Thread: Housing in WoW

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    If I saw the point I would like it.
    The point would be to add an RPG element into WoW. However, RPG in WoW is all but obliterated at this point in WoW's life cycle. So in a way you're right, there really is no point since WoW is no longer an RPG to even a slight degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    The point would be to add an RPG element into WoW. However, RPG in WoW is all but obliterated at this point in WoW's life cycle. So in a way you're right, there really is no point since WoW is no longer an RPG to even a slight degree.
    If you say you need a location that you can customize for RP, so you can go there and roleplay with your friends, I get it. But aside from that I really don't see why someone would hang around in a house. Unless there is some kind of utility to it, like with the garrison, but then I still wanna spend as little time as possible there.

If you say you need a location that you can customize for RP, so you can go there and roleplay with your friends, I get it. But aside from that I really don't see why someone would hang around in a house. Unless there is some kind of utility to it, like with the garrison, but then I still wanna spend as little time as possible there.
    Because it creates part of a 'world', and element that added to a bigger picture. Its sort of old school way of thinking, when MMORPGs were actually MMORPGs (IE when the RPG part still had some meaning to the entire core of the game itself). Where people sort of 'lived' in the virtual world, not just instant gratification theme park / treadmill type games like we have today. Very different thought process from both player base and developers back then.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2018-11-08 at 03:48 PM.

Because it creates part of a 'world', and element that added to a bigger picture. Its sort of old school way of thinking, when MMORPGs were actually MMORPGs (IE when the RPG part still had some meaning to the entire core of the game itself). Where people sort of 'lived' in the virtual world, not just instant gratification theme park / treadmill type games like we have today. Very different thought process from both player base and developers back then.
    I don't wanna live in a virtual world.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I saw the point I would like it.
    So you see the point but again don't like it, I can see why somebody is an asshole for example, but do I like it all the time? no.

Hell no, Garrison flashback guys? Remember? THAT!

I would mind housing if they give us multiple mission table with 2k-5k golds mission with no failure guaranteed and always 200%. Hey, it's my house and i can decide if i want to fail or succeed right?

Otherwise, Hell no.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I can't find it now, but I'm pretty sure there was a blue post that said "You can still go back to your WoD garrison if you want player housing" or something along those lines. From Ion himself, if I remember correctly. Which makes me think the devs are satisfied with garrisons and (at least currently) have no plans to implement real player housing of any sort. I don't care much for that answer, but iirc, it's the last official word from Blizzard we have on the subject.

I think fully customizable player/guild housing would be awesome. Garrisons didn't allow much customization. I think you could change what race your guards were, and a couple of banners in your garrison would change to reflect whatever race your guards were. And you could....maybe decide where some of the buildings went? I forget all the details, but that was mostly it for customization. Although I'm not sure WoW's engine would allow for much beyond that without a ton of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    So you see the point but again don't like it, I can see why somebody is an asshole for example, but do I like it all the time? no.
    That's a bad example.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a bad example.
    no its not? but it seems you just want to disagree with everybody here just for the sake of it, so have fun "Not seeing the point"

Well, not literally, I suppose you had to be there back then to fully understand. But anyway, you're in luck, because WoW is just a task-based treadmill game nowadays, so you are good to go.

blizzard will care to do it if there is cash to do with it ;p

Well, not literally, I suppose you had to be there back then to fully understand. But anyway, you're in luck, because WoW is just a task-based treadmill game nowadays, so you are good to go.
    Back when?

Back when?
    Vanilla days, and even prior, such as Everquest (AKA Evercrack), AC, GW, etc. Players spent a lot more time in WoW (and other MMORPGs) years ago. Far more than they do now.

Vanilla days, and even prior, such as Everquest (AKA Evercrack), AC, GW, etc. Players spent a lot more time in WoW (and other MMORPGs) years ago. Far more than they do now.
    Yeah and that's not what I want. I already spent too much time with the game, no need to pretend I am in a virtual room. The greatest thing about MMOs like WoW is the beautiful worlds you get to see, and you wanna spend time sitting in a room? You're already doing that in real life.

I spend something like 200 million credits on my Stronghold in SWTOR. I love player housing. I even had a pretty cool house in Wildstar.

Garrisons had the potential to be amazing... your own castle. I mean how do you mess that up? I still mess around with it because its the closest we have to our own player space in WoW. But I really wanted more...

Quote Originally Posted by Life Capital View Post
    You don't need to play the AH or farm mats to make gold. Just see whats profitable to craft and sell that in the AH. That is how I make most of my gold.
    Tried that with enchanting and herbalism (with rank 3 pots/flasks).

Neither one was more profitable than just selling the raw mats, which means buying mats is just a loss.

I know what housing is. I know what customization of a room looks like. I've played LOTRO and I have a house there and I never go there, cause I don't see the point.
    Becaue you don't see a point into something or you don't understand why housing is wanted this won't make housing less desired.
    In the guld halls can be made community events like the one in my 3rd video which i posted in my original OP.There are plenty of group activities which can be done in guild halls if you even bothered to search a little in youtube.Housing can be much more than what little you think of it.Also i love in FF14 how it is integrated into the economy.Selling and buying spots in the cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    I spend something like 200 million credits on my Stronghold in SWTOR. I love player housing. I even had a pretty cool house in Wildstar.

Garrisons had the potential to be amazing... your own castle. I mean how do you mess that up? I still mess around with it because its the closest we have to our own player space in WoW. But I really wanted more...
    Yea i'm still baffled how bad Blizzard made the Garrisons.They had such great potential there and they fuck it up.Other less popular MMOs are doing much better job with integrating player housing.I don't understand why Blizzard can't do it with all the money they make per year.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Deleted
    I still remember the WoD launch, with the garrisons.
    Don't think blizz is gonna relaunch that,unless they make something like classhalls but with guildhalls.

Yeah and that's not what I want. I already spent too much time with the game, no need to pretend I am in a virtual room. The greatest thing about MMOs like WoW is the beautiful worlds you get to see, and you wanna spend time sitting in a room? You're already doing that in real life.
    No one said you had to. However, that does not negate that fact that many people want the RPG back in MMORPG. Which player housing is part of that.