Page 8 of 154 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
58
108
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Going to play a fortuneteller for today:

    This time nobody gets hurt, they will say "it's not a problem, nobody even got hurt".

    Next time, people get hurt, but no deaths, or death count within a small, controlled number, they will say "it's not a problem, nobody died, or nobody important did".

    And after that, lots of people get caught in a fatal incident with lots of deaths, they will say "it's not a problem, only undesirables died".

    Finally, people will be outright hauled off to prison, disappear, or die from mysterious causes, all in plain sight, they will say "it's not a problem, only our enemies died accidentally, or they broke the law so they deserved what was coming to them".

    In between each calculated step of escalation there will be a period of stabilization where nothing really big happens, and it's like a return to daily life. At least, comparatively.

    People will just adapt, or rather, be numb to gradual worsening state, or maybe they will keep telling themselves they will stand up and do something When The Next Big Thing Happens. And When The Next Big Thing Happens, they just procrastinate and tell themselves it's not big enough. Yeah, because it's never big enough to do anything substantial about. So used to tolerating, that when things sufficiently go south, the only thing people know how to do, is to continue to tolerate.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

    Prediction for the future

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

    Don't play it. Boycott their asses.
    no? it's not like this is RockStar we're talking about.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    no? it's not like this is RockStar we're talking about.
    Well, then enjoy hearing that creepy guy talk to you while you play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Honestly, I'm rather surprised they're not suggesting it was the mythical "Antifa" boogeyman trying to create a false-flag operation to inspire the "leftists" to vote out of anger in the midterms.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    ugh, knowing Woods is going to voice Hades in KHIII is the only part of that game I'm not looking forward to. granted he does the character really well but my fuck is he one of the biggest gaping assholes around.
    Try petitioning to Square Enix and Disney, they absolutely hate social deviants and non-family friendly employees.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

    Prediction for the future

  6. #146
    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/vie...d-restaurants/

    So Megan McCain, proving she's little like her father, is trying to compare some senior Republican politicians getting heckled in a restaurant to...over a half dozen bombs sent to Democrats and targets of Trump/conservative criticism.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/vie...d-restaurants/

    So Megan McCain, proving she's little like her father, is trying to compare some senior Republican politicians getting heckled in a restaurant to...over a half dozen bombs sent to Democrats and targets of Trump/conservative criticism.
    :/ Trying to "both sides" this one is just sad, democrats have been targeted by bombs due to obvious political reasons at this point. She could have at least tried to bring up the shooter of the what was it, baseball or something game a while back?

  8. #148
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    26,768
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Going to play a fortuneteller for today:

    This time nobody gets hurt, they will say "it's not a problem, nobody even got hurt".

    Next time, people get hurt, but no deaths, or death count within a small, controlled number, they will say "it's not a problem, nobody died, or nobody important did".

    And after that, lots of people get caught in a fatal incident with lots of deaths, they will say "it's not a problem, only undesirables died".

    Finally, people will be outright hauled off to prison, disappear, or die from mysterious causes, all in plain sight, they will say "it's not a problem, only our enemies died accidentally, or they broke the law so they deserved what was coming to them".

    In between each calculated step of escalation there will be a period of stabilization where nothing really big happens, and it's like a return to daily life. At least, comparatively.

    People will just adapt, or rather, be numb to gradual worsening state, or maybe they will keep telling themselves they will stand up and do something When The Next Big Thing Happens. And When The Next Big Thing Happens, they just procrastinate and tell themselves it's not big enough. Yeah, because it's never big enough to do anything substantial about. So used to tolerating, that when things sufficiently go south, the only thing people know how to do, is to continue to tolerate.
    And that's what you meant earlier with your analogy to the Holocaust. Fucking hell.

    (I'm agreeing with you btw, just terrified)
    No one is above the law!

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I hope they find the asshole terrorist soon before they kill someone.
    I had to take you off of ignore just so I can see this thread.

    To that end, you do not get to backtrack this as you created this problem. We've warned you about Dump constantly issuing threats of violence and hatred in his rallies, and yet you not only ignored those - but you, and people like you, embraced them as some "defense" against the mythical "antifa" BS you spread.

    No, Terrorist enabler Zenkai, you do not get to walk away from this. This shit is on YOUR head. You, and people like you on these forums, enabled this shit to happen. This is on you.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I just went to James Woods' Twitter account. He is now calling it a "false flag" stunt, and is calling the Democrats a mob, just like Trump does.
    https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/s...51781779521537

    Then you see all the fucking crazies that follow him agreeing with him, saying the same thing that he is, the same thing Alex Jones says, and the same things Trump says.

  11. #151
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    26,768
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Honestly, I'm rather surprised they're not suggesting it was the mythical "Antifa" boogeyman trying to create a false-flag operation to inspire the "leftists" to vote out of anger in the midterms.
    The day is still young.
    No one is above the law!

  12. #152
    Capital Hill Mail room now received one that was addressed to Maxine Waters.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You should read some of the comments on that article.

  14. #154
    What we should not be doing is saying that if a fellow American disagrees with us politically, they are complicit in these attempted bombings. That is a dark and dangerous road toward utterly villifying our fellow Americans. Anybody cheering this on or endorsing this kind of terrorism deserves condemnation in the strongest possible terms.

    It's creating a world where the only way not to have any "complicity" is to simply divorce yourself from politics completely, and don't vote. Whatever party you vote for, the logic seems to go, you sign your name to every horrifying act of terrorism committed under the banner of that party. It's horrifying logic and throws gasoline on the fire.

    It's past time we recognized that simply being Democrat or Republican, pro-Trump or anti-Trump, does not make you automatically a bad person. We're forgetting the humanity and decency of our fellow Americans because we're frustrated and angry, and it's a mistake.

  15. #155
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    26,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I just went to James Woods' Twitter account. He is now calling it a "false flag" stunt, and is calling the Democrats a mob, just like Trump does.
    https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/s...51781779521537

    Then you see all the fucking crazies that follow him agreeing with him, saying the same thing that he is, the same thing Alex Jones says, and the same things Trump says.
    And this is how the Road to Perdition starts. Terrorist violence hand-waived away. I have said before that we are just one nuclear bomb away from The Handmaid's Tale. It sure seems like that is only getting worse.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Capital Hill Mail room now received one that was addressed to Maxine Waters.
    Fucking hell. Have they opened them yet?
    No one is above the law!

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    I abhor tribalism.
    **Stares at your avatar**
    **Stares at your namesake**

    ...protip - never play Poker.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    What we should not be doing is saying that if a fellow American disagrees with us politically, they are complicit in these attempted bombings. That is a dark and dangerous road toward utterly villifying our fellow Americans. Anybody cheering this on or endorsing this kind of terrorism deserves condemnation in the strongest possible terms.

    It's creating a world where the only way not to have any "complicity" is to simply divorce yourself from politics completely, and don't vote. Whatever party you vote for, the logic seems to go, you sign your name to every horrifying act of terrorism committed under the banner of that party. It's horrifying logic and throws gasoline on the fire.

    It's past time we recognized that simply being Democrat or Republican, pro-Trump or anti-Trump, does not make you automatically a bad person. We're forgetting the humanity and decency of our fellow Americans because we're frustrated and angry, and it's a mistake.
    Your hollow virtue signaling is again noted, and completely disregarded when the things you claim actually started with Trumpism.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    What we should not be doing is saying that if a fellow American disagrees with us politically, they are complicit in these attempted bombings. That is a dark and dangerous road toward utterly villifying our fellow Americans. Anybody cheering this on or endorsing this kind of terrorism deserves condemnation in the strongest possible terms.

    It's creating a world where the only way not to have any "complicity" is to simply divorce yourself from politics completely, and don't vote. Whatever party you vote for, the logic seems to go, you sign your name to every horrifying act of terrorism committed under the banner of that party. It's horrifying logic and throws gasoline on the fire.

    It's past time we recognized that simply being Democrat or Republican, pro-Trump or anti-Trump, does not make you automatically a bad person. We're forgetting the humanity and decency of our fellow Americans because we're frustrated and angry, and it's a mistake.
    Why not? Trump pushed violent and vitriolic rhetoric for years, and you supported him through it all. Not only that, you spend thousands of posts defending him, and even using an alt account to shill for the guy. You knew what he was doing, you were offered the information, and you flat out said you didn't care, and were going to support him anyways.

    You signed your name to Trump, and are showing you will do it again. Once again, you can try to ignore all the bad that surrounds him, but don't expect others to be so willfully ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Capital Hill Mail room now received one that was addressed to Maxine Waters.
    Good Christ on a Cross - how many of these are out there!?

    I'm wondering if Beto, Cortez, Bernie and Warren got some as well! >_<

  20. #160
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    26,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    You should read some of the comments on that article.
    I was afraid too, and rightly so. Fucking hell.
    No one is above the law!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •