Twitch Drops Are Back, Blue Posts, Tempo Storm - Road To HGC Finals

Twitch Drops Are Back For Heroes And Starcraft II
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)

Fans of Heroes of the Storm and StarCraft II have the chance to earn in-game loot simply by tuning in to Twitch for championship esports tournaments during BlizzCon Opening Week and BlizzCon.

Guaranteed Drops

Guaranteed Drops for four hours of viewing either Heroes of the Storm or StarCraft II:
    • Fans who watch Heroes of the Storm or StarCraft II for a total of four hours during BlizzCon Opening Week from Oct. 25–28 and/or BlizzCon on Nov. 2–3 will receive one Rare Loot Chest in Heroes of the Storm and the Alarak Portrait in StarCraft II.

Guaranteed Drops for eight and 12 hours of viewing Heroes of the Storm:
    • Fans who watch eight hours of the HGC Finals at BlizzCon Opening Week and/or BlizzCon also will receive a Cheery Vikings Portrait in Heroes of the Storm.
    • Tuning in for 12 hours will add a Cheery Vikings Spray.

Guaranteed Drops for eight and 12 hours of viewing StarCraft II:
    Fans who watch eight hours of the WCS Global Finals at BlizzCon Opening Week and/or BlizzCon also will receive a James "Sirius" Sykes Portrait in StarCraft II.
    Tuning in for 12 hours will add the 2018 WCS Finals Emoji Pack, as well as the Heaven’s Devils Spray.

Random Drops for Heroes of the Storm

During live broadcasts of the HGC Finals at BlizzCon Opening Week and BlizzCon, 500 Common Loot Chests will be awarded randomly to viewers each hour. On top of that, Heroic Account Unlock codes—which unlock every Hero up to Mal’Ganis—will be granted to three lucky viewers each broadcast day. To win a Heroic Account Unlock, tune in for at least one hour during eligible broadcast times.

Random Drops for StarCraft II

During live broadcasts of the WCS Global Finals at BlizzCon Opening Week and BlizzCon, 2000 new race Banners—exclusive for a limited time—will be awarded randomly to viewers each hour. For a chance at a Banner, tune in for at least one hour during eligible broadcast times.

Eligible Channels for Heroes of the Storm:

Eligible Channels for Heroes of the Storm:
    • Oct. 25 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. PDT
    • Oct. 26 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. PDT
    • Oct. 27 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. PDT
    • Oct. 28 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PDT
    • Nov. 2 from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. PDT
    • Nov. 3 from 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. PDT

For more details, read the official rules here[pdf].

Eligible Channels for StarCraft II:

Eligible Broadcast Times for StarCraft II:
    • Oct. 26 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PDT
    • Oct. 27 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PDT
    • Oct. 28 from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. PDT
    • Nov. 2 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. PDT
    • Nov. 3 from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. PDT

For more details, read the official rules here[pdf].

How to Link Your Account

Before you can receive rewards, you must link your Twitch.tv and Blizzard accounts. Here’s how:
    • Navigate to the Settings menu by clicking your account name in the top-right corner of the home screen.
    • Navigate to the Connections tab of the Settings menu.
    • Find the Battle.net section, then follow the instructions after selecting a region and clicking Connect.
    • When connecting accounts, be sure that you’re currently logged into the Blizzard account on which you’d like to receive your rewards.

Click here to go straight to the Twitch settings page.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If our artist had bandwith at the time, absolutely! i.e. Chromie has sand clones that show up and dance with her.
    Additionally, sometimes there are elements of a character’s fantasy or lore that we really want to bring into the Nexus, but can’t fit into the ability kit. Hearths, taunts and dances are the perfect place for us to geek out and add the tiny bits of flair that speak to the character, or sometimes our own personalities.

A personal example of this for me is the Portal FX for Deckard Cain’s Hearth. There was a heavy sentiment across the team that Deckard just HAD to use a portal for something, but it didn’t fit with the design of his abilities. It was great to be able to retain that fantasy using his Hearth animation though! (BlizzThomas)

The team often puts art into the game that doesnt necessarily come to fruition for the heroes; so for example ghost probius or greymane shark pirate and stuff like that where we only see sprays or something for these cool skin ideas. What’s the thought process behind not following up on skin designs like these and just teasing these ideas? I think a lil ghost probius floating around with an ethereal sheet flowing, some booing and beeping, maybe an old time candelabra theme for a photon cannon would be cool.
    I agree that would be awesome! As for the process, it really comes down to time. Between our incredible community and our awesome developers we have absolutely no lack of amazing ideas being generated. We only have so much time to develop assets though and a skin takes a lot more of that time than something like a spray. But anything can happen in the Nexus and if you’re particularly passionate about an idea, we definitely want to hear about it! (BlizzThomas)

You can see while using Blind as a Bat talent
    Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in and clarify what you’re seeing here.

Based on our testing it does not appear that Cleanse has any interaction with Blind as a Bat. However we have identified a couple of cases where you can gain unintended vision, the most notable of which is that if you have another vision suppression effect applied (such as Dehaka’s Isolation) and it expires during Blind as a Bat, it removes both vision suppression effects.

We’re currently working to fix the cases we’ve identified and are keeping an eye out for any additional reports. As a reminder, we do have an official Bug Report forum that’s actively monitored by our Quality Assurance team, so feel free to report any unusual interactions there as well:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/c/bug-report (u/BlizzMattVi)

Base/red tint for the Witches and Wardens banner removed after Mal'Ganis patch?
    Sorry that your banner seemingly disappeared, FrancisTheMannis!

We've temporarily disabled this specific item (for all players) due to a small issue on our end. We'll be fixing it and bringing it back ASAP, though; so everyone who had it will be able to throw it back down on the battleground soon. (u/Ravinix)

[Bug] If Ana's Q heals an ally to full, none of her Q talents apply
    Hello friends,

My original post was a misunderstanding - my apologies! We will get this looked at in the office tomorrow. Thanks for bringing it to our attention

Have a great Sunday! (u/Blizz_Daybringer)

Tempo Storm - Road to the HGC Finals
    Blizzard takes a look at Tempo Storm, one of the North American teams qualified for the HGC Finals, to learn more about who the members of the team are.

Deleted
    YAY !loot !claim! !GIVEMELOOT spam

Also it's kinda funny how the whole Halloween skins/loot boxes are gone a week before Halloween actually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post

Also it's kinda funny how the whole Halloween skins/loot boxes are gone a week before Halloween actually happens.
    The popular theory is that they didn't want it to overlap with Overwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post

It's technically the "fall event" rather than the "Halloween event", whatever that means. The real reason is that they want there to be more time between events, and time for players who play more than 1 Blizzard game to be able to do those other games events without overlapping. Like right now in WoW the Halloween event is going on...and I know OW has some Halloween event too, but I'm not sure if theirs has started or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can I tune in to both a starcraft and a hots stream at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Can I tune in to both a starcraft and a hots stream at the same time?
    You can view multiple streams in different tabs at the same time, yes.

Idk, it looks like they are trying to bribe people into watching the stream with some kind of lottery shit? Looks pretty pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Idk, it looks like they are trying to bribe people into watching the stream with some kind of lottery shit? Looks pretty pathetic.
    Isn't that pretty much what twitch is? Altogether, you watch it for memes / rewards / tits, so.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Idk, it looks like they are trying to bribe people into watching the stream with some kind of lottery shit?
    Congrats, you have discovered Twitch.

If you did not watch that Gen.G vs Team Liquid game, you need to do so the second it's up as VOD. Series of the tournament so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didin't get lost vikings portrait, sad because i watched week ago and right now HGC.