Thread: Those WW nerfs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    What pisses me off was the change to RJW. Why do they hate us having a spammable aoe?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Honestly, I wish I didn't have to put so much effort in for only decent AOE dps, while other classes and specs can tap 1 button and do the same or more. It's not even about not just having 1 button, it's the fact I have to contend with Chi AND Energy, or sometimes tab targetting several mobs for the SCK buff.

WW as a whole is a lot of fun, but it's also equally very frustrating in many aspects. I disliked the Touch of Karma and I dislike the Touch of Death playstyle.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

On paper, using numbers from simulationcraft, it's about a 4% buff. However, that doesn't account for a wonderfully timed karma which can account for 200k+ damage per use.

But, like someone else said, if it is the first pass of pulling ww monks away from defensive cds being required to compete with similarly skilled and geared players from another class, this is a step in the right direction.

WW has so much AoE abilities that the only thing it was good for was to pull easily in older content and raids. That and getting rogues out of stealth in arenas(RIP).
    Our Chi management did get a lot better with new traits/changes and I am enjoying it.

Just me or is glory of the dawn pathetic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xintoc View Post
    WW has so much AoE abilities that the only thing it was good for was to pull easily in older content and raids. That and getting rogues out of stealth in arenas(RIP).
    Our Chi management did get a lot better with new traits/changes and I am enjoying it.
    You can still do that btw, just have to get Reverse Harm. It gives you 2 Chi without requiring a target, that buys you 12s of RJW while Reverse Harm's CD is only 10s, so you can technically RJW forever with it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I'm really feeling the ST nerf. It feels like a deficit of 10-15% currently

Single target we are near the bottom of the pack now but aoe has improved a lot. I will be going up against a good DH in the guild tonight in M+ to see if we compete on AOE or I will probably start gearing my DH for 8.1, if we can't beat a DH in aoe when they have superior single target then our spec is worthless.

Will report back tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Single target we are near the bottom of the pack now but aoe has improved a lot. I will be going up against a good DH in the guild tonight in M+ to see if we compete on AOE or I will probably start gearing my DH for 8.1, if we can't beat a DH in aoe when they have superior single target then our spec is worthless.

Will report back tomorrow.
    I did 2 dungeons last night Tol dagor and Shrine of the storm +12. Our overall dungeon damage is definitely up with teaming and fortified and with the right azerite traits.

I was top dps overall against a shadow priest and rogue in Tol da gor with around 16k before we got to the canons. However when we swapped the DH in for the rogue for the shrine run I was last overall but we still did it in time.

I think when you group with a powerful DH the adds drop too fast for us to benefit more from our aoe damage, however I think WW will show it's strength on keys +14 and above.

The DH was close to 17k overall. The shadow priest 15k and myself around 14.5k. Unfortunately you sacrifice single target quite a bit and on boss fights i would be behind the DH by 3k or so.

Even though Demon hunters still are the best melee spec in M+ on pure output WW has been improved overall.

Raid wise you will need the Xuen trait to help with single target along with Laser Matrix or archive of the titans.
    Last edited by Hightotemz; 2018-12-13 at 02:16 PM.

How can it be a nerf when they are doing the same damage before the 8.1....

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    How can it be a nerf when they are doing the same damage before the 8.1....
    It is a nerf unless you have certain traits on single target. AOE with the right traits has improved. Demon Hunters are still the kings on pure overall output in M+ but we not too bad.

WW is not doing the same damage, if you look at the very top end there is as much as a 25% loss in ST damage. For the majority of WW it would have been a buff but for the top 5% (or less even) it was a nerf.

You can see WW has tumbled down the Uldir charts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    WW is not doing the same damage, if you look at the very top end there is as much as a 25% loss in ST damage. For the majority of WW it would have been a buff but for the top 5% (or less even) it was a nerf.

You can see WW has tumbled down the Uldir charts
    'tumbled down' or went down 2 spots is kinda dramatized ya think? no matter what argument monks are bottom competing with feral druids; what surprised me is how much the aff lock dropped.

Finally did our first reclear after killing Ghuun and taking a break for the holidays, and my god do I feel like a waste of a raid spot haha.

Basically the worst single target and AoE(no dance of chijis) of anyone in the raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Mythrax restored a bit of my faith. Felt pretty good and ended up actually topping damage.

Looking forward to Ghuun pulls considering it's by far our worst fight since the patch, statistically.

Deleted
    Been taking a break from the game because how it have been with azerite gear and so on.

Anyway, how is WW? Reading here it seems like they are doing bad atm. It's weird as when you google best dps 8.1 WW is 2nd atleast on single target.

I always liked monks and thought about coming back to WoW for 1½ month until Anthem releases to test it out. Not sure what to play though between WW and Frost DK.
    Im looking to one that have good AOE & single target for both m+ & raids, or maybe I just shouldnt resub.

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Been taking a break from the game because how it have been with azerite gear and so on.

Anyway, how is WW? Reading here it seems like they are doing bad atm. It's weird as when you google best dps 8.1 WW is 2nd atleast on single target.

I always liked monks and thought about coming back to WoW for 1½ month until Anthem releases to test it out. Not sure what to play though between WW and Frost DK.
    Im looking to one that have good AOE & single target for both m+ & raids, or maybe I just shouldnt resub.
    People are always exaggerating. If a spec is not top dps then i must be completely broken. WW is good. It is doing amazing ST and pretty good AOE. Plus you still have a ton of great utility and incredible mobility.

Frost DK is also good but you have to live as a slowpoke :b

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post

WW isn't in a terrible spot. The gameplay is better, but the numbers took a big hit.

I kind of chuckled at the "amazing single target" comment above considering we're statistically the worst ST class in the game(without perfect ToK usage) now outside Arms warriors.

Monk AoE is strong in short burst phases, but continuous AoE is extremely dependent on traits(Dance of Chiji) and even then is fairly weak.

We should see a bit of a bump next season since our traits interact really well with the two ring system. Lots of extremely strong one point traits.

Will be interesting to see how things go with the extra ring of traits we get with raid release, You'd be able to take glory, dance and fury together with 3x palm strikes. That way you get most of the traits that are very good to have one off while still being able to stack 3x palm strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Will be interesting to see how things go with the extra ring of traits we get with raid release, You'd be able to take glory, dance and fury together with 3x palm strikes. That way you get most of the traits that are very good to have one off while still being able to stack 3x palm strikes.
    Yup. I think it'll be the deciding factor on how viable WW is going to be.

Unfortunately it's going to take some luck(or time saving residuum) since you're unable to get that combination from the raid. There's an Open Palm+Dance head(4th boss), Open Palm+Fury/Dance chest(2nd boss) and Open Palm+Fury chest(7th boss), but there's only an Open Palm+Dance shoulder and it's off of Jaina(the last boss).

The good news is the closest to next best option is all available early in the raid since Treacherous Covenant is another strong one point(and stacking) trait.

4th boss - Head - Sunrise Technique/Open Palm Strikes + Dance of Chi'ji/Seductive Power
    3rd boss - Shoulder - Fury of Xuen/Glory of the Dawn + Pressure Points/Treacherous Covenant
    2nd boss - Chest - Fury of Xuen/Dance of Chi'ji + Open Palm Strikes/Bonded Souls

I’m just here so I don’t get fined

Many people are smurfing monk now, we totally need a nerf!