swapping to Boomkin 8.1

I need some advice I am going from tank to rdps. I am really I like druid utility and multi spec options, but the class I switch to at least need to be middle of the pack. I would like to go boomkin but I know they aren't in the best of spots according to the logs. How do you feel they are going to be in 8.1 they didn't seem to of gotten any love even though they are one of the worst rdps other than mastery change which seems really small to me I might be wrong about that. With the small buffs and the fights in 8.1 you think they will be at least middle of the pack?

My single target sim with PTR numbers was 8% higher than live. This does require switching from Twin Moons to Stellar Flare though. Mileage will vary depending how much mastery you have but I feel like 8.1 is going to be a significant buff.

You have to keep in mind that boomy looks really bad on simulated patchwerk fights, but there's almost never a truly patchwerk fight anymore so that metric is of little use in reality. The mastery adjustment in 8.1 will certainly help in those single-target scenarios, but it's how we respond to scenarios and our toolkit that make boomkins what they are (this is abundantly clear in M+ scenarios, but present in raids to some degree). I doubt we're going to be #1 overall like we were on some encounters in Legion, but we're still valuable in the right hands.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I think 8.1 will mean a bit of a boost for boomkins. The changes to mastery will change what gear to focus on, and Stellar Flare should end up being a staple. I was honestly stunned when I saw that its scaling was so terrible in 8.0.

It's going to depend on the fights. If you have a multi-target fight, you will do great DPS. The burst AOE is still non-existent, but long-term AOE is very solid.

Stack the shit out of haste/mastery, and you should be fine.

Thanks guys those answers a lot of the questions I had. I dont have my druid geared so I couldn't sim it for ptr to see how much the buff was.

Quote Originally Posted by 3l3ments View Post
    Thanks guys those answers a lot of the questions I had. I dont have my druid geared so I couldn't sim it for ptr to see how much the buff was.
    The biggest difference is going to be gearing. Right now, mastery is garbage, but it's about to be almost as valuable as haste. It may end up changing a couple of the default talents. I can see Starlord becoming significantly stronger in many fights over CoE. Heck, Soul of the Forest may even become decent to use. It will definitely mean more talent changes between fights. Personally, I'd like to see a buff to New Moon, and give boomkins better burst.

Can someone link where the Mastery changes are for Boomkin in 8.1? I wasn't aware of this change but definitely welcome it. Would like to read over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifterstorm View Post
    Can someone link where the Mastery changes are for Boomkin in 8.1? I wasn't aware of this change but definitely welcome it. Would like to read over it.
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/druid-change...s-of-vengeance