Thread: Housing in WoW

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Thats pretty cool

Nice feature

10+ Year Old Account
    ...I do feel like between Garrisons and Order Halls, Blizz is hesitant to add Player Housing as a permanent feature. Battle Pets, which literally NO ONE asked for is fine but not Player Housing? I don't get it at all.

There so so much potential in Player Housing if they took it seriously. Goes without saying it would be a massive Gold Sink. Mind you, a revamp of the world would be needed and doing it post-BFA makes the most sense.

Players would have their pick of four plot sizes:

• Apartment (1,000G): Room in a faction city or town with Bank access, Void Storage and Transmogrify.
    • Small (10,000G): Small 1 or 2-story house with enough land for a profession shack (function changes depending on your professions), buy a barber's chair, Bank + Guild Bank access and option to hire a Portal Mage.
    • Medium (100,000G): Medium-sized house with profession room (same as profession shack, Damage Dummies, Bank + Guild Bank access, Transmog + Void Storage, cemetery and option to hire a Portal Mage, hire a Tanner (see below), build a Green House (see below), build a Mine (see below), build a Fishing Pond (see below), buy a barber's chair and hire bodyguards.
    • Estate (1,000,000G): Everything included in the previous plots off the bat plus Flight Path, Cemetery and option to hire mercenaries.

You will have a housekeeper as an option with all but the Apartment size. They will handle things in your absence. You can fully customize the plot as you see fit within certain limitations of course. The plots would always be in or near a faction-controlled outpost or city though in some cases, there may be a quest chain in which you have to claim land and then pay the fee to have things built. Only a small handful of players would be able to afford an Estate so...yeah. I do see most having one of the smaller plots though.

If you have a Green House or Mine built, you can harvest Herbs/Ore from all expansions once a day (Herbalism required). If you have Skinning, you can hire a Tanner to deliver a few stacks of leather from a certain expansion once a day. The more you pay him, the more he will bring you. You can also have a fishing pond with an NPC who for a small fee can make arrangements for fish from certain expansions to be delivered for you. You can talk to him again to change what expansion they come from.

Mercenaries can be hired to go into old dungeons and raids you have done before and bring back transmog loot. Pay them more and they may bring back extra pieces. They can't be used to get rare drops plus they could also fail so...yeah. You can hire up to 4 bodyguards who will accompany you on your travels. If any fall in battle, you will have to go back to your house once they've recovered. The bodyguards can't be taken into dungeons or raids just like the WoD ones.

As an added incentive, you can hire NPCs or other players to work for you so...yeah.

...That's my head cannon. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

SIms -->

Go play house there. This is about WARcraft, not PlayHouseCraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    No one said you had to. However, that does not negate that fact that many people want the RPG back in MMORPG. Which player housing is part of that.
    Sitting in your house alone is not MMO. They should be developing content that gets people out in the world, not sitting in their homes playing dress up.

Sims has all you want. Go there if you want to play house so bad.

I would adore player housing in wow, have been wanting that for years now. I had so much fun in Rift creating my home in there. I know blizzard could do something similar to that and make it good, as long as they don't go the route of the garrison again. -.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    SIms -->

Go play house there. This is about WARcraft, not PlayHouseCraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Sitting in your house alone is not MMO. They should be developing content that gets people out in the world, not sitting in their homes playing dress up.

Sims has all you want. Go there if you want to play house so bad.
    Player housing can very easily be implemented with the intention of making people go out into the world.

Look at ESO. If you want furniture and decorations for your house you have to go out into the world and farm resources to craft or buy them.

Just because "WAR" is in the name of the game doesn't mean that is a valid excuse to not have player housing. What about cutesy pet battles? What about Transmog "dress-up"? What about holiday events? The new Micro holidays? What about emotes like /dance? Not to mention, you could mount skulls and other trophies of your victims in your home.

You're just a salty, elitist tryhard who thinks his opinion is fact. It's not, and you're not special. Get over yourself. If you don't want a house, don't fucking buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Garrisons failed bc far fewer people want player/guild housing than you think. Why does everyone insist that blizzard take ideas from all these failed wow killers? Why would a successful business copy of failure? Wow players in general do not want this or it would have happened by now, remember less than 5% of the player base even knows this website exist and 1% of those actually post. It's never going to happen so it's best to either forget about it or go play one of those other games

No... shouldn't happen...won't happen
    I was notified, but I guess since you edited your post it is of no concern. Still i would like to add, that I respect your view, but I think the game could use something a community could work towards. A guild garrison, or fortress or whatever it would be could help with that. Also, there are some assets in the game, that would support guild housing, for example the way the warfronts are built up
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Deleted
    I would love to add a house in my garrison, or make the garrison bigger with other stuff, ok stormwind or such big towns would be better for housing, but if this was a problem to add, a house in my old garrison would be good enougth for me.

Parts of the WoD Garrison worked perfectly. Problem was that most of the non-raiding content was glued to the follower missions. That was a terrible concept.

Housing in MMOs is kind of like free money for Blizzard so I wonder why they've not capitalized on it. Launch housing and put some nice items for it in the aesthetic cash shop and collect the rewards....

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    The problem that I have with basically every form of content introduced in WoW is that it only stays relevant for an expansion or even a patch. So if this would be introduced, make sure that it stays relevant throughout the entire game.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    The problem that I have with basically every form of content introduced in WoW is that it only stays relevant for an expansion or even a patch. So if this would be introduced, make sure that it stays relevant throughout the entire game.
    The old worlds are actually really ripe for housing. Imagine a floating piece of land in Outlands with your personal base on it. Imagine a mountain home in Storm Peaks... an underwater home from the underwater zone in Cata... a pandarian themed home in the Jade Forest.

It has so much potential. And hours of content for both casual and hard core players