Thread: [Help] Yrel

Deleted

[Help] Yrel

I fell in love with a hero called Yrel but im struggling with her
    I guess i still havent found her niche playstyle.
    She is not a solo tank, not a damage dealer, not a solo healer.
    She is...a support "tanky" champion And a god in solo lane in early levels.

I use this talents with a few changes:
    https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/yrel-talents#level-7

I use Gift of the Naaru at level 4
    And Holy Avanger at level 7 instead of the instant mount up
    Last talent i pick the healing on my team with my ultimate

Playstyle:
    She is a god in solo lane with the self healing. Nothing much to say about that
    I focus on catching people out of position with my "leap" and instant "kock back stun" to my team.
    This is made easier with the improved slow on "leap" talent.

She also has the ability to perma slow someone out of position with the talent that resets the cooldown of leap when at max charge.
    Really awesome with the improved slow talent.

The Holy Wrath talent makes her a lot more fun to play and interesting.
    It empoweres her next basic attack after using a spell. A little bit more damage.

-------------

And thats pretty much it...i have no tricks up my sleeve with her
    Would like to hear your tricks with her in hopes i can improve and become better.
    I watched a ton of videos but learned very little...

15+ Year Old Account
    She's a "bruiser", a meaty sustaining harasser whos job is to get at the backline and bully their squishies/support. You're not the tank so you won't be initiating, and the main peeling will be done by your tank so you shouldn't have to babysit your own backline.

Yrel's self-sustain is unreal with the right talent set-up, so you can basically be as ballsy and annoying as you please. Jump right into the back and start being a real hassle; stick to their weak people and disrupt them, wear them down. If stuff gets really dicey, you have escape tools. Just make sure that your team is actually planning on engaging as well, dont jump in 1v5.

The most important part about Yrel that took me a while to get the hang of is this - YOU DO NOT NEED TO FULLY CHARGE ALL YOUR ABILITIES. Q is important to cast at full charge as it fuels a lot of her sustain, but E does the same damage and slow regardless of charge and only increases distance. W increases damage, but its damage is pretty lackluster, and the main benefit of charge is the knockback distance. Thus, if you're sticking to someone, you basically never need to charge E since you can just hop on top of them from melee for full damage and slow, and charging W will end up knocking them away from you.

This becomes even more important with two particular talents - Maraads Insight at 1, and Holy Wrath at 16. The healing and damage from these two talents is SIGNIFICANT, and promotes a playstyle where you will generally be tapping your abilities rapidly rather than charging them, because the on-hit bonuses don't care if you charge the ability or not. Obviously each fight is different, but as a rule of thumb I will generally tap E and W and use trait on Q when it's available. I rarely find myself in the dream situation where I can get a hammer pick back into the team, but am almost ALWAYS surrounded by enemies and not having Q interrupted is most important.

Taking Seraphim at 20 gives you a window where you are guaranteed to get ANY ability you want off at full charge. It's outstanding for baiting CC from people panicking as you run at them with your hammer back.

Also, level 7? Take Divine Steed. Just do it. It might well be the best talent in the game. Once you hit 7, literally no-one can escape from you, ever, unless they hop over a wall. And you become one of the most slippery bastards in the game.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    She's a "bruiser", a meaty sustaining harasser whos job is to get at the backline and bully their squishies/support. You're not the tank so you won't be initiating, and the main peeling will be done by your tank so you shouldn't have to babysit your own backline.

Jump right into the back and start being a real hassle; stick to their weak people and disrupt them, wear them down. If stuff gets really dicey, you have escape tools. Just make sure that your team is actually planning on engaging as well, dont jump in 1v5.
    Thanks in advance for the help!
    Before i start talking i would just like to say that:
    1)Im a noob at HotS
    2)Have no friends to play with (all my friends dont play HotS)
    3)I only do quick matches
    4) So there is almost zero coordination in my games

The part i quoted from you is the most important part im missing with Yrel.
    I have no idea what to do in a 5v5 situation.
    You say my job is to get to the backline and bully squishies.
    I assume this is in small squirmishes and not 5v5, correct?

Because everytime i try to initiate a 5v5...i will eventually die a horrible death after using my ulty.
    Im completly lost on what i should do in a 5v5 situation.

Most of the time in quick matches, if i "dive" the enemy team, when i look back, my entire team is running away from a tank and leaving me alone to die
    This happens constantly if i decide to "dive"

The most important part about Yrel that took me a while to get the hang of is this - YOU DO NOT NEED TO FULLY CHARGE ALL YOUR ABILITIES. Q is important to cast at full charge as it fuels a lot of her sustain, but E does the same damage and slow regardless of charge and only increases distance. W increases damage, but its damage is pretty lackluster, and the main benefit of charge is the knockback distance. Thus, if you're sticking to someone, you basically never need to charge E since you can just hop on top of them from melee for full damage and slow, and charging W will end up knocking them away from you.

This becomes even more important with two particular talents - Maraads Insight at 1, and Holy Wrath at 16. The healing and damage from these two talents is SIGNIFICANT, and promotes a playstyle where you will generally be tapping your abilities rapidly rather than charging them, because the on-hit bonuses don't care if you charge the ability or not. Obviously each fight is different, but as a rule of thumb I will generally tap E and W and use trait on Q when it's available. I rarely find myself in the dream situation where I can get a hammer pick back into the team, but am almost ALWAYS surrounded by enemies and not having Q interrupted is most important.
    Im pretty confortable on this part and her gameplay is very fun the main reason why i love the Hero

Also, level 7? Take Divine Steed. Just do it. It might well be the best talent in the game. Once you hit 7, literally no-one can escape from you, ever, unless they hop over a wall. And you become one of the most slippery bastards in the game.
    Divine steed is cool and all but you are trading it for the "cooldown reset" on your fully charged E.
    Which opens up a whole new world to Yrel.
    The world where you can perma slow someone until he dies.
    Fully charge E, Auto, Instant Q, fully charge E, auto, fully charge E...........fully charge E until the target dies running away from you

I find it extremely funny ahah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Thanks in advance for the help!
    Before i start talking i would just like to say that:
    1)Im a noob at HotS
    2)Have no friends to play with (all my friends dont play HotS)
    3)I only do quick matches
    4) So there is almost zero coordination in my games

The part i quoted from you is the most important part im missing with Yrel.
    I have no idea what to do in a 5v5 situation.
    You say my job is to get to the backline and bully squishies.
    I assume this is in small squirmishes and not 5v5, correct?

Because everytime i try to initiate a 5v5...i will eventually die a horrible death after using my ulty.
    Im completly lost on what i should do in a 5v5 situation.

Most of the time in quick matches, if i "dive" the enemy team, when i look back, my entire team is running away from a tank and leaving me alone to die
    This happens constantly if i decide to "dive"

Im pretty confortable on this part and her gameplay is very fun the main reason why i love the Hero

Divine steed is cool and all but you are trading it for the "cooldown reset" on your fully charged E.
    Which opens up a whole new world to Yrel.
    The world where you can perma slow someone until he dies.
    Fully charge E, Auto, Instant Q, fully charge E, auto, fully charge E...........fully charge E until the target dies running away from you

I find it extremely funny ahah
    The first problem, you don't initiate in a 5v5.
    Your team does and then you go to the back line and scream come little piggies.

And everything else nikka said cause I'm not good with yrel.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

15+ Year Old Account
    If you jump in first, you'll get murdered

As I said, you're not the initiator. Your tank is. YOU ARE NOT A TANK.

When your Diablo/ETC/Muradin etc starts the fight and your team engages, thats your cue. You get into their backline hard and fast and you stay there wailing on people until you either win the fight or need to retreat.

WRT level 7, its a damage loss to fully charge E (since its damage doesn't change). You will also eventually miss, or get stunned out of it, and then you get no benefit. You need to understand just how powerful instant mounting is, especially with a 60% bonus. Most chases are won or lost by who can gain the ground and get on their mount first, or by dismounting your enemy through poke damage. Divine Steed throws all that out the window by allowing you to ignore the 1.5sec mount cast forever, unconditionally, granting you EXTREME mobility over short ranges. You mount constantly in combat to reposition, stick to enemies, escape, whatever.

If you need any more perspective, think of it like this: Divine Steed is an instant 60% movespeed boost on a FOUR SECOND COOLDOWN.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2018-10-30 at 12:32 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Which is a trade ANY player who knows what they are doing will GLADLY make. Divine Steed is so much better than that reset talent it's scary.

There isnt much more to her, really. She isArtanis 2.0, good and buffy solo laner, easy to counter in draft with some minor game play potential.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Which is a trade ANY player who knows what they are doing will GLADLY make. Divine Steed is so much better than that reset talent it's scary.
    Im not going to say you are wrong. You are right and icy veins agrees with you

But the "fun factor" of cooldown reset on E....is insane. I laugh everytime!
    It perma slows someone until he dies running away.
    And gives you kills you wouldnt get with the other talent.

Is incredibly fun, thats all

edit: And thanks @Nikkaszal
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-10-30 at 06:31 PM.