Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I used to watch the Arrowvers stuff and Supernatural. Only going to keep watching Legends as Constantine is joining up but the rest are pretty poor imho. Oh boo hoo i am a superhero! Woe is me! Typical DC stuff sadly. Still like Supernatural.

I can agree with all of you that the CW shows are just................... WTF did I just watch, but that is for me at least is what appeals me to them. I get enough serious life and bullshit from my own life that I watch these shows just for the stupid factor. I mean.... really......... you cannot watch these shows with ANY sense of belief, reality, common sense or anything remotely real life other wise you are just gonna want to grab Black Siren and have her whisper sweet death in your ear.

But again for me that is what appeals me to them. Though over the last few years, politic and social agenda have PROGRESSIVELY been written into the shows to be the MAIN story and not just part of the story and it is reallly starting to drive me away. Black Lightning and Supergirl I am looking DIRECTLY at you. The other shows do have their own politic and social agendas, but I just dont feel them as strongly as I do in these two.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I can agree with all of you that the CW shows are just................... WTF did I just watch, but that is for me at least is what appeals me to them. I get enough serious life and bullshit from my own life that I watch these shows just for the stupid factor. I mean.... really......... you cannot watch these shows with ANY sense of belief, reality, common sense or anything remotely real life other wise you are just gonna want to grab Black Siren and have her whisper sweet death in your ear.

But again for me that is what appeals me to them. Though over the last few years, politic and social agenda have PROGRESSIVELY been written into the shows to be the MAIN story and not just part of the story and it is reallly starting to drive me away. Black Lightning and Supergirl I am looking DIRECTLY at you. The other shows do have their own politic and social agendas, but I just dont feel them as strongly as I do in these two.
    I used to watch every episode of Arrow, Flash, Legends and Supergirl... I stopped watching Supergirl because of the incessent social agenda... Legends has been jerked around on the schedule and when it was on... so I gave up there... and Arrow and Flash both jumped the shark badly... havent' watched anything from those 4 in nearly 2 years.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I used to watch every episode of Arrow, Flash, Legends and Supergirl... I stopped watching Supergirl because of the incessent social agenda... Legends has been jerked around on the schedule and when it was on... so I gave up there... and Arrow and Flash both jumped the shark badly... havent' watched anything from those 4 in nearly 2 years.
    Legends jumped the shark and kept going,it is gloriously absurd now.

I watched 5 seasons of Arrow and 3 of Flash, but for now they are on hold/dropped .. there is a small chance I might catch up at some point

Supergirl quickly became trash

I didnt start BL

I wont touch Batwoman

I am 1+ season behind Legends, but I will catch up since everyone said its great cheesy fun

I am 1+ season behind Supernatural and I should drop it .. but I cant .. I will catch up if it kills me .. Sam and Dean, we have been together since 2005 <3

I have also watched 10 seasons of Smallville and I dont regret it at all

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    I watched 5 seasons of Arrow and 3 of Flash, but for now they are on hold/dropped .. there is a small chance I might catch up at some point

Supergirl quickly became trash

I didnt start BL

I wont touch Batwoman

I am 1+ season behind Legends, but I will catch up since everyone said its great cheesy fun

I am 1+ season behind Supernatural and I should drop it .. but I cant .. I will catch up if it kills me .. Sam and Dean, we have been together since 2005 <3

I have also watched 10 seasons of Smallville and I dont regret it at all
    I can't put down Supernatural either. Part of me is like...wtf am I doing. I just can't quit you Squirrel and Moose

I'm a season behind on Arrow.
    And I thought the 100 was going...but that last season grabbed me by the nuts and made me squee...

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Legends does its best to revel in its own absurdity.

Last Legends I remember was Rip came back... and lets be fair... all that jumping around in time is pretty shark jumpy from the beginning.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I started Arrow and Flash the first 2 seasons of Both were good same with Legends. Now I can't get into them. Now the 100 on the other hand I watch that every time the new season comes out on Netflix, same with Supernatural.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I used to watch the Arrowvers stuff and Supernatural. Only going to keep watching Legends as Constantine is joining up but the rest are pretty poor imho. Oh boo hoo i am a superhero! Woe is me! Typical DC stuff sadly. Still like Supernatural.
    So Constantine is joining in new season?

Watched Supergirl when it was on CBS, but not since the switch. I was keeping up with Supernatural but fell behind in like 2015. Binged the 100 and caught up to the current season, but I have a serious love/hate relationship with that one. I've wanted to watch Arrow and the Flash, but there are just too many shows in general to try and catch
    Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

i watch them, i just wish they would lay off the sjw stuff. CW writer "Something's missing...oh i know lets add a transgender, gay, handicap superhero." We get it, the characters gay or whatever, why are you making a big deal about it? I remember watching the first season of supergirl and nearly every episode was "you don't think I can do it cuz im a woman? blah,blah, blah"
    Last edited by psiko74; 2018-12-06 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I really tried to watch the CW shows, but I was kind of spoiled by Daredevil...

I hope the new Batgirl is going to be better, that might be my crush on Ruby Rose talking though.
    I liked the first season of Daredevil, but they got way too proud of their ability to make "realistic" fight scenes. When I realized I was unconsciously fast forwarding every time a long single shot fight scene was happening I stopped watching the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Last Legends I remember was Rip came back... and lets be fair... all that jumping around in time is pretty shark jumpy from the beginning.
    Off-topic from CW but if you want a series that does time travel well watch 12 monkeys.

Here's how Legends explains everything: they put the word "time" in front of things. How does that work? "Oh, it's a time ship." What was that? "A time quake." What's your job? "I'm a time detective." "Watch out for the time pirates!" "Oh no, a time storm!" "Watch out for time criminals!" "Thank god we have Time Masters!" "Let's check in with the time bureau".

And now I've ruined the series for you. You're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    Off-topic from CW but if you want a series that does time travel well watch 12 monkeys.
    Series was done fairly well... but they kinda lost it before the end of the next to last season... I was pleased with the series for the most part. the movie was better than the series though.

CW is mostly over dramatic trash with annoying love triangles that demolish any potential story. Makes me mad Arrow was good for like 2 seasons then it goes full cringe mode.

The 100 was surprisingly good I can't believe it's even on the network but I haven't watched anything after they were forced to leave earth to survive primfiya or w/e. Has its ups and downs ofc, you can see the teen drama bleed in here and there but mostly it is solid.

Supernatural will always be a fav , the characters are great.

I wish more shows would focus on story development instead of stupid fucking relationships no 1 gives a damn about. I can only handle a certain amount of sap.

I tried the flash but I just can't lol
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2018-12-06 at 07:59 PM.
    The greatest ever thread on MMO-Champion

I work a lot, fuck my life.

Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I watched the first season of Arrow and the Flash but not since then.

Supernatural had a very, very strong start, with the planned 4-5 season arc (it went downhill after). The Arrowverse is just ... bad, i'd say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    CW is mostly over dramatic trash with annoying love triangles that demolish any potential story. Makes me mad Arrow was good for like 2 seasons then it goes full cringe mode.

The 100 was surprisingly good I can't believe it's even on the network but I haven't watched anything after they were forced to leave earth to survive primfiya or w/e. Has its ups and downs ofc, you can see the teen drama bleed in here and there but mostly it is solid.
    I started watching The 100 with my brother because he had seen it and asked me if I wanted to rewatch with him.

Watched four of them, and the first two deaths made it clear it was just playing for teen drama and shock value (fittingly my brother was 17 and as far as I know didn't watch any other shows). It tried to pull a Rogue One where I'm supposed to care for characters dying when they've had 30 minutes of screen time and 0 character development. I actually hate it more than the cliché 'good-guys-win-the-day' stories.

As for Arrow, four episodes as well and I tapped out.
    Flash, one episode had me 'yeah, right'.
    Superheroes is the cheesy stuff I like when they're story driven cartoons like the DC Animated Universe. Make it live action teen drama and you've lost me.