Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by youswas View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=95

bm hunter dead last, mm hunter 3rd to last.

what are we supposed to play in raid :S
    SV, the best hunter spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by us italian View Post
    BM is a basic spec with mobility that a 3 year old could play. I can't wait until vanilla is out, where proper hunters excel.
    Barbed shot maintenance is actually likely the most complicated DPS task in the game.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Demon Hunter?

This page of Warcraftlogs (statistics) reminds me of PER in NBA where my fellow countryman Boban Marjanovic is better than Micheal Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain ...

In addition, you are looking at bad page of raid that is in it's last reset... Remember that classes are going to perform differently on different bosses.

Statistics are wrong bunch of correct data. Do not believe into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Barbed shot maintenance is actually likely the most complicated DPS task in the game.
    You not using weakaura to show you the icon for duration of buffs/debuffs?
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Can someone explain to me what's so hard about this? Is it because you dont have target to shoot 100% of the time or what? You literally make a weak aura to show your debuff duration and everytime that duration is 2s you dont cast some other spell, you wait for 1s and cast barbed shot. Only way it will drop is if you dont get any procs or if you just spam all your barbed shots when they are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Can someone explain to me what's so hard about this? Is it because you dont have target to shoot 100% of the time or what? You literally make a weak aura to show your debuff duration and everytime that duration is 2s you dont cast some other spell, you wait for 1s and cast barbed shot. Only way it will drop is if you dont get any procs or if you just spam all your barbed shots when they are available.
    Think you’re misunderstanding. I don’t think the person is saying it’s difficult, but he was making a response to someone saying BM is brain dead. Basically they were implying BM is an easy spec and has no difficult mechanics. The person you replied to was simply stating Barbed Shot is the only thing in the game that requires any thought or maintenance.
    The person was basically stating that something this easy being the most difficult mechanic to use means all other specs are actually that much easier than BM and have no right to try to make BM seem brain dead when all specs are brain dead now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    It's not hard per se and weak aura helps a lot, but if you combine it with raid movement, raid tasks, perfect target switch, keeping your rotation up + focus management (especially during cleave) it can get stressfull and mistakes happen easily. Basically if you want to min/max there are specs which are way easier to obtain >90% logs.

People stating BM is a brain dead spec never actually played the game on a higher level or just spout the same shit someone else wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    What do you except for 1 button mongoloid huntard spec? You can't be top with the easiest spec ever been in history of WoW.
    Because a frost mage is more complicated than a BM hunter?

This entire thread is semi retarded, if you don't understand what's important in a spec, then it doesn't matter what you play. BM has a clear benefit for the raid in terms of progress, but on farm (which is what you referr to with your log) it falls short.

A BM hunter can easily do 18k++ in p3 without breaking a sweat, which puts him above many classes, but on a fight like vectis you might see other classes excell.

without exposing sick strats for BFD, you might wanna bring 2 BM hunters for one of the bosses so BM is really solid for a raid roster, and even discussing things in a thread like this points out the problem of the playerbase. You are all so hooked up on the meta, that you don't realize the game mechanics, so classes that are high on the list gets bloated, but no guild inside the top 200 wants them because they might do high dps, but they perform poorly for prog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    This page of Warcraftlogs (statistics) reminds me of PER in NBA where my fellow countryman Boban Marjanovic is better than Micheal Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain ...

In addition, you are looking at bad page of raid that is in it's last reset... Remember that classes are going to perform differently on different bosses.

Statistics are wrong bunch of correct data. Do not believe into it.

- - - Updated - - -

You not using weakaura to show you the icon for duration of buffs/debuffs?
    Also, are you implying other classes and specs don't use weak auras? Boomkin for example, only gets complicated if you want to optimize the cancelaura strat, which is barely a dps increase, and doesn't get more complicated than barbed shot, rather it's equal to barbed shot maintenance.

Barbed shot maintenance lifts BM up to a medium spec. It's easy to play, but if you want to consistently pull in 95%+ percentiles in mythic, you have to play fairly well (or pad like a scrub but that's easily spotted with boss damage filters).

Every time I see someone say that BM is easy, I would much rather prefer them to link a log of them performing well with a BM hunter, aswell as whatever class they feel is more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by velikanthehunterr View Post
    Because a frost mage is more complicated than a BM hunter?

This entire thread is semi retarded, if you don't understand what's important in a spec, then it doesn't matter what you play. BM has a clear benefit for the raid in terms of progress, but on farm (which is what you referr to with your log) it falls short.

A BM hunter can easily do 18k++ in p3 without breaking a sweat, which puts him above many classes, but on a fight like vectis you might see other classes excell.

without exposing sick strats for BFD, you might wanna bring 2 BM hunters for one of the bosses so BM is really solid for a raid roster, and even discussing things in a thread like this points out the problem of the playerbase. You are all so hooked up on the meta, that you don't realize the game mechanics, so classes that are high on the list gets bloated, but no guild inside the top 200 wants them because they might do high dps, but they perform poorly for prog.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, are you implying other classes and specs don't use weak auras? Boomkin for example, only gets complicated if you want to optimize the cancelaura strat, which is barely a dps increase, and doesn't get more complicated than barbed shot, rather it's equal to barbed shot maintenance.

Barbed shot maintenance lifts BM up to a medium spec. It's easy to play, but if you want to consistently pull in 95%+ percentiles in mythic, you have to play fairly well (or pad like a scrub but that's easily spotted with boss damage filters).

Every time I see someone say that BM is easy, I would much rather prefer them to link a log of them performing well with a BM hunter, aswell as whatever class they feel is more complicated.
    thanks for your input on this. much appreciated. i do see a decent amount of use for BM in the next raid, but i'm concerned nonetheless. i ran some sims of 415 gear as surv and 415 gear as BM, and surv was simming at 26k dps while bm was simming at 22k, which is a 15% difference. mm was simming just slightly above bm. in my experience they never let such a massive difference between top and bottom remain, they usually want all specs within 10%. so we might see a BM bump, and if what you said is true about the meta, then we should be in a good spot.

I feel BM is still strong, I love BM.... speaking of one button I love gnomesequncer entire rotation in one button "drools"

How about the more fun build that also happens to be doing decent up there?

wait 2 more weeks and the next balance patch should the servers. its a new raid, some new traits and the 5th ring..
    more than pure damage I feel the lack of utility to get into m+

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

10+ Year Old Account
    tried out survival since vanilla and i can safely say that sv burst and / or steady dps feels way better than bm.

mind you that i am not raiding competitively anymore so my experience may differ from a raider of this current expansion.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    tried out survival since vanilla and i can safely say that sv burst and / or steady dps feels way better than bm.

mind you that i am not raiding competitively anymore so my experience may differ from a raider of this current expansion.
    it is way stronger, problem is getting a melee spot on a roster is close to impossible as a hunter. maybe if we still brought 10% attack power then we could take up the warrior slot.

but as it stands right now survival is simming at 15% higher dps than BM at 415 ilvl

I watched about ten hours of Method's Jaina streams and they took a BM and an MM hunter. While the MM hunter was usually parsing near the top of their meters for DMG, their BM hunter with all his mobility was really the champion of the day and many comments were made about his flawless execution right before phase 3 when he had to fly across the room, kick the boss, get back without dying and yea, it was awesome to watch and he was middle of the pack for DPS. If you are raiding and expect to not be benched for high level mythic raiding, you'll want to play both MM and BM to be able to switch between the two. It doesn't matter that SV is simming higher when you can take a ret for utility or a rogue for crazy DPS. I haven't seen many raid setups for mythic raiding this tier where survival has been included, melee spots are always scarce and right now are reserved for the likes of rogues and DH.