Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    The Lightbringer Xlightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,747
    Well I watch Riverdale and Legacies. The 100 I couldn't finish last season, it's always the fucking same. "Oh no we are gonna die. No we are not!" Oh no, we are the last on Earth. No we are not!" It's just boring.

  2. #42
    The Insane Boomzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    16,733
    I stopped watching Arrow after the third season and have never looked back. I don't even know why I watched it for so long. All of those shows (Besides supernatural, I've been told from a million people it's great) are horrible. Once I watched Daredevil and The Punisher and Jessica Jones I realized just how shit the CW shows are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    We are in this thread with Elba, therefore we are all Elba.

  3. #43
    I feel slightly embarrassed I even watched any of them

    except for supernatural. That show had a kick ass 5 season arc.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I stopped watching Arrow after the third season and have never looked back. I don't even know why I watched it for so long. All of those shows (Besides supernatural, I've been told from a million people it's great) are horrible. Once I watched Daredevil and The Punisher and Jessica Jones I realized just how shit the CW shows are.
    Well, With the CW shows, I guarantee that it was parents and wussie children that cause Arrow to go that stupid ass I wont kill anymore route. You can see just how much the Censor and SJW police influenced the rest as they came out.

    Arrow, Dark, gritty, lots of death.
    Flash, Semi dark, serious, a bit o death.
    Legends of Tomorrow, Light humor, comedic tone, one or 2 deaths.
    Supergirl..................................... yeah..................

    On the other hand with Netflix, they are not as beholden as a Network channel like CW. They have more liberty to be adult in nature. That is what makes them somewhat good. They can show the dark natures of the characters.

    But as with all things interwebz, that is just my opinion. I still watch them because they are funny and still a bit serious depending on the show.

  5. #45
    I really tried to watch the CW shows, but I was kind of spoiled by Daredevil...

    I hope the new Batgirl is going to be better, that might be my crush on Ruby Rose talking though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  6. #46
    To me it all goes back to Arrow.

  7. #47
    I am actually starting to lose interest in these shows now.

    I mean each season they have some asinine reason to bring back an Actor(tress) into the Season.

    With Flash it is Wells.
    With Arrow take your pick but Laurel is the fan favorite
    With Legends it is Amaya. (This I believe is more of a gotta have a black actor(tress) in the main cast.)
    I dont think I have seen it happen in Supergirl just yet where a character dies only to have the actor(tress) back in a different role.

    I mean come on, this is getting rather old now.

    As far as each show goes in terms of story, I am liking the Arrow vs Dragon thing. It is getting rather long in the story, but I like that the big bad has so my tricks up his sleeve that he can keep coming back. That was my Fave thing with Damien Dhark.

  8. #48
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I really tried to watch the CW shows, but I was kind of spoiled by Daredevil...

    I hope the new Batgirl is going to be better, that might be my crush on Ruby Rose talking though.
    I was the opposite. I've watched all the Netflix Marvel shows and all the CW superhero shows and just can't keep watching the Marvel series. It's just too preachy and artsy all the time. Superheroes should at some point enjoy what they're doing and not be in constant suffering all the time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Well, With the CW shows, I guarantee that it was parents and wussie children that cause Arrow to go that stupid ass I wont kill anymore route. You can see just how much the Censor and SJW police influenced the rest as they came out.
    That's a pretty dumb point. Do you think he keeps killing in the comics? Even when he's a member of the Justice League?
    Flash and Supergirl were also never killers so I really don't get why this is an issue.

  9. #49
    The issue with Arrow not killing...much, was about him going from vigilante to hero. And it made sense to me. He went from go-it-aloner to group effort and wanted to be better for everyone's sake, and to be the example for others.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The issue with Arrow not killing...much, was about him going from vigilante to hero. And it made sense to me. He went from go-it-aloner to group effort and wanted to be better for everyone's sake, and to be the example for others.
    The issue was that Arrow plunked arrows into every random thug along the way, leaving people on the ground all along. Then he gets to the big bad guy who has massacred people for 22 episodes and goes "oh, no, I cannot killlll!".

    It's like that batman spoof "they're just sleeping".
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

  11. #51
    I just had to say I enjoyed that 5th season of the 100.
    (I don't stream I buy the dvds...)

  12. #52
    Since this is related to ALL the Arroverse shows I will put here rather than all the threads.

    I watched the latest shows Supergirl, Legends, Arrow and Flash(Watching Black Lightning now)

    So with SG, Arrow and Flash, they show the same Earth 90 and in Legends they show something completely different in terms of closing scenes. Constantine goes back in time reverses his killing of his lover and the whole timeline goes SPLOSIONS So I am curious and looking for some other input. How can these two incidents be related and is the Elseworlds event going to be a Earth-90 only thing or is it coming to Earth with Earth 2 SG coming over?

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Since this is related to ALL the Arroverse shows I will put here rather than all the threads.

    I watched the latest shows Supergirl, Legends, Arrow and Flash(Watching Black Lightning now)

    So with SG, Arrow and Flash, they show the same Earth 90 and in Legends they show something completely different in terms of closing scenes. Constantine goes back in time reverses his killing of his lover and the whole timeline goes SPLOSIONS So I am curious and looking for some other input. How can these two incidents be related and is the Elseworlds event going to be a Earth-90 only thing or is it coming to Earth with Earth 2 SG coming over?
    Legends are not involved in the crossover this year so the scenes are unrelated.

    That is still Earth 38 Supergirl but somehow her world has been effected as well.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  14. #54
    I watched the first two seasons of Flash, but after that it was just too much. It got so repetative it was unwatchable. There is only so much stupid shit I can take from Barry.

  15. #55
    Scarab Lord gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,077
    Anymore? Did people actually watch shows on the CW ever? I have Arrow, Riverdale, and The 100 on my watch list but have only been able to watch like 8 episodes of The 100 and 4 or 5 of Riverdale. Don't get me wrong they are good shows and with Arrow only reason I want to watch it is because I think Stephen Amell is freakin gorgeous (and a huge supporter of the LGBT community) but I just haven't sat down to watch it yet.

  16. #56
    My wife still watches them, however I have a hard time getting into them. Maybe I find the dialogue too predictable and everything has a veneer of overacting, although some do well enough while others should try their hand in soap operas. The end result is that some characters feel authentic, but the majority do not. Also, like other network shows, they can be littered with preachy tidbits and social commentary that just ruin the experience for me, especially when the writers can't find some clever way to insert such topics versus smacking everyone in the face with it. Beyond that, some of the plot directions are borderline absurd, even for scifi/superhero shows.

    If you enjoy them, good for you, not taking that away from anyone. I just can't get into these types of shows put out by the networks anymore.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  17. #57
    Deleted
    I stopped watching Arrow after a few seasons because well it's just rubbish.

    Felicity: "Oliver there's a robbery in progress"
    Oliver: "Damn can you ask them to wait? I'm having dinner atm, need to call a cab, get dressed up, apply my makeup and drive on over. Be there in an hour, ok?"
    Felicity: "Sure thing!"
    Oliver: "Thanks guys for waiting, YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!"

    Season 1:
    Oliver: "Oh I learnt this special ability on THE ISLAND, I can use that to beat the bad guy"

    Season 2:
    Oliver: "Oh I learnt this special ability on THE ISLAND, I can use that to beat the bad guy"
    Me: "Why didn't you use this in Season 1??????"

    Season 3:
    Oliver: "Oh I learnt this special ability on THE ISLAND, I can use that to beat the bad guy"
    Me: "Why didn't you use this in Seasons 1 & 2??????"

    It's just pure garbage

  18. #58
    I would if i could watch CW in Denmark. It sucks having to wait ages before i can watch Supernatural.

  19. #59
    Holy Priest Saphyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlight Temple
    Posts
    3,249
    what is CW shows?
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

  20. #60
    I tried to get through the first couple of seasons of Arrow, but honestly, the CW shows are just...ugh.
    No ideology has been more murderous or detrimental to human dignity than Communism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •