made it outside of some deprecated and NPC spells.

Two "new" spells:

Purple Ogre Costume
    BlizzCon Exhaustion