Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Lightbulb Masters of the lost crafts

    Disclaimer:
    This threat is the result of a small brainstorm we had in the Warrior Transmogrification threat. There's a problem out there that some unique looking craft able items have become extremely rare because their recipes aren't obtainable any more or are an extremely rare drop from old world creatures that get don't get killed that often any more. The aim is to create a list of those recipes and to find people who still know them. (Ideally we end up with at least one crafter per region)

    Blacksmithing:
    B01: Darksoul: Breast Shoulders Leggings (they were a reputation reward for The Zalandar Tribe in Vanilla, the Vendor was removed with Cataclysm)

    B02: Ornate Mithril: Helm Breast Boots Pants Gloves Shoulder (Gained from the Mithril Order, the Vendor was lost with Cataclysm)

    B03: Felsteel Longblade (the recipe is a super rare drop from only 9 mobs in TBC, still available but rarely found)

    B04: Bloodsoul Set: Breastplate Shoulders Gauntlets

    B05: Golden Scale Gauntlets

    B06: Enchanted Thorium Leggings

    B07: Truesilver Breastplate

    B08: Truesilver Gauntlets

    Leatherworking:
    L01: DeviateScale: Belt Cloak Gloves (Quest Reward in the wailing caverns, lost with Cataclysm)

    L02: Stormshroud Gloves (Rare drop that was removed in Cataclysm)

    L03: heavy-scorpid-set (Rare drops Recipes)

    L04: Hide of the Wild

    L05: Stormshroud Gloves

    L06: Wolfshead Helm

    L07: Primal Batskin-Set: Jerkin Bracers Gloves

    L08: Blood Tiger-Set: Breastplate Shoulders

    L09: Girdle of Insight

    L10: Red Dragonscale Breastplate

    L11: Shifting Cloak

    Engeneering:
    E01: bloodvine-lens

    E02: Bloodvine Goggles

    Tailoring:
    T01: Belt of the Archmage (Was contained in a Cache in Diremaul, gone with Cataclysm)

    T02: Glacial Gloves (Classic Naxxramas, lost when it got moved to Northrend)

    T03: Chromatic Cloak

    T04: Inferno Gloves

    T05: Robes of Arcana

    Masters:
    NA
    Konteil Blades Edge L01 L02

    TheWorkingTitle Horde T01 T02

    Giovannisup69 Horde E01

    Kadenzza Alliance Tanaris/Greymane L01 L02 L03 L04 L06 L07 L08 L11 B02 B05 T03

    EU
    Gehco Horde Argent Dawn B01 B02 B03 B04 L01 L02 L03 L05 E01 E02 EU Alliance Defias Brotherhood T01

    Unlimited Power Horde: E01 E02 Alliance L01 L02 L03(shoulder, Leggings) L04 L05 L06

    Nathanyel Kel'Thuzad B01 B02 B04 L01 L02 L03(Bracers) L06

    Nightstalker Blackhand B01 B02 B04

    Etassadar Zirkel-Des-Cenarius B01 B02 B04

    Chonar Shadowsong B01 B02 B04

    Sting Swab Tarren Mill horde B01 B02 B03 B04 Taurimbo Ragnaros horde L01 L02 L03 L05 L06 L09 Emsarrev, Al'Akir horde E01 E02

    Triden Triden Alliance Alleria/Khadgar B01 B02 B03 B05 B07 B08

    aunt Cendre Vermiflux Hyjal L01 L02 L03 L04 L06 L07 L08 L11 Goto hyjal T01 T02 T04 T05 Catchy hyjal B02 B03 (L08 in the bank ready to be sold)

    oldgeezer Gnude Earthen Ring T05

    SA

    NONE
    ... to be continued...
    Last edited by Plehnard; 2018-11-25 at 12:00 PM.

  2. #2
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    30,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Disclaimer:
    This threat is the result of a small brainstorm we had in the Warrior Transmogrification threat. There's a problem out there that some unique looking craft able items have become extremely rare because their recipes aren't obtainable any more or are an extremely rare drop from old world creatures that get don't get killed that often any more. The aim is to create a list of those recipes and to find people who still know them. (Ideally we end up with at least one crafter per region)

    Plate:
    Darksoul-Set: Breast Shoulders Leggings (they were a reputation reward for The Zalandar Tribe in Vanilla, the Vendor was removed with Cataclysm)

    ... to be continued...
    I can make the Darksoul set, as well as the other set. I even have spare ones stored on Horde side, Argent Dawn EU. I've tried my best to hoard as many engineering and blacksmithing plans I can on my Horde main.

    Do share other names, the list is long after all.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  3. #3
    AFAIK Ornate Mithril set can't be learned any more.


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I can make the Darksoul set, as well as the other set. I even have spare ones stored on Horde side, Argent Dawn EU. I've tried my best to hoard as many engineering and blacksmithing plans I can on my Horde main.

    Do share other names, the list is long after all.
    Great, I'll add you as a master =)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    AFAIK Ornate Mithril set can't be learned any more.

    Good find. I'll add that.

  5. #5
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    30,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    AFAIK Ornate Mithril set can't be learned any more.

    I can make that too, on Argent Dawn EU.
    @Plehnard

    - - - Updated - - -

    I can do Felsteel Longblade too on Argent Dawn EU @Plehnard
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  6. #6
    I have several characters capable of crafting a couple of removed recipes with unique appearances. For example I have a horde engineer capable of crafting Bloodvine Lens (I can also do Bloodvine Goggles but you can get that appearance from an item that doesn't require engineering).

    I also have an alliance leatherworker with several now-removed recipes such as Deviate Scale armor, most of the recipes from the leatherworking specialist trainers that were removed in Cata, a large quantity of extremely rare world drop recipes, including some that are no longer available like some of the pieces of the Heavy Scorpid set and Stormshroud Gloves (which is a unique appearance).

    I don't have access to the complete list of recipes right now, but I could attempt to put one together after work if I find time to do it before Blizzcon starts. I just need to know whether people are interested in all removed recipes or only removed recipes with unique appearances.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  7. #7
    Dreadlord Konteil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    C137 For now......
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I have several characters capable of crafting a couple of removed recipes with unique appearances. For example I have a horde engineer capable of crafting Bloodvine Lens (I can also do Bloodvine Goggles but you can get that appearance from an item that doesn't require engineering).

    I also have an alliance leatherworker with several now-removed recipes such as Deviate Scale armor, most of the recipes from the leatherworking specialist trainers that were removed in Cata, a large quantity of extremely rare world drop recipes, including some that are no longer available like some of the pieces of the Heavy Scorpid set and Stormshroud Gloves (which is a unique appearance).

    I don't have access to the complete list of recipes right now, but I could attempt to put one together after work if I find time to do it before Blizzcon starts. I just need to know whether people are interested in all removed recipes or only removed recipes with unique appearances.
    i can do heavy scorpid set as well as deviate scale set and stormshroud. konteil blades edge NA
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

  8. #8
    You could ask people in the All The Things addon discord if they have the recipes also.

  9. #9
    @Unlimited Power
    Thanks, added the recipes and your name to the list. Which region are you from?

    @Konteil
    Added your name to the list

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Which region are you from?
    I'm from EU. Horde engineer on Draenor and Alliance leatherworker on Dragonmaw. Didn't manage to put together a full list (as I believe I have more than I initially listed) but with Blizzcon ongoing that'll be my focus for now
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans TheWorkingTitle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,745
    Don't forget the cloth section with Belt of the Archmage, Glacial Gloves, etc. I can make them. US Horde
    You think you don't, but you do

  12. #12
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    30,393
    @Plehnard

    I can make the following too, on Argent Dawn - Horde - EU.

    L01: Deviant Scale: Belt Cloak Gloves
    L02: Stormshroud Gloves (Rare drop that was removed in Cataclysm)
    L03: heavy-scorpid-set (Helmet, Shoulder, Chest, Belt)

    - - - Updated - - -
    @Plehnard

    I can also craft the three Bloodsoul armors, those suffered same fate as the Darksoul. Mail armor. On Argent Dawn - Horde - EU

    I can also craft the Bloodvine Lens on Argent Dawn - Horde - EU
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Disclaimer:
    This threat is the result of a small brainstorm we had in the Warrior Transmogrification threat.
    Threat post? Shut it down mods, can't have people threatening others :P
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019

  14. #14
    @Unlimited Power Thanks, added that info.
    @TheWorkingTitle You're a master now!
    @Gehco I think we'll need the grandmaster title for you soon ;D
    @Drusin It's the warrior forum. A class that's not really known for good manners.

  15. #15
    So I finally had the time to sit down and put together a list of removed recipes. I didn't distinguish between unique and shared appearances as I believe some might be interested for the sake of completionism (I know I am personally).

    Leatherworking (Dragonmaw Alliance EU):
    Hide of the Wild
    Deviate Scale Cloak
    Deviate Scale Belt
    Deviate Scale Gloves
    Living Leggings (marked unavaiable by ATT but wowhead suggests otherwise?)
    Heavy Scorpid Leggings
    Heavy Scorpid Shoulders
    Dragonscale Gauntlets
    Stormshroud Gloves
    Wolfshead Helm
    Volcanic Leggings (potentially unavailable based on research)

    Engineering (Draenor Horde EU)
    Bloodvine Lens
    Bloodvine Goggles

    Tailoring (Auchindoun Alliance EU)
    Cindercloth Vest (potentially unavailable based on research)
    Cindercloth Gloves (potentially unavailable based on research)

    I also have a number of still available but very rare world drop recipes such as the Frostsaber leather armor on my leatherworker and various pieces on my tailor which I'll gladly post if people are interested, but the aforementioned concludes my list of unavailable recipes
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  16. #16
    Please don't use the bright green. My eyes.

  17. #17
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    30,393
    @Plehnard

    I can craft these, T01: Belt of the Archmage (Was contained in a Cache in Diremaul, gone with Cataclysm), on Defias Brotherhood - Alliance - EU.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  18. #18
    @Unlimited Power Thanks. I'll add the new ones this evening
    @huth Now it's bright Pink! Just for you!
    @Gehco Thanks Grandmaster Gehco!

  19. #19
    Maybe this site would be useful if you want to check which recipes are missing for yourself?

    Also, aren't almost all TBC rare recipe weapons unique in appearance? You could say Felsteel Longblade is the only one that looks good (and as a seller I can confirm it's pretty much the only one that sells), but then it wouldn't be about unique appearances, but GOOD unique appearances. If not, you should add them to the list (Fel Edged Battleaxe, Khorium Champion, Eternium Runed Blade, Fel Hardened Maul, Felsteel Reaper, Runic Hammer, maybe or maybe not Dirge.)

    Also, Wicked Mithril Blade. Technically available but practically not.

    Lastly, just making sure, the Heavy Scorpid Set is unique? I thought it's the same as the Battered Saurscale set, which is easily available.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

  20. #20
    Deleted
    This thread is cool

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •