Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Kul Tiran Shamans

    Hello Guys,

    So with the confirmations at BlizzCon that Kul Tirans can be shamans. What do you think that their totems should look like?

    We already saw some totems that could be used as player totem model in Stormsong Valley, but those would look good only for restoration shamans which are close to Tidesages. However Elemental and Enhancement shaman have more Drust wibe, at least for me. Sothey could have wicker totems and possible some kind of glyph to make Spirit Wolfs and elementals look like some Wicker beasts.

    So what do you think? Would you like to have Kul Tiran totems more like Tidesage or Wicker themed?

    Sorry for english, i am not a native speaker.

  2. #2
    they will almost certainly be anchors

  3. #3
    Almost certainly going to be something to this effect.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...l_tiran_totem/
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2018-11-06 at 12:55 AM.

  4. #4
    I think the totems will be invisible since there won't be anyone rerolling shamans lol. That one pic looks sweet almost makes you want to roll alliance.

  5. #5
    Deleted
    Kul'tiran shamans, zandalari paladins. I'm quite happy. Mostly because of zandalari prelates / paladins. But Kul'tiran shamans are actually pretty cool too.

  6. #6
    I wish there would be a bit of steampunk mixed into it.

    Gonna transmog my shaman with his coat and a lot of engineering stuff so it looks like his lightning comes from his devices.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorbus View Post
    Kul'tiran shamans, zandalari paladins. I'm quite happy. Mostly because of zandalari prelates / paladins. But Kul'tiran shamans are actually pretty cool too.
    Yea because it makes sence...
    Holy warrior.. the order founded by Uther The Lightbrigner
    ..... and troll from jungle.
    He just put away his book how to cook humanoids and bring justice!
    I am not just sure what is better, Tauren paladin or Troll paladin? Next time i vote for murlocks.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargoron View Post
    Yea because it makes sence...
    Holy warrior.. the order founded by Uther The Lightbrigner
    ..... and troll from jungle.
    He just put away his book how to cook humanoids and bring justice!
    I am not just sure what is better, Tauren paladin or Troll paladin? Next time i vote for murlocks.
    Actually Goblins are next. They "stole" the light and are now using it for their own greedy purposes!!!!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargoron View Post
    Yea because it makes sence...
    Holy warrior.. the order founded by Uther The Lightbrigner
    ..... and troll from jungle.
    He just put away his book how to cook humanoids and bring justice!
    I am not just sure what is better, Tauren paladin or Troll paladin? Next time i vote for murlocks.
    tauren and zandalari paladins are paladins only for gameplay reasons, tauren and zandalari paladins =/= alliance paladins,

    just like there are LFD shadow priests and void elf holy priests
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-11-13 at 12:47 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    Actually Goblins are next. They "stole" the light and are now using it for their own greedy purposes!!!!
    Good one

    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    tauren and zandalari paladins are paladins only for gameplay reasons, tauren and zandalari paladins =/= alliance paladins,

    just like there are LFD shadow priests and void elf holy priests
    Yea Void holy priest is like undead holy priest...
    I am just not fan of this weird combination...

  11. #11
    Kultiras look badass with the vrykul vibe, so shamans will be hell cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Nargoron View Post
    Yea because it makes sence...
    Holy warrior.. the order founded by Uther The Lightbrigner
    .
    who is saying they joined the orded founded by uther? holy warrior is not a trademark and everyone can be

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailson Mendes View Post
    Kultiras look badass with the vrykul vibe, so shamans will be hell cool

    who is saying they joined the orded founded by uther? holy warrior is not a trademark and everyone can be
    You can fallow the light. But if you are paladin - at least how its introduced in Warcraft books are knights and clerics joining the order to became warriors of light against evil (horde under influence of fel, scourge...).

    In game due to balance problems and to let player play whatever combination they want... made paladin just general name for everything using light.

    So for me are Uther or Tirion paladins... not a holy cow or holy trolls. Calling them paladins are misleading and unfortunate AND against the definition given by books.

    But there is similar issue with Shamanism.

  13. #13
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    21,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargoron View Post
    Yea because it makes sence...
    Holy warrior.. the order founded by Uther The Lightbrigner
    ..... and troll from jungle.
    He just put away his book how to cook humanoids and bring justice!
    I am not just sure what is better, Tauren paladin or Troll paladin? Next time i vote for murlocks.
    Oh jeesh, where to start?

    First of all, the Order of the Silver Hand (a single order of holy warriors, not the first or the only) was founded by Alonsus Faol and Uther, not just Uther.

    Second of all, there are plenty of other holy monastic orders on Azeroth (anything else would be absurd) and one such is the order of the Prelates. Which is, quite likely, a lot older than that of the Silver Hand, same goes for the Council of Exarchs.

    So far the only two orders younger than the Silver Hand is that of the Blood Knights (where some of them were, indeed, former Silver Hand members) and the Sunwalkers - which may or may not be older than we are told, but there isn't a lot of lore regarding that particular order - sadly.

    So put down your "hurrdurr"-filled crackpipe, and actually read up instead okay?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nargoron View Post
    You can fallow the light. But if you are paladin - at least how its introduced in Warcraft books are knights and clerics joining the order to became warriors of light against evil (horde under influence of fel, scourge...).

    In game due to balance problems and to let player play whatever combination they want... made paladin just general name for everything using light.

    So for me are Uther or Tirion paladins... not a holy cow or holy trolls. Calling them paladins are misleading and unfortunate AND against the definition given by books.

    But there is similar issue with Shamanism.
    Again, that is only the Order of the Silver Hand. Not the Prelates, not the Sunwalkers, not the Exarchs.... Just the Silver Hand. And while they were, indeed, the original paladin order of WoW, that changed over 10 years ago when they introduced the Draenei Exarchs, an older thousands of years older than the Silver Hand. So move on, this isn't 2004 anymore. Even the "books" which you talk about have been updated and new ones have been written since then.

    Infracted - Keep things civil. No need to insult.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2018-11-14 at 07:10 PM.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    First of all, the Order of the Silver Hand (a single order of holy warriors, not the first or the only) was founded by Alonsus Faol and Uther, not just Uther.
    Yea, that is correct... Uther was the leader, but order was founded by Faol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Second of all, there are plenty of other holy monastic orders on Azeroth (anything else would be absurd) and one such is the order of the Prelates. Which is, quite likely, a lot older than that of the Silver Hand, same goes for the Council of Exarchs.
    So far the only two orders younger than the Silver Hand is that of the Blood Knights (where some of them were, indeed, former Silver Hand members) and the Sunwalkers - which may or may not be older than we are told, but there isn't a lot of lore regarding that particular order - sadly.
    And that is absolutly fine, just don't call them paladins. It means something different. Don't call everything using light paladin. The reason to call them paladin is just bending lore to fit ingame classes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So put down your "hurrdurr"-filled crackpipe, and actually read up instead okay?
    Don't be internet hero... just don't. Thanks to this sentence your post lost seriousness.


    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Again, that is only the Order of the Silver Hand. Not the Prelates, not the Sunwalkers, not the Exarchs.... Just the Silver Hand. And while they were, indeed, the original paladin order of WoW, that changed over 10 years ago when they introduced the Draenei Exarchs, an older thousands of years older than the Silver Hand. So move on, this isn't 2004 anymore. Even the "books" which you talk about have been updated and new ones have been written since then.
    That's your point of view. For me lore is bent crudely... and caused this super weird combination. Its breaking the original idea, not extended it.
    At the end, back to the topic, Kul tiras human shaman is bad, bad idea. Troll paladin is super bad idea. It don't fit to this race as they were subscribed and introduced.

  15. #15
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    21,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargoron View Post
    Yea, that is correct... Uther was the leader, but order was founded by Faol.

    And that is absolutly fine, just don't call them paladins. It means something different. Don't call everything using light paladin. The reason to call them paladin is just bending lore to fit ingame classes.


    Don't be internet hero... just don't. Thanks to this sentence your post lost seriousness.




    That's your point of view. For me lore is bent crudely... and caused this super weird combination. Its breaking the original idea, not extended it.
    At the end, back to the topic, Kul tiras human shaman is bad, bad idea. Troll paladin is super bad idea. It don't fit to this race as they were subscribed and introduced.
    There is no "point of view" here, it's all a matter of what Blizzard says and does. It's their franchise, not yours. You aren't right, they are - it's that simple. And it's not "troll paladin, it's "zandalari paladin". Ever since the Zandalari were *properly* introduced (patch 5.2) they were shown as having paladins in their ranks. Get with the times, it's not 2004.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  16. #16
    Why are we arguing about paladins here instead of on the paladin forum where there's a thread for zandalari paladins?

    For Kul Tirans, when they come out I may level one as a shaman. I like the tide sage lore, and they seem to basically be water focused shamans.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There is no "point of view" here, it's all a matter of what Blizzard says and does. It's their franchise, not yours. You aren't right, they are - it's that simple. And it's not "troll paladin, it's "zandalari paladin". Ever since the Zandalari were *properly* introduced (patch 5.2) they were shown as having paladins in their ranks. Get with the times, it's not 2004.
    Ehm, so you can't say : I dont like this book. - Because its not yours? that is ...interesting argument.

    And zandalari are trolls, so if zandalari have paladins, they are trolls... troll paladin is just ridiculous. Whatever year is.
    I would like to see witch doctor voodoo class suitable for trolls rather then this.
    But if you like it. Good for you! You are happy consumer

    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Why are we arguing about paladins here instead of on the paladin forum where there's a thread for zandalari paladins?

    For Kul Tirans, when they come out I may level one as a shaman. I like the tide sage lore, and they seem to basically be water focused shamans.
    Correct, sorry for offtopic.
    But Kul Tiras shamans are weird as well. Shamanism doesn't suit human race in the same way as druidism.

  18. #18
    We've seen enough from the Kul Tirans with the tidesages who even have their own version of totems with the anchors to get enough of a connection for Shaman I feel. That said we've only really seen them connecting to the element of water but it's not a stretch to reach out to the other elements in a similar way. In my personal head cannon - most Kul Tiran tidesages are just really water focused shaman. Resto specc'd shaman will feel like the most natural version to me.

    And we saw enough from the Zandalari with their Prelates and Rezan to connect them to paladins. All of the different races have their own spin on the paladin orders anyway so this feels pretty much the same to me.

  19. #19
    I don't really see kul'tiras shamans as any weirder than kul'tiras druids.

    Now, if their brand of shamanism was exactly the same as orc shamanism, sure. But with the link to the sea, and them being an island nation with a heavy focus on its navy and trade ships etc, I think the tide sages as water/wind focused shamans fits. If anything it fits more naturally then the thornspeaker druids, but I have no issue with them either.

  20. #20
    Why are are people trolling zandalari paladins in a thread about Kul Tiran shaman? Seriously, get over it. But if you can't, then at least take it to a relevant thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •