Deleted

Artifact vs Hearthstone

Hello guys,

I have recently started watching Hearthstone and reading about Artifact, and I have come to conclusion, that card games are very appealing to me.
    What would you recommend - to start playing Hearthstone now, or rather wait and focus on Artifact when it comes out by the end of November?

What are the pros and cons of each of these games? From what I have read, it seems like there is no trading in HS, as opposed to Artifact, where there will be possibility, to buy and sell cards on the market, which seems as a better way to gather your collections and build specific decks? What are your thoughts on which game should I choose to spend time and money at?

Yes, lets compare something that is already over its prime time and something that is not even out yet and the information is still scarce.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is only one person in the world qualified to answer this question for you

It's you

The end, thread over.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Famaro View Post
    Hello guys,

I have recently started watching Hearthstone and reading about Artifact, and I have come to conclusion, that card games are very appealing to me.
    What would you recommend - to start playing Hearthstone now, or rather wait and focus on Artifact when it comes out by the end of November?

What are the pros and cons of each of these games? From what I have read, it seems like there is no trading in HS, as opposed to Artifact, where there will be possibility, to buy and sell cards on the market, which seems as a better way to gather your collections and build specific decks? What are your thoughts on which game should I choose to spend time and money at?
    I'm getting a super "advertising/promotional" vibe from this post.

I would recommend playing both games to discover for yourself which one you like more. It's hard for other people (besides you) to be the judge of what you will enjoy.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Hello guys,

Just play the free stuff for Hearthstone, the solo modes and tavern brawls and occasional free arenas. That'll tide you over until November, then you can try out Artifact and make a decision.

I would recommend Hearthstone because this is Hearthstone forums and I don't give a damn about some random ass card game that's not even out yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent all of last night playing Artifact. And i've been watching early access streamers play for a week.
    Been playing Hearthstone for years. Quite successfully for a non-pro.

Both games will annoy you. With their RNG mechanics.

There's some differences between the two games tho.

- RNG in Artifact is present in most core aspects of it. And it has little to do with cards.
    It is present in most stages of every turn.
    In addition to any cards with RNG on them, like in Hearthstone.

- If you're planning on being a Free-To-Play player, your only option is Hearthstone.
    Which allows you get a minimal but respectable flow of free cards on a steady basis. In Artifact you need to pay money.
    Artifact does have a free "arena" mode, but you cant really make a decent deck in most cases, and you dont gain any cards for your collection from it.

- Difficulty aside, i personally find Hearthstone a lot more fun to play or watch. Artifact feels too slow and visually boring.
    Artifact is much more complex though. But i dont know how relevant that is, since it's A LOT more random.

If you can spare the 17$ give them both a try and judge for yourself.

I will be playing them both. But Hearthstone more, since to me Artifact seems kinda depressing, and too random for my taste.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-11-29 at 05:55 AM.

IMO, Magic Arena is better than both. By a mile.

Is Artifact already a ded gaem?

HS is free to play so no reason not to try it out.

It's great but sometimes frustrating as fuck. However I imagine that's true for a lot of card games.

Can't speak to Artifact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

5+ Year Old Account
    Artifact will probably go FTP or it will need to rely on whales.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcsurvivor View Post
    Artifact will probably go FTP or it will need to rely on whales.
    I saw on reddit it lost half of it's playerbase after first week soooo...
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Hearthstone needs to get rid of taunt and put declare blockers and massively nerf the mongo decks. Flooding the board and just continuing to go face should never be a valid strat. At least in MTG vs swarm style decks you can block and kill them without them hitting you AND you can choose which ones get through whereas Hearthstone is the opposite. The attacker has full control over what gets through.

As it stands honestly for it to be less mongo they need to nerf Genn, Baku, Fungalmancer, Saronite Chain Gang, Savage Roar, Inner Fire, and a bunch of other cards I can't think of off the top of my head.

Hello guys,

Hearthstone crushes and has already crushed Artifact in every way. Do not waste your time playing a game that will be a fart in the wind.

I bought Artifact on a whim, and while it has some neat ideas in general, many of those ideas are implemented in a way that increases complexity without increasing actual fun.

Also, while I didn’t agree with their policy of “no non-paying way to earn cardpacks”, the fact that they had to do a complete 180 on that policy so quickly after the launch of the game doesn’t inspire confidence. By that I mean that usually something must be looking really bad on their end, either from sales or player retention, to make them completely change their monetization policy.

I do like the “earn gold by killing minions -> use gold to buy items” system, though! I wonder if something like that might become a card type in hearthstone one day.

artifact fked up, so now there is only hs as a king of a hill