Page 1 of 129
... LastLast

Thumbs down Explosive devices addressed to Hillary, Obama, CNN and other DNC's are intercepted

Source

Explosive devices sent to Hillary Clinton, Obama, other prominent Democrats, and CNN were intercepted, officials said.

Investigators are working to determine whether the two devices addressed to Clinton and Obama are connected to a pipe bomb found earlier this week in the home mailbox of billionaire George Soros in community near where the Clintons live in Chappaqua, New York, multiple law enforcement officials told ABC News.

The preliminary belief is that all three devices are of similar pipe-bomb-style construction.

The Secret Service stressed that the packages did not reach Clinton or Obama.

"The packages were immediately identified during routine mail screening procedures as potential explosive devices and were appropriately handled as such," the Secret Service said in a statement.

Bill and Hillary Clinton live in Westchester County north of New York City, and the Obamas in Washington, D.C.
    I hope they find the asshole terrorist soon before they kill someone.

Updated - https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspicious...ry?id=58713254

Explosive devices and other suspicious packages sent to Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Congresswoman Maxine Waters, other prominent Democrats and CNN sparked police investigations stretching from New York to Washington, D.C., to Florida.

The spate of suspicious packages began with a pipe bomb found Monday in the home mailbox of billionaire George Soros, near where the Clintons live in Chappaqua, New York, multiple law enforcement officials told ABC News. By midday Wednesday, more suspicious devices had been found that were mailed to Democrats including former Attorney General Holder.

The FBI condemned what appeared to be an attempt to further particular political aims.

"The utilization of violence in order to further one's own political agenda is unacceptable to us, and we will not rest until we ... stop these hazardous devices from being mailed, and bring the individual or individuals to justice," FBI official Bryan Paarmann said at a press conference Wednesday in New York City.

The White House also weighed in against what it called despicable "terrorizing acts."

ABC has confirmed that suspected explosive devices or suspicious packages have been sent to:

-- A pipe bomb was found Monday afternoon in the mailbox of billionaire financier and philanthropist George Soros in Westchester County, New York.

-- A package addressed to Hillary Clinton containing an explosive device was intercepted Tuesday night by Secret Service at a screening facility before it reached her home, also in Westchester County, New York. Former President Bill Clinton was home at the time. The package was discovered and screened away from the residence, the source said.

-- A package with an explosive device that was addressed to former President Barack Obama at his Washington, D.C., home was intercepted Wednesday morning at a Secret Service mail-screening facility before it reached the home.

-- Also on Wednesday morning, a package containing an explosive and suspicious powder was found in the mail room of the Time Warner Center in Manhattan where CNN is located. It was addressed to John Brennan, former director of the CIA. New York City Police officers were present when the device was found.

-- A suspicious package addressed to Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters of California was intercepted by Capitol Hill police.

-- A suspicious package was also mailed to former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, but it remains unclear where the package was found.

The FBI, ATF agents, the New York Police Department and other law enforcement agencies are among those investigating the mailing of the devices around the country.

"We will not allow these terrorist thugs to change the way we live our lives," New York Gov. Cuomo said.

'It is a troubling time,' Hillary Clinton said

Hillary Clinton, speaking at a campaign event in Florida, said, "We are fine, thanks to the men and women of the Secret Service who intercepted the package addressed to us long before it reached our home."

"But it is a troubling time, isn't it?" Clinton said. "And it's a time of deep divisions and we have to do everything we can to bring our country together."

Security was tight around the event in Coral Gables where she spoke. People and cars were kept away from the perimeter of the building, and police had closed off surrounding streets.

The Clintons' daughter, Chelsea, tweeted Wednesday, "Every day, I am grateful to the women and men of the United States Secret Service. Thank you."

The device sent to see CNN appeared to be a "live explosive," New York Police Commissioner James O'Neill said.

The package containing the device sent to CNN also had in it a suspicious powder, said John Miller, NYPD deputy commissioner for intelligence and counterterrorism.

Police sources also told ABC News that the package found in the CNN building appeared to be a metal pipe with wires. Floors above and below the mail room of Time Warner Center were evacuated.

Former NYPD chief of detectives Robert Boyce, who is now an ABC News contributor, said police are on high alert.

"They're covering all the locations... They have the ability to do that. These are plans that we, the NYPD, goes through and does drills for," Boyce said. "Right now the big thing is rendering the devices safe."

The NYPD Intelligence, Counterterrorism and Bomb Squad teams told ABC News they were also increasing patrols at locations in New York City associated with the individuals who were purported targets of the other explosives -- George Soros, Bill and Hillary Clinton, and Obama -- and inspecting packages delivered to locations associated with those individuals.

New York police also said they are increasing patrols at the offices of other media.

'Abundance of caution'

CNN anchor Jim Sciutto was on air at the time of the evacuation, and the channel's news coverage was switched over to its offices in Washington D.C. Sciutto called in to the broadcast to say that he and hundreds of other CNN employees were standing outside, watching a "very fast-acting, quick response group" of NYPD officers responding to the scene.

CNN president Jeff Zucker sent a note to the company's New York employees, saying the evacuation was ordered "out of an abundance of caution."

"We are working with authorities to determine the severity of the situation," Zucker wrote, adding that they are checking all bureaus "around the world, out of a complete abundance of caution."

Responding agents from the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives were on the scene in Columbus Circle as part of the investigation into the suspicious package sent to CNN. The ATF agents are working alongside the NYPD and other investigators on the scene. The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is also involved in the investigation.

At least 1 package had fake return address

Sources told ABC News that at least one of the suspicious packages had the return address of Wasserman Schultz in Florida.

The Secret Service stressed that the two devices sent to Clinton or Obama did not reach them.

"The packages were immediately identified during routine mail screening procedures as potential explosive devices and were appropriately handled as such," the Secret Service said in a statement.

Trump condemns acts

President Trump has been briefed on the suspicious packages sent to the Clinton and Obama homes and the White House has now issued a statement forcefully condemning the "attempted violent attacks."

“We condemn the attempted violent attacks recently made against President Obama, President Clinton, Secretary Clinton, and other public figures," Sarah Sanders says in a statement. "These terrorizing acts are despicable, and anyone responsible will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.”

Vice President Mike Pence also condemned the "despicable" acts.

The president's son, Donald Trump Jr., condemned the incidents as well, drawing on his family's experience being the target of attempted attacks in the past.

"As someone whose family has directly been the victim of these mail threats I condemn whoever did this regardless of party or ideology. This crap has to stop and I hope they end up in jail for a long time," Donald Trump Jr. wrote on Twitter.

They got em - https://www.foxnews.com/us/suspect-a...t-to-democrats

Last edited by zenkai; 2018-10-26 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Updated as more was found

Well, what do you expect when the President calls for embraces political violence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    CNN was evacuated in New York as well. THE NYPD Bomb Squad is on site. It's almost like the rhetoric that we've been seeing from this administration is dangerous...
    Damn... thoughts and prayers for those stuck in traffic.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Soros as well? This sounds like the work of gay frogs.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Very curious, when they find the person, who they are. Either way, shits crazy.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, what do you expect when the President calls for embraces political violence?
    Hopefully a lot of QQ and no success or retaliation from morons.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, I love this article.

"Hey, someone sent these politicians a bomb in the mail, also, here's where they live"
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Hopefully a lot of QQ and no success or retaliation from morons.
    I expect more escalation in the coming days, and I also expect more explosives to be delivered.

Deleted
    CNN got one as well, building evac'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    we need to debate the bomb

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    CNN was evacuated in New York as well. THE NYPD Bomb Squad is on site. It's almost like the rhetoric that we've been seeing from this administration is dangerous...
    I've been too afraid to leave the house because of MS-13 and angry mobs of democrats.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

I'm sure there are many good people among the bomb makers.

The Reich Wing American Taliban on the move.
    ..they are also known as Republicans.

Now the GOP will defund the FBI and the Secret Service, God forbid they investigate right wing terrorism.

When Trolling goes too far.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

CNN staff are getting evacuated further away... So its probably something they need to detonate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    When Trolling goes too far.
    That would be swatting... this is hiding in the woods, fearing technology, level of crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Very curious, when they find the person, who they are. Either way, shits crazy.
    Right Wing Extremists, I'm calling it.

Oh and some on the right wing are seemingly already saying "They sent it themselves"

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I expect more escalation in the coming days, and I also expect more explosives to be delivered.
    I hope you are wrong... but, I have gotten a lot more cynical... god speed to pizza place workers in DC area.

Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    White House received a package as well. Kind of complicates your narrative. Did you all forget the “ricin” sent out a couple weeks ago?
    Not at all, what does Ricin being sent to the white house have anything to do with these cases?

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The sad thing is there are people who buy all of his bullshit. I saw a person talk about how worried they are that the caravan of illegals will move into her area of Minnesota and steal houses from people wintering in warmer climates.
    That caravan that is on the southern end of mexico - that traveling by foot is at least 2 months out? That makes up just a fraction of the illegal crossings that happen any given month? I am scared of them too. They might take the job I don't want to do.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I hope you are wrong... but, I have gotten a lot more cynical... god speed to pizza place workers in DC area.
    I'm afraid that he/she could be correct. This is an Escalation.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-10-24 at 02:40 PM.