7+ Year Old Account

MM roleplay pet question

So I've come to depend on canine companions and like wolves because of the Lone "Wolf" passive but I'm curious to know which pet fits Marksmanship lore the most - wolves, dogs or birds?

Also Mag'har Orcs are more dependent on canines, raptors or birds in lore?

Depends a bit on your RP perspective for MM hunter. There are several ways you can RP as MM hunter.
    I personally see MM hunter as this lone ranger/hunter that uses accurate powerful shots to snipe targets.

I'm not a huge fan of dogs myself for RP. Besides feeling there are no real good models for dogs, I also feel they are a bit too urban and I prefer the more wildlife alternative in wolves myself.
    When I think wolves, such as the mastiffs currently in game, I think they're more something you'd want to RP a foxhunter or a victorian style hunter with or something. But to me that seems to fit the BM lore a bit more.

I think wolves fit every spec in one way or another.
    There is always some twist you can give on it. For MM specifically they would be a nice RP fit simply as a companion and someone that has your back on close quarter fights; alternatively they could "herd" prey into your line of fire.

My shared favorite (together with wolves) for the more RP twist on MM is birds; and then specifically falcons. There are some awesome new falcon (and hawk) models in BfA and they make for an excellent RP companion for MM hunters. You could RP them acting as spotters; your eyes in the sky.
    In this case they wouldn't be your combat companion as much as they are a utility companion.

Probably not birds. I think lore wise Mag'har, and orcs in general, prefer prideful/powerful companions.
    Wolves / Big Cats / Bears ; perhaps also Raptors but I'm not sure they are native to Mag'har orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    So I've come to depend on canine companions and like wolves because of the Lone "Wolf" passive but I'm curious to know which pet fits Marksmanship lore the most - wolves, dogs or birds?

mag'har are strongly ascociated with wolves above all other animals, they tame them, they breed them, they even ride them

as for MM dog is the obvious hunting companion (which could be extended to wolf), falcons could also make sense as well, after that it's all high fantasy

other than that it's all about how you imagine your hunter and i suppose your race, for example a bear is a much better fit for a dwarf than a nightborne

7+ Year Old Account
    Make sense, thanks guys.

I really associated my Mag'har with wolves but I was curious if there was a go to for MM in the games lore. I also am atracted to birds especially after checking out the Trueshot Lodge and seeing all those eacgles and that one spirit. Neat stuff.

Good tips on here. Wolves seem the best option.

I do not really understand the question here. You can RP with ANY pet as MM. There is no pet family tide to the lore of MM and it never had.

I'm a Tauren Hunter and I personally I use the pet I'm mostly emotionally attached to f.e. my ZG bat which I tamed back in vanilla during our raiding runs in ZG 20, and I had many adventures with. For me it was my journey inside the game that brought me to my favorite pet/pets not a predefined notion of a concept. Even though I will admit that when I race changed for a brief time as a UD I could not imagine myself not using rotting/undead/creepy pets over living ones. So it is a combination of both in the end.

The Hunter is a class with a lore that fits many options between pets and specs, play whatever fits your personal aesthetic the best.
    Last edited by Johny-Blade; 2018-11-06 at 09:27 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Races have their preferred pet. I wanted to know what are Mag'har's and what specifically do MM hunters generally like as their pet since throughout the years I've always seen MM favor birds.

You're right that you may choose any but I wanted to use a bird with my Mag'har orc but I find wolves to fit them almost perfectly so I stayed with wolves and regret nothing. I was hoping someone could say they know of many Mag'har in lore that use birds. I basically want to represent the race as true as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    Races have their preferred pet. I wanted to know what are Mag'har's and what specifically do MM hunters generally like as their pet since throughout the years I've always seen MM favor birds.

You're right that you may choose any but I wanted to use a bird with my Mag'har orc but I find wolves to fit them almost perfectly so I stayed with wolves and regret nothing. I was hoping someone could say they know of many Mag'har in lore that use birds. I basically want to represent the race as true as possible.
    If you want a bird, maybe a khaliri from draenor would fit? I'm not particularly found of them, but they fit mag'har orcs well. A pity we can't tame dread ravens, they are very awesome.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    If you want a bird, maybe a khaliri from draenor would fit? I'm not particularly found of them, but they fit mag'har orcs well. A pity we can't tame dread ravens, they are very awesome.
    You know what those Kaliri look pretty cool lol and having a matching pet always helps. Dread ravens would be badass at least we have terorclaws that kinda sorta resembles them.

This is what my Maghar Orc is looking with his wolf

Last edited by RsinRC; 2018-11-09 at 02:29 PM.

My MM pet is Fenryr, I like to think he still has the arrows I craved on him from when I tamed him.

They will be buffed in the next patch from what im hearing.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Wolves are the best. When I first created my account I got myself wolf