Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    I knew that we would be shit in a new expansion due to losing our artifact weapon traits .

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Thank god I went back to pirate vanilla.
    So much for the PvP buffs, it adresses nothing of the troubles warlocks got in PvP just delay our deaths by 3 melee hits.
    Yeah, 20% HP gain and a 275% armor gain (which is like -25% physical dmg taken from live) isnt going to change much, warlock is a dead class when you press the "join arena" button.

Imagine a bad class, now give that class 20% longer life and it takes only 75% of the damage a very high percentage of the general population is doing.

Sounds like a good change to me.

Update: In case you people dont know, Demon Armor was buffed to 275% (from 125%) in the last build which are the final patch notes.
    Which means, my mythic Uldir equiped warlock will take -41% physical dmg instead of the current 16% if I take the talent, and I will have 200k life instead of the current 167k.
    Last edited by Walrock; 2018-12-11 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Yeah, 20% HP gain and a 275% armor gain (which is like -25% physical dmg taken from live) isnt going to change much, warlock is a dead class when you press the "join arena" button.

Imagine a bad class, now give that class 20% longer life and it takes only 75% of the damage a very high percentage of the general population is doing.

Update: In case you people dont know, Demon Armor was buffed to 275% (from 125%) in the last build which are the final patch notes.
    Which means, my mythic Uldir equiped warlock will take -41% physical dmg instead of the current 16% if I take the talent, and I will have 200k life instead of the current 167k.
    Please don't shout false things with this tone.
    Demon Armor is a NEW pvp talent, nowhere to be found in 8.0, and it takes a pvp talent slot.
    You are right about the passive +10% health tho.
    Demon Armor is not doing anything against magical or bleed or poison etc. damage, so while it sounds good, your math is way off.

I’m a bit confused. When 95% of incoming damage in pvp is not physical (poison, magic, bleed etc) how exactly does this help us?

buffed to 275% (from 125%)
    Looks like a typo tbh, if blizz was going to buff something for locks they'd make a big shiny blue post to show off that they give a crap about the class and stuff, they'd never stealth fix a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    I’m a bit confused. When 95% of incoming damage in pvp is not physical (poison, magic, bleed etc) how exactly does this help us?
    Thought bleeds were physical. if not that's lame af.

Also, very curious to know if it's 125% or 275%. Walrock is claiming it's not only in the notes (which it is) but also "in the last build". If it's actually in the last build then that's very awesome. Would love someone to confirm this. Seems like it's actually 275%.
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2018-12-11 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Thought bleeds were physical. if not that's lame af.
    Bleeds bypass armor so it wouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Bleeds bypass armor so it wouldn't matter.
    Ya makes sense.

But scales from attack power right? If so, there's at least the curse of weakness buff. Enough? not sure. But really looking forward to testing this out.

Deleted
    Armor is meaningless in modern WoW, plate classes serve no purpose other than pure damage. DKs die in 3 hits like mages, mail like shaman too...

Pvp is a sad joke and pvp team actively seeks to make it terrible, maybe their agenda is to delete that mode for once?

I get that pvp is in a bad state, as in, it isn't all that fun imo, and especially bad for arena locks. But the last statement that they are trying to make it bad and maybe delete it? Why are these very stupid statements still around? PSA: They immediately flag you as someone not to take seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that pvp is in a bad state, as in, it isn't all that fun imo, and especially bad for arena locks. But the last statement that they are trying to make it bad and maybe delete it? Why are these very stupid statements still around? PSA: They immediately flag you as someone not to take seriously.
    It's MMO-C, this crazy talk is a standard here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's human beings literally anywhere about pretty much any topic, this crazy talk is a standard. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    FTFY

10chars
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

It was already possible to do alright on locks before this patch and we got a pretty significant power buff now so I'm looking forward to trying some games. Expecting we'll have a few top tier comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    So for the first question, its not just locks, its the general class design philosophy they seemed to go with as a whole. Class design is shallow today, its not just warlocks, and its not just "for me". The classes lack depth / agency.

For your 2nd question... Blizzard used to communicate their design goals etc etc once upon a time, so what I would change / give feedback on focused around the stated goals and where the class was currently failing to achieve them or could be made more enjoyable to me within them. Right now I have literally no idea what those goals are as there was clearly a gag order at some point quite a while back, so its hard to say.

If we're talking just me having complete creative freedom, that's a massive post. As I'd probably change more than I wouldn't. And its not just *what* I'd change, but *why* I'd change it.

Sorry if that's not really much of an answer. Not really sure how involved of a convo you're trying to have about this.
    haha i find it amusing that he simply asked what you would change and you danced around his question by not really saying what YOU would change about locks.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    haha i find it amusing that he simply asked what you would change and you danced around his question by not really saying what YOU would change about locks.
    Do you really not understand why he replied the way he did, based on the content of his post?

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Glad to entertain.

Its not a simple answer, hence what I said in the post. I even said I wasn't sure how involved of a convo he was looking to have, to which he never replied. So I'm happy I didn't spend the time typing it out as it could easily take hours. I've written more than my fair share of feedback, I got tired of repeating myself.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted

I'm glad you like to label people based on simple venting off, gotta love that righteous mindset. If you prefer to say that the pvp team is simply terrible and the game is flawed by design for pvp because its a PVE raid game first and foremost, then sure but that would make the pvp team look even worse.

The game has had bad pvp since its dawn ever since it tried to be esporty. Its just "fun" but its still bad and terribly designed (ex: the whole caster vanilla style when melee aren't back to that, the terrible discrepancy between classes in terms of pvp utility and defensive/offensive,raw power,etc...).

There are just way better games for pvp. It still has its place but no one should take it seriously, it will never progress
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2018-12-12 at 05:20 PM.