Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    You seem to confused your original argument. Go back and reread the garbage you typed then reply.
    You're the one pretending industry competitors don't copy what's popular, not me.

I can't because i am not wasting time into looking into that number. My argument is not contingent of the quality of games NetEase released in the past. Didn't know you read Mandarin. Must of been tiresome for you to play 33+ games to make judgements for yourself. Almost like having a market of over 600 million customers leads to higher demand and higher turnovers for games leading to a lax in quality control to meet demand.

But no. It's not that, its that they are a bad company of bad people making bad games. Right?
    Yes? Why are you still disputing that these games aren't quick cash-ins, despite that being the publicly accepted opinion?

You lack comprehension and understanding of how games are developed so you are creating a severe overgeneralization. "It's mostly a reskin" does not make any sense when taking the SDLC and CDPL of a game into consideration and you know so little that you are making objectively false statements and wearing your ignorance on your sleeve like it is something to be proud about.
    Go ahead then. Prove NetEase's games aren't reskins of each other, if you're so convinced that NetEase puts anything beyond the bare minimum amount of effort required to make these games.

Do you really think Blizzard will allow Diablo Immortal to be filled with a bunch of aggressive ad campaigns?
    Considering they have no problems with their brand being associated with a piece of shit mobile game, yes.

This is also something a delusional person would say. Being delusional in and of itself is not a bad thing. We all have our own delusions from time to time. Its when you spend this much time, effort and energy being wrong on the internet that makes it sad.
    So every single press article and impression from BlizzCon attendies is an outright lie? Do you have any idea what your talking about?

You may think you're trolling for the lulz. But the problem with "pretending to be intellectually challenged" is that once you convinced someone that you are intellectually challenged, there is no way convincing them otherwise.

It's time to stop.
    You're the one who's resorting to insults instead of actually trying to refute any of my arguments. To anyone reading this thread, you're the troll.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Here is a clip that shows the interface is also Chinese copy paste, the only thing they did was re-skin.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AbstemiousPh...ropicAppleMcaT
    DI looks completely different than the video he tried to compare it too. Looks nothing alike lol. You guys are just making crap up. DI looks like a better version of D3 on the pc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    Activision heads are laughing motherfuckingly and rubbing their grubby paws together sinisterly. This is EXACTLY why they partnered with Netease: Cash grab for little effort beyond a reskinning of an existing game and going all in that the Diablo name alone will sell it to the audience.
    I'd like to see how their monetization shakes out. They are typically pretty generous with the first season of their releases and then sticks it to their customers after that.

With the huge backlash, they'll make the first season overly generous for sure.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Had this come as part of a larger Diablo 2 HD/D3 expansion/D4 announcement I doubt the reaction would have been anywhere near that. But the first new Diablo game since 2012 being some shitty mobile grindfest? Holy smokes.

I feel really, really bad for Diablo fans having their favorite license sacrificed on the altar of predatory microtransaction money. Whatever mistakes Blizzard in regards to their other games, we have never seen this level of disrespect.
    I think it all boils down to this. Blizzard either:

1)
    didn't know that the backlash would be this severe, which would imply they are WILDLY out of touch with their playerbase.
    2) did know it, but didn't care a iota, which is rude as rude can be.

It says a lot about Blizzard's attitude towards their most loyal fans
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I don't hate Diablo Immortal. I was surprised how intuitive the controls were when I played the demo.

But no one asked for it.

Playing game on mobile with a six inch screen and fiddling with tiny controls will never offer the same capabilities as being able to lay back in a chair with a two foot monitor and a keyboard and mouse. It's a regression.

First with BFA, and now Diablo Immortal, Blizzard seems utterly out of touch with their fan's desires. The questions posed at the Q&As and the crowd reactions to them were most evident.

Imagine being this wrong on the internet. Do some research before you make ostensibly false statements.

I will only lose my time answering this one... since I am feed up with blizzard whiteknights.

Did you ever played Warhammer tabletop? Or read any Warhammer novel? Did you knew that Warcraft I & Warcraft II orcs and humans is a spin off from the same races that exist in Warhammer (WAAAAGGHHH became Horde, Chaos became Burning legion). The "Warcraft universe" you know, came from the changes introduced with Warcraft III (not to mention the huge renaming of units that came with TFT).

Why did you think Warcraft III is so important for Blizzard? Why they don't made a "reforged" Warcraft and Warcraft II? Why da frak you think Blizzard moves earth and heaven to retcon Warcraft Lore to erase what happened on both games? Did you ever know that when they were planning Warcraft I they tried to license Warhammer?

Allen Adham hoped to obtain a license to the Warhammer universe to try to increase sales by brand recognition. Warhammer was a huge inspiration for the art-style of Warcraft, but a combination of factors, including a lack of traction on business terms and a fervent desire on the part of virtually everyone else on the development team (myself included) to control our own universe nixed any potential for a deal.
    https://www.codeofhonor.com/blog/the...arcraft-part-1

Starcraft is a spin off from Warhammer 40k, this is OBVIOUS and there is nothing wrong with it (Warhammer 40k is a huge spin off from Starship troopers).

Protoss = Eldar - old race, bound by religion, webway users
    Zerg = Tyranids - power of numbers, hiveminds chitin/insectoid like beings...
    Terrans = Empire of Man, holy site of Terra, Space marines...

And to be honest had they stayed with the "grim dark theme", Starcraft 2 wouldn't had the mediocre lore it had.

So, Diablo is the only IP that blizzard created from scratch, without largely "borrowing" stuff from other IPs. But guess what? Diablo wasn't made by the Warcraft/Starcraft folks (Blizzard "South"), it was made by Blizzard North - which is long gone and took with it the "Diablo magic".

10+ Year Old Account
    After going through the forums I feel like I might be the one person who's genuinely interested in playing this as soon as it comes out...

Do i really seem like someone who's interested in the opinion of the majority when the majority opinion goes against reality? Literally everything you said above is absolute speculation and conjecture with nothing but your "opinion" to back it up. I don't care about your opinion.
    Okay dude, keep living in your own little world where everyone loves this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    After going through the forums I feel like I might be the one person who's genuinely interested in playing this as soon as it comes out...
    Nah, I'm already talking to my coworkers about playing it. We had a good conversation about D2 vs D3 today as well. Truthfully I'd prefer a PC game but that's not going to stop me from enjoying DI. I can definitely see the value in not having to be tethered to one room to play a video game.

While having a mobile game isn't what the majority wanted to see at Blizzcon, I feel that either a hand-held console or mobile release is a good idea when it comes to tying in lore between Diablo 2 and 3. Had it been a PC game it would feel off to be playing events we've already know about from 6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayerel View Post
    While having a mobile game isn't what the majority wanted to see at Blizzcon, I feel that either a hand-held console or mobile release is a good idea when it comes to tying in lore between Diablo 2 and 3. Had it been a PC game it would feel off to be playing events we've already know about from 6 years ago.
    Honestly my biggest problem with the game is that it looks like a phone reskin of Diablo 3. They even copypasted the classes. If it is meant to bridge the gap between these games then why not include equal Diablo 2 elements.

Digging this thread from the sands of time to just link this.

https://mmoculture.com/2019/03/diabl...unch-schedule/

So it seems Blizzard is waiting for D:I release while the game sounds like done and ready to ship. Maybe it's market analysis, maybe it's damage control, maybe it's waiting for the hate to die down a little more and avoid even more damage.

Maybe they're just not sure about what they're doing.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Digging this thread from the sands of time to just link this.

https://mmoculture.com/2019/03/diabl...unch-schedule/

So it seems Blizzard is waiting for D:I release while the game sounds like done and ready to ship. Maybe it's market analysis, maybe it's damage control, maybe it's waiting for the hate to die down a little more and avoid even more damage.

Maybe they're just not sure about what they're doing.
    you would hope even ignorant business executives would listen to the sound of the crowd at a fucking BLIZZCON.

Deft silence to a title release should raise alarm bells depite how little you play games, thats basic business common sense.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

How can i not agree.

They could have just said "D4 is in dev, we would have wanted to show you something but since we're aiming for perfection here's something you can dabble in the meanwhile as minor as it can be".
    Instead they pushed D:I as if it was a major entry for the franchise.

We all know mobile is the new field of raking free money, so it's absurd to think that they wouldn't have done a mobile game. Look at WoW pet battles, they could be easily a mobile hit and i know lots of people who are just dying for it. Also Diablo as a dungeon crawler makes sense - even if there are countless others in the store already.

The whole fiasco generated on how they managed to disrupt anything "good" could have been said and instead going the "BUT YOU MUST PLAY IT" route. The fact testing booths at BCon were empty means something.

But what i hate more is seeing my beloved Diablo legacy butchered in this way. I expect D4 being an awesome game, but simply not Diablo.

EDIT: i don't think D:I is going to be canceled. Only delayed more because D4 is taking so long, but this way from bad it becomes just irrelevant to anyone and basically ignored by most people. And this means a lot of lost money.

UNTIL they put stupid stuff like "reach lvl 99 in D:I to unlock this cosmetic in D4".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromu View Post
    I will only lose my time answering this one... since I am feed up with blizzard whiteknights.

Did you ever played Warhammer tabletop? Or read any Warhammer novel? Did you knew that Warcraft I & Warcraft II orcs and humans is a spin off from the same races that exist in Warhammer (WAAAAGGHHH became Horde, Chaos became Burning legion). The "Warcraft universe" you know, came from the changes introduced with Warcraft III (not to mention the huge renaming of units that came with TFT).

Why did you think Warcraft III is so important for Blizzard? Why they don't made a "reforged" Warcraft and Warcraft II? Why da frak you think Blizzard moves earth and heaven to retcon Warcraft Lore to erase what happened on both games? Did you ever know that when they were planning Warcraft I they tried to license Warhammer?

https://www.codeofhonor.com/blog/the...arcraft-part-1

Starcraft is a spin off from Warhammer 40k, this is OBVIOUS and there is nothing wrong with it (Warhammer 40k is a huge spin off from Starship troopers).

Protoss = Eldar - old race, bound by religion, webway users
    Zerg = Tyranids - power of numbers, hiveminds chitin/insectoid like beings...
    Terrans = Empire of Man, holy site of Terra, Space marines...

And to be honest had they stayed with the "grim dark theme", Starcraft 2 wouldn't had the mediocre lore it had.

So, Diablo is the only IP that blizzard created from scratch, without largely "borrowing" stuff from other IPs. But guess what? Diablo wasn't made by the Warcraft/Starcraft folks (Blizzard "South"), it was made by Blizzard North - which is long gone and took with it the "Diablo magic".
    And if Condor, who became Blizzard North, and Brevik had their way, Diablo would have been a turn based combat system and the game would have sucked. That is the reason people though it looked like it was a claymation styled game. It was not designed for real time combat or movement. Once Blizzard south saw the nearly finished product, they asked if the combat could be real time. Brevik didn't want to but they did. If Blizzard didn't intervene, we would more than likely not be looking at a D2, D3, and complaining about a mobile game.
    Last edited by SirBeef; 2019-03-09 at 12:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    You do you my dude. I cannot play mobile games for the fatc they give me eye strain and motion sickness. Unless it's minesweeper then I am fine lol.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    you would hope even ignorant business executives would listen to the sound of the crowd at a fucking BLIZZCON.

Deft silence to a title release should raise alarm bells depite how little you play games, thats basic business common sense.
    Basic business common sense is to go here and see for yourself the stats about this game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en

Because D:I is basically a reskin of this game with custom world and characters. We can see 1m+ installs and 4.3 score there.

D:I is not the game WE want, but let's not pretend it won't be a financial success, which is what "ignorant business executives" want. D:I will definitely be well liked and played, even if I personally would much rather see actual D4 instead of various side projects.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Basic business common sense is to go here and see for yourself the stats about this game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en

Because D:I is basically a reskin of this game with custom world and characters. We can see 1m+ installs and 4.3 score there.

D:I is not the game WE want, but let's not pretend it won't be a financial success, which is what "ignorant business executives" want. D:I will definitely be well liked and played, even if I personally would much rather see actual D4 instead of various side projects.
    Pretty much this.

Corporations don't care about *you*. They care about money that can be drained from as many wallets as possible. If they can sucker $100 from 2 suckers in lieu of $15 from you, they are going to go after those 2 suckers every single time. This is how business works...and top executives live and die by this rule.

This is true for all corporations. Large gaming companies, car companies, tech companies, service companies, etc, etc. None of them care about *you*...they all only care about maximizing profits, and they aren't particular about the source of those profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Because D:I is basically a reskin of this game
    I don't really like or want D:I, but people saying it's a reskin is a pet peeve of mine.

Saying D:I is a reskin of other NetEase games, especially at this point, is as true and relevant as saying Starcraft is a reskin of Warcraft II. Or that Heroes of the Storm is a reskin of Starcraft 2.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2019-03-28 at 11:23 AM.

A lot of people here thinking "Corporations" are just some evil nonsensical organizations that they see on movies or TV..

A lot of corporations are run by very smart and intellectual managers and have a strong board safeguarding them who understand the value of the "brand". This move might be a profitable one in the short run but it will massively dilute the name of both blizzard and diablo brands which no upper level manager ever approve in 2019. Brands count for a larger part of the "value" of a company then the products these days and it affects everything for market value, stock price, to credit, to interest rates and terms etc..

This is in no way a smart move if you look at it from a brand building perspective and they would have people that know it. This move suggest that they are cash cowing the diablo franchise as a whole and I wouldn't expect any more big invest into that brand or game..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    A lot of corporations are run by very smart and intellectual managers and have a strong board safeguarding them who understand the value of the "brand". This move might be a profitable one in the short run but it will massively dilute the name of both blizzard and diablo brands which no upper level manager ever approve in 2019. Brands count for a larger part of the "value" of a company then the products these days and it affects everything for market value, stock price, to credit, to interest rates and terms etc..

This is in no way a smart move if you look at it from a brand building perspective and they would have people that know it. This move suggest that they are cash cowing the diablo franchise as a whole and I wouldn't expect any more big invest into that brand or game..
    I think you contradict yourself there.

The reality is that everyone and their mothers look to break into Mobile market nowadays, because the future of gaming is there and not in your box of screws and bolts under the table.

In addition to this being a pretty safe bet, this also gives Blizzard yet another stepping stone in mobile, where they need to build their presence and brand preparing for the future.

So yes, it is ran by people who know a bit more about business development than a random forum derp.