every RBG group is guarnteed to consist of:

1 DH
    2 disc priest
    2 boomkin
    1 MW
    1Hpal
    1 rogue

That's 8 predetermined roles at 2k+

Rest depends on whether or not it's a ROT comp.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2018-10-23 at 05:07 PM.

we run 10 rogues get rekt

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Beta for Azeroth

lol

every RBG group is guarnteed to consist of:

1 DH
    2 disc priest
    2 boomkin
    1 MW
    1Hpal
    1 rogue

That's 8 predetermined roles at 2k+

Rest depends on whether or not it's a ROT comp.
    4 healers? hell i've seen groups run with 5 healers above 2k, so sure i guess on some maps, but one of those healers will usually be dps spec most of the time. But still 4 is not the norm, 3 is in my limited experience.

I'd suggest at the moment for RBG's a group should have :-

1 DH - Still the fastest FC out there bar none (wish bliz had made other classes viable for this)
    1 Rogue - Could be argued it could potentially be swapped out for feral, but certainly you want a stealth class capable of winning 1vs1 or at least stealing whatever that person is defending.
    3 Reliable healers / potentially a 4th dps that can go healer too - Disc / MW / HP - not seen many resto shamans around they do pop up but not played with one this season, Disc / HPal / Rdruid is my pref, but you can swap out any one of these with a monk - theres no real advantage to stacking disc priests. (i'm guilty of running double disc - but i have a lot of friends that are healing priests)
    1 boomkin - boomkin are strong have good cc, would not say 2 is required tho, depends on the rest of dps makeup.
    Last edited by ilik2345; 2018-10-23 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    4 healers? hell i've seen groups run with 5 healers above 2k, so sure i guess on some maps, but one of those healers will usually be dps spec most of the time. But still 4 is not the norm, 3 is in my limited experience.
    Playing four (or even 5) healers is just one of those really unfun strategies, especially in Bg's like AB, your sole goal is basically to get two bases really fast and then stall the game for 20 minutes, at best get a lucky tap on the third base.

You bore your opponent to death and that's basically true for any BG if you play four healers and mostly rely on some lucky tap or early tap to win the game.

1 Rogue - Could be argued it could potentially be swapped out for feral, but certainly you want a stealth class capable of winning 1vs1 or at least stealing whatever that person is defending.
    Unwise.
    Ferals don't have smoke bomb, which is crucial in CTF bg's to land kills on the enemy FC.
    And if the enemy has no Hpally, you just zerg down the opponent as Assa in teamfights, without reliable poison dispel, enemy healer will not be able to keep the group alive during a prolonged fight.
    Also Shadow duel shenanigans.

Rogues >> Feral in RBG.

3 Reliable healers / potentially a 4th dps that can go healer too - Disc / MW / HP - not seen many resto shamans around they do pop up but not played with one this season, Disc / HPal / Rdruid is my pref, but you can swap out any one of these with a monk - theres no real advantage to stacking disc priests. (i'm guilty of running double disc - but i have a lot of friends that are healing priests)
    Generally speaking, at least one Disc and Hpally is mandatory.
    Disc to keep the group alive and those absorbs are just damn OP, Hpally for external CD (very important in CTF) and to counter any potential Assa Rogue with Pure of Heart.
    If the enemy has two rogues and you have no Hpally, you will not win any massive teamfight unless you steamroll them right off the bat.

The last spot can be used for a 2nd Disc, Monk or Resto Druid.
    All of them have up and downsides, 2nd Disc is amazing for just HPS in teamfights such as Silverhard or EotS, however has no mobility, Monks / Druid are very mobile healers which is very beneficial in CTF Bg's and bigger Bg's such as AB.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Playing four (or even 5) healers is just one of those really unfun strategies, especially in Bg's like AB, your sole goal is basically to get two bases really fast and then stall the game for 20 minutes, at best get a lucky tap on the third base.

You bore your opponent to death and that's basically true for any BG if you play four healers and mostly rely on some lucky tap or early tap to win the game.

Unwise.
    Ferals don't have smoke bomb, which is crucial in CTF bg's to land kills on the enemy FC.
    And if the enemy has no Hpally, you just zerg down the opponent as Assa in teamfights, without reliable poison dispel, enemy healer will not be able to keep the group alive during a prolonged fight.
    Also Shadow duel shenanigans.

Rogues >> Feral in RBG.

Generally speaking, at least one Disc and Hpally is mandatory.
    Disc to keep the group alive and those absorbs are just damn OP, Hpally for external CD (very important in CTF) and to counter any potential Assa Rogue with Pure of Heart.
    If the enemy has two rogues and you have no Hpally, you will not win any massive teamfight unless you steamroll them right off the bat.

The last spot can be used for a 2nd Disc, Monk or Resto Druid.
    All of them have up and downsides, 2nd Disc is amazing for just HPS in teamfights such as Silverhard or EotS, however has no mobility, Monks / Druid are very mobile healers which is very beneficial in CTF Bg's and bigger Bg's such as AB.
    Really nice feedback I might start another thread specifically on the topic of RBG comps for this season as it really interests me and i don't want to derail Shalaator's thread.

2.4k+ CR RBG player here. We meet 4 healer combos pretty rarely, and only on specific maps (Seething especially, good way to make it even more cancer). We normally run with 3 healers ourselves, and never go 4, though that is changing soon. We used to have a resto shaman and an elemental/enh shaman, but they have been asked to reroll MW and boomkin respectively so we will have a better setup. It sucks, but it was needed... RBG right now does have a lot of stupid shit atm (drain life trait stacking, boomkin stacking etc).

Really nice feedback I might start another thread specifically on the topic of RBG comps for this season as it really interests me and i don't want to derail Shalaator's thread.
    There's nothing to derail, post away.

Boomkins being capable of extreme burst, utility and extreme rot is absolutely bs. Do you go disc for max aoe heals? Do you go holy for max single target heals? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Think trinketing out of root+beam will help you? Nope, you'll spend half the game cycloned without relentess, and your team will die to rot. But if you take relentless, you'll get root-ed and solar beamed by one of the 3 boomies, and someone will die instantly to single target burst.

It was a nice niche role in legion, but now it's standard.

I never saw anything so $%^&*()(*&^%^&*()

Thank god I got shadowmeld, can't say the same for most of my other fellow priests. Saves me from one CC chain every 2 minutes.

There is nothing this dps class isn't capable of. They can bring a destro lock and a fire mage and DK (or warr) and still rot LOL
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2018-10-24 at 03:40 AM.

oh waited sooo long for this update!