Thread: Gold, How?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I would. My time is worth a hell of a lot more than my money and farming gold is the least interesting thing about vanilla, it's an annoyance at best.
    Same. Oh hey time to finally make a lionheart helm. Mindlessly aoe grind on my alt? I'm at the point in my life where I have a hundred disposable bucks a month.

Looking to satisfy that short term goal of mount skill affordability? Pick a spec, stick with it, and only (initially) rank up the skills of importance/relevance. That alone will save you a lot, which is just as important as making it in the first place and not squandering it for things you don't need.
    Last edited by evogsr; 2019-01-18 at 08:25 PM.
    Noob Blocker share link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fgD...ew?usp=sharing

I am not the original author of this addon.

Quote Originally Posted by ignitar View Post
    Same. Oh hey time to finally make a lionheart helm. Mindlessly aoe grind on my alt? I'm at the point in my life where I have a hundred disposable bucks a month.
    You are also going to play a version that isn't going anywhere, so there is zero need to get in a hurry. There is no expansion looming on the horizon lol.

Skinning and mining while leveling. I'll also be spending a lot of time farming the elementals in Arathi for the charms warriors need for their class weapon quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming runecloth and camping blacklotus. Runecloths were one of the way to make exalted rep for factions to obtain faction mount.

Grind Tyrs Hand

As a hunter I used to solo maraudon for cash, If I remember correctly I could earn about ~15g a run and could do 3-5 runs an hour.

Just buy gold from the cash shop, easy.
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    In the day I didn't try to farm gold specifically until after I had hit 60. Prior to that it really just amounted to getting big bags as early as possible, vendoring the junk (grey weapons and armor were worth a considerable amount of silver, in particular), and working the auction house. I wound up doing Skinning and Herbs because the mats were 'free' while I was leveling... I'd just get them from whatever was nearby and skill-up both to the max, without having to make long trips elsewhere, then AH the results. Finding flowers seemed to be quicker than finding minerals. Alchemy also works fairly well as everyone needs pots in classic (unlike modern), even when just out in the world.

Its helpful to have an alt sitting in a capital city that you can mail stuff to, in order to clear your bags without having to travel a ton.

Once I hit 60, which I did on a Warlock first, farming humanoids for cloth and grey gear vendor trash worked best for me. I think its a good idea to level-up a class that can farm quickly first, regardless, because once you have him at 60 you can start funneling gold to your other toons and that makes life much, much easier. Warlock, Mage, or Hunter are the best farmers IMHO, particularly if you get into tagging wars with other players. Also, note that Bliz didn't introduce a fix for DOT tags until mid-BC. In classic, the tag doesn't happen until the first damage tick.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    As a hunter I used to solo maraudon for cash, If I remember correctly I could earn about ~15g a run and could do 3-5 runs an hour.
    You also could sell last boss drops to add more gold per/hour by boosting players. It was a thing before DM opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I would. My time is worth a hell of a lot more than my money and farming gold is the least interesting thing about vanilla, it's an annoyance at best.
    it’s not though.
    hopefully there won’t be any tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    1.7 was the patch we got flasks to persist through death. so... no

I know we will be able to pot the whole fight but i forget which patch introduced battle and guardian elixirs vs flasks.
    wasn’t the elixir shit after classic? at least the ‘making every single buff potion an elixir’ thing sounds more like tbc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    it’s not though.
    hopefully there won’t be any tokens.
    Tokens maybe not but you can buy from gold farmers :P

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    You are also going to play a version that isn't going anywhere, so there is zero need to get in a hurry. There is no expansion looming on the horizon lol.
    This cant be more from the truth lol.
    Just wait and see, the vanilla wow servers will eventually go on to become TBC servers and so on... it will never stay vanilla forever, thats just too good to be true, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardrake View Post
    Just wait and see, the vanilla wow servers will eventually go on to become TBC servers and so on... it will never stay vanilla forever, thats just too good to be true, sadly.
    They may add them, but the vanilla servers will not convert in to TBC ones. They may allow you too move to them, but upgrading the Vanilla servers to TBC would defeat the entire purpose of why they have stated they are doing this.

When AQ was released I got tons of money farming the alchemy recipie for nature protection that dropped from blobs in a cave in plaguelands. 1000G a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Tokens maybe not but you can buy from gold farmers :P
    Very true >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Wardrake View Post
    Vanilla servers will never convert. They already confirmed this.
    Maybe they will have an option to transfer to TBC one day but it will never be forced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Camp the First Aid book vendor in Alterac, he was the only place you could get it apart from a low drop chance in instances.

Another way is to make groups for Onyxia and ninja the recipes and gold like our guild masters did all the time. Don't get me started on Bijou drops in Zul-Gurub, corrupt times indeed.