Page 1 of 2
LastLast

8.1 Warlock - New PvP talent: Demon Armor

Warlocks are getting pvp talent demon armor. Increases health by 10% and armor by 125%.

Thoughts ?
    Last edited by Ultima; 2018-10-24 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Clarification

Uh, what? Thoughts on... demon armor? What is demon armor?

You're going to have to throw us a bone here, bud. Also, why is this in the PvP forum?

Posted in wrong forum but dont know how to delete threa.

Warlocks are getting pvp talent demon armor. Increases health by 10% and armor by 125%.

Wanted to know how this will "fix" locks

Ahh, okay. Admittedly the fact that it was posted in the PvP forum was the confusing part to me.

I wasn't aware you were referring to a Warlock ability. (I don't play Warlock.)

You may be able to petition a moderator to delete the thread, although I'm not sure how that works. Perhaps a Global Mod (blue names) can help.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    You may be able to petition a moderator to delete the thread, although I'm not sure how that works. Perhaps a Global Mod (blue names) can help.
    Well, it is a PvP talent so this is a good place to discuss is.

I edited the title and opening post for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Duano View Post

Thoughts ?
    All locks or only certain specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    All locks or only certain specs?
    You could just read the front page, all info's there.

But no it's only for aff/destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Well, it is a PvP talent so this is a good place to discuss is.

I edited the title and opening post for clarification.
    Thumbs up, man.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashTytan View Post
    warlock is insane now!
    Lolwut?

A ~17% HP gain (10% STAM gain passive is not a flat 10%HP increase as it does not buff base HP) and a roughly ~12% decrease in damage taken will ammount to a warlock living for another 2 globals. 2 globals in which he will still not do any appreciable damage because DoTs hit like noodles (those 1200-1300 damage Agony ticks on the back end are just MURDER, and Destro will get sat on and be unable to cast), casting anything with a cast time is impossible, 2 more globals in which you still wont he able to escape, gain breathing room... nothing.

And for even that buff...

We have to give up a PvP talent.

Which absolutely vital talent do i sac?

Well still be shit-tier, well just get to enjoy living longer while being useless. Itll be so enjoyable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Lolwut?

A ~17% HP gain (10% STAM gain passive is not a flat 10%HP increase as it does not buff base HP) and a roughly ~12% decrease in damage taken will ammount to a warlock living for another 2 globals. 2 globals in which he will still not do any appreciable damage because DoTs hit like noodles (those 1200-1300 damage Agony ticks on the back end are just MURDER, and Destro will get sat on and be unable to cast), casting anything with a cast time is impossible, 2 more globals in which you still wont he able to escape, gain breathing room... nothing.

And for even that buff...

We have to give up a PvP talent.

Which absolutely vital talent do i sac?

Well still be shit-tier, well just get to enjoy living longer while being useless. Itll be so enjoyable.
    Think he was possibly being sarcastic, on the contrary I agree 100%. Warlocks problem is as simple as having less mobility/survivability than every single melee class. Aff's dots hit like weenies, destro is one of the easiest specs to lock down, and demo is just a meme. (Demo doing nothing short of no damage, next to being the only tanky-ish spec.)
    Our only baseline defensive is a 40% 3 minute wall that offers 8 sec of immunity to casting IF you don't take the casting circle (Which why would you ever take it?). I'd rather have a pvp talent reducing the CD on unending resolve over the new demon armor. Idk, that's just me though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought Shadow Bite does good damage for Demo? Either way, all/both specs suffer from bad pvp viability. Everything you do is hard cast, no mobility, no immunities, they took death coil away a long time ago.

It's like they've gone 20 steps back in terms of PVP design. Next thing you know you'll be getting severe pushback from melee autos because the design has regressed so far.
    Last edited by msdos; 2018-10-27 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts ?
    I think it's "great"(fucking stupid) that we are getting things that used to be (and still should be) baseline as talents so often! This is excellent (horrible) game design!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Great talent, we will survive 3 sec. more against any melee

15+ Year Old Account
    This can hardly be the only change "to adress" warlock survivability *eyes shadowpriests*
    Then again with BLZ one never know.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

It's as worthless as the whole pvp dev team

10+ Year Old Account

Thoughts ?
    My thought is I'll continue to play fire mage and spriest...

Quote Originally Posted by lardaoc View Post
    It's as worthless as the whole pvp dev team
    It's kinda odd how they looked at class distribution, noticed dks/warlocks/rot comps were at the bottom and decided to buff turbo,provide rmp with tripple knockback via kul tiran racial and as cherry on top give a semi-spammable mass dispel to resto shamans.

Wasn't this already an ability at some point?

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't you used to have a picture of a blonde woman giving double thumbs up as your avatar before? I only remember because I was like, "Heyyy, I do that too!"

10+ Year Old Account
    There isnt any single warlock in top 250 in 3v3 ladder that sums up everything :/
    A very cool signature text.