Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Are people not watching CW shows anymore?

So I've noticed recently, that there has been virtually no talk in any of the threads about CW shows. Nobody is talking about Flash which is on its 4th week, nor Arrow, Supernatural, Legends, etc. Last season there was tons of talk nearly every day but nobody is posting anymore. Did everyone just give up on all these shows or something?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Well it seems anyone discussing them on here did nothing but shit on them so maybe they finally decided to stop watching or trolling the threads with their comments. With the emergence of DCUniverse I imagine those that actually still watch and enjoy the shows are discussing it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    The JoJo thread is also dead. I think that the crowd that will normally be bored and browsing the off-topic sections are actually enjoying the game or at least discussing it more, getting their normal MMO-Champion fix on the actual WoW threads. The game is pretty good right now.

I'm still watching Legends simply because they have embraced the inherent cheesiness of the show,last seasons time demon vs giant fuzzy Beebo doll was hilarious,first episode of this season had a hippy eating unicorn at Woodstock,plus Constantine looks to be a regular on the show now.

I love the 100
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I watched a bit of arrow when it first came out.

But CW is too much teen romance crap it gets tired and predictable way to quick
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do still watch the Flash, but I just don't take the time to post about it on MMOC.

Last season of Arrow was okay for Arrow himself, but too much melodrama and didn't care for villain and stuff. Certainly didn't feel like seeing him in jail or whatever.
    Flash just hasn't been fun for me since Season 1/2, so just gave up.
    Supergirl was good enough, but towards the end of last season they cranked up the SJW stuff too high for me. In earlier seasons, Martian Manhunter had discussed the racism he faced masquerading as a black man, was done well enough and engaging. Last season the cops decided to let cultist nutjobs loose because they'd rather focus their guns on Guardian because he's a black guy... then he talks about how oppressed he is, ignoring his role as the head of a news organization and even his prior awards as a photojournalist and everything. Then the stupid anti-gun stuff. Then this seasons pre-press focused on how integral a transgender would be to the plot and little else when they're supposed to involve a russian duplicate of Kira.

I tired of Legends and Black Lightning pretty quickly, so just gave up on the entire set of shows at this point.

Never watched Riverdale, stopped Supernatural at season 6, is iZombie even still on?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Still watching the 100, but I’m done with the Flarrowverse stuff. Stopped after Prometheus/Savitar.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is watching the CW besides twelve year olds. Which is what CW, and Freeform shit is geared towards. No that there is anything wrong with that

But yeah if not a lot of people post about it, it's probably because a lot of people hit puberty. By the way I am not dogging anybody who likes CW it's just that CBS gears their programming for that specific Audience.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Nobody is watching the CW besides twelve year olds. Which is what CW, and Freeform shit is geared towards. No that there is anything wrong with that

But yeah if not a lot of people post about it, it's probably because a lot of people hit puberty. By the way I am not dogging anybody who likes CW it's just that CBS gears their programming for that specific Audience.
    And an awkward fanbase. I enjoyed Supernatural back for the first 7 seasons, but then the fandom around it became... Well, the Mulder and Scully shipping from the 90's has nothing on the female audience that see every interaction between Dean and Castiel as "Destiel" and theorize how they are a couple, in love and all that. All just became awkward. Plus the show became repeatable and bad.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSapmi View Post
    And an awkward fanbase. I enjoyed Supernatural back for the first 7 seasons, but then the fandom around it became... Well, the Mulder and Scully shipping from the 90's has nothing on the female audience that see every interaction between Dean and Castiel as "Destiel" and theorize how they are a couple, in love and all that. All just became awkward. Plus the show became repeatable and bad.
    Well I liked The WB that used to be my jam back then, however I moved on, I am surprised Supernatural is on, I never watched it but HAHA WOW, I more recently tried to watch the Charmed Reboot.

I wanted to try to like it, but unfortunately they aged me out hahaha or I aged out, I am too old to watch that. I am old and lame and liked the old show better.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I watch all of the Arrowverse shows. Sometimes they're hit or miss but I like them at least.

Legends is the best currently since they swing for the fences every episode. I like Black Lightning a lot as well. Maybe because its relatively new but they're willing to be fun. Last episode I saw had Thunder go kick the crap out of some drug dealers. Fight was fun, funk music pounding in the background.

I am looking forward to the crossover event this season.

I caught The Flash and Legends this week, Legends was particularly entertaining with the time traveling to Woodstock and Constantine is an awesome character to be a regular. I have to admit I missed the last season of everything, but since I got rid of Sling and got an antenna, I'm back to network TV so I'll be watching it all this season, or try to.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Well it seems anyone discussing them on here did nothing but shit on them so maybe they finally decided to stop watching or trolling the threads with their comments.
    Sounds like an apt comment for most stuff talked about on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Last season of Arrow was okay for Arrow himself, but too much melodrama and didn't care for villain and stuff. Certainly didn't feel like seeing him in jail or whatever.
    I kindas like the way Arrow went last season. It gives all the secondaries some time to shine. Specifically Wild Dog, Diggle, Canary. I have gotten over the hot Felicity thing and she seems to be going that feminist Women are BOSS route that all the CW shows are going. I can see it with Dina as she has proven herself as a capable fighter. Felicity...... I just dont see it just like I dont see Curtis as a fighter.
    Nothing against their characters as they do have some substance, but they are just not noteworthy to me.

Flash just hasn't been fun for me since Season 1/2, so just gave up.
    The only reason I still watch this is the Cisco/Snow connection. That is great chemistry and Cisco.s zingers are cool. I also enjoy the way Kavannah can hold each Wells's character so WELL. That is some good acting there for all the personalities. The rest of the cast can just go die in a fire. Even Flash cant hold the show anymore and he is THE character.

Supergirl was good enough, but towards the end of last season they cranked up the SJW stuff too high for me. In earlier seasons, Martian Manhunter had discussed the racism he faced masquerading as a black man, was done well enough and engaging. Last season the cops decided to let cultist nutjobs loose because they'd rather focus their guns on Guardian because he's a black guy... then he talks about how oppressed he is, ignoring his role as the head of a news organization and even his prior awards as a photojournalist and everything. Then the stupid anti-gun stuff. Then this seasons pre-press focused on how integral a transgender would be to the plot and little else when they're supposed to involve a russian duplicate of Kira.
    Supergirl, I went into this knowing it would be a feminist leaning show and they did a great job so far showing that the women can keep up with or even look better than the men. But this season.............. They litteraly dropped a PLANET of current social issues right on top of the show and I am finding it extremely hard to watch. I enjoy these show for the superhero stories, not to be reminded of the bullshit, anger, hate and rage that is what the country is going through. These shows were meant to be my ESCAPE from the real world and they decided to dump SJW feminism all over them.

I tired of Legends and Black Lightning pretty quickly, so just gave up on the entire set of shows at this point.
    Legends I LOVE the most. The campy slapstick way they always beat the villains is soo damned funny. They do also include subtle hints of today's issues in the show but they dont let it DIRECT the show.

Black Lightning.................. That is just straight up Reverse RACISM. I get the plights of black, colored Africian American, what ever they are calling themselves nowadays, but they do not even attempt to hide the black contempt in the show. Take the last episode, the new principle was already ostracized by Pierce BEFORE he was even at the school Masa Lowry gonna come save us all....... Now after seeing Lowery I totally agree with the hate, but they did not even attempt to hide their own contempt at a white person coming to the school. I still watch Black Lightning though, because Pierce is a badass man and Thunder is played awesomly. But yeah.. I do have a tough time with it.

All in all I do enjoy the CW DCverse, the shows are nicely done albeit the political over dramatization. I will keep watching them, but there will always be that distaste of political direction rather than real storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I kindas like the way Arrow went last season. (Snip)
    Nothing against their characters as they do have some substance, but they are just not noteworthy to me.
    The problem was the entire plot was stupid, and so this season is building on the stupid. A federal agent that won't help a city unless a guy confesses to a crime he was already found not-guilty of? The uber-powerful (quadrant? the bad guys) that just get shot by some random, bleh.
    The show has always had the issue of things coming down to melee, where the computer programmer can fight off a league assassin, but I could overlook it for the longest time, now I've just given up. If the other shows were better, maybe I'd remain.
    The only reason I still watch this is the Cisco/Snow connection. That is great chemistry and Cisco.s zingers are cool. I also enjoy the way Kavannah can hold each Wells's character so WELL. That is some good acting there for all the personalities. The rest of the cast can just go die in a fire. Even Flash cant hold the show anymore and he is THE character.
    Kavanaugh is great, in fact I like all the cast really. They just really don't know how to write a season arc, or big-bad.

Supergirl, I went into this knowing it would be a feminist leaning show and they did a great job so far showing that the women can keep up with or even look better than the men. But this season...
    I had NO problem with the shows themes for 2&1/2 seasons. Then the cops decided to hold Guardian at gunpoint while cultists escaped, because black-dude isn't a superhero once you know that, right? Just stupid. The gun thing might just be me, but it's not even the anti-gun message, so much as how utterly STUPID it was. Then seeing the news about how the current season would go... screw that.

Legends I LOVE the most.
    I watched first season, then just didn't bother with second. Not big on slap-stick, no interest in a lot of the folks. A shame really, since White Canary was one of my fav's.
    Black Lightning.................. That is just straight up Reverse RACISM.
    Psht, racism is racism, no reverse stuff. That said, the stupidity could have been manageable, but I have two pet peeves. The sudden loud music is the one this show hit. (The other is with folks speaking in accents in a foreign country. If it's "magically translated", no need for accents. Otherwise subtitle it.)
    All in all I do enjoy the CW DCverse, the shows are nicely done albeit the political over dramatization. I will keep watching them, but there will always be that distaste of political direction rather than real storytelling.
    FOr myself, there needs to be a threshold of shows for me to keep track of or I just abandon TV for a while. If I don't have something to watch every night or two, then remembering to look for shows when it's time doesn't work well. Even "on demand" I end up thinking I'll just wait for 2-3 eps, then catch up, but then end up too far behind and there's a gap so I figure I'll wait.

Then I end up never seeing any of the episodes.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I still watch all of the DC shows, but i only really look forward to to Legends and Black Lightning. These 2 are still awesome, the others i feel like theyre running in circles, every season is kinda the same...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

I enjoyed Black Lightning S1 only because it was a fresh take on the CW show formula. All of the other shows have been boring for a good amount of time, and it's hard for me to take LOT seriously lol

Also Supergirl has always been bad.

They're awful, so no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.