Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
  1. #461
    I mean this game will do great financially. No doubt about it. It'll definitely have P2A/convenience or flat out P2W in so people will swipe their card at it.

    However. What is best financially is not always best for the fans.

    They should NOT have just announced this at Blizzcon. An event where the majority of people are pc/console gamers/fans. Especially when the game in question is just Netease asset flipping one of their other mobile games.

    And the smug as hell "don't you guys have phones" was just rubbing salt in the wound.

  2. #462
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They should NOT have just announced this at Blizzcon. An event where the majority of people are pc/console gamers/fans. Especially when the game in question is just Netease asset flipping one of their other mobile games.
    Which game have they asset flipped? I'd like to give it a go before D:I comes out.

  3. #463
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    ill just play it on PC with Bluestacks lol
    So Ill have to setup a shady cracked system to play a pay2win cashgrab game that I pretty mich already played for like 6 years? Not a good plan.

  4. #464
    Question to people that most likely know alot more then i do. It's a mobile game, granted. But if i get an emulator on pc (like droid4X or Nox), any chances it's going to work?

  5. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Question to people that most likely know alot more then i do. It's a mobile game, granted. But if i get an emulator on pc (like droid4X or Nox), any chances it's going to work?
    Maybe, more importantly, why the hell would you do that for a subpar product. You cant even buy lootboxes to make it playable.

  6. #466
    Anyone know when this game is being released?

  7. #467
    Elemental Lord Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkayokay View Post
    Anyone know when this game is being released?
    No release date yet announced.
    "Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat—that's the key" - Geralt of Rivia

  8. #468
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    20,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkayokay View Post
    Anyone know when this game is being released?
    I wouldn't be suprised if they even canceled the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  9. #469
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    27,366
    Random thoughts:
    • I can just imagine the uproar, even among those that have hated the whole idea from the start, if D:I releases in China for a few months and nowhere else. Smart move to hold it back.
    • People should get used to Blizzcon not being a PC-exclusive convention going forward.
    • The game has too much in the way of revenue potential to be cancelled. However see first point if it's cancelled everywhere except China.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

    To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Nothing so needs reforming as other people's opinions."

  10. #470
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Random thoughts:
    • I can just imagine the uproar, even among those that have hated the whole idea from the start, if D:I releases in China for a few months and nowhere else. Smart move to hold it back.
    • People should get used to Blizzcon not being a PC-exclusive convention going forward.
    • The game has too much in the way of revenue potential to be cancelled. However see first point if it's cancelled everywhere except China.
    1. The uproar isn't because of that. It's because it was ALL that was announced at Blizzcon for Diablo. Not even a 20 second teaser for D4 which we know for a fact is in the works.

    2. Maybe they should give a huge heads up then rather than just say "oh we working on a mobile title". Those people who spend a metric fuckton to go there are mostly PC/Console gamers. And the reaction to DI from people actually there speaks volumes.

    3. Nobody is saying it should be cancelled. Doesn't mean it's a shitty thing to do to fans who were expecting Diablo 4. Especially when Diablo 3 is basically on life support.

  11. #471
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    27,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    1. The uproar isn't because of that. It's because it was ALL that was announced at Blizzcon for Diablo. Not even a 20 second teaser for D4 which we know for a fact is in the works.
    The uproar that I imagined and wrote about if D:I was released in China and only in China has nothing at all to do with the announcement at Blizzcon. The rather infantile reactions to Blizzard not saying what people wanted them to say in exactly the way they wanted Blizzard to say it have nothing whatsoever to do with my point. Hypocrisy abounds. If D:I is made available only in China, people who hang around MMO-C for years on end specifically to beat up on Blizzard will have things to say about that. Present company included.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

    To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Nothing so needs reforming as other people's opinions."

  12. #472
    I'll probably try it, but I'm a filthy casual when it comes to Diablo

    The announcement was such a misstep though, can't believe they couldn't predict that reaction

  13. #473
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I wouldn't be suprised if they even canceled the whole thing.
    Doubtful. They couldn't care less about the outrage among Western fans, it's not the market they made it for. The millions upon millions of Chinese wallets readily spewing cash into the next mobile game hype are their goal. And they're sure to get SOME money out of the West, too, even if it's not a smash hit.

  14. #474
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Doubtful. They couldn't care less about the outrage among Western fans, it's not the market they made it for. The millions upon millions of Chinese wallets readily spewing cash into the next mobile game hype are their goal. And they're sure to get SOME money out of the West, too, even if it's not a smash hit.
    It's not even like that. Their target are all the masses of young players that stay most of their time on the phones - hell fortnite made a huge jump when they released the mobile client.

    We're not the target for that game. We may try it for teh lulz or even be fond of it, but sure as hell no one is going to pay something for it and more likely going to uninstall as soon the grind becomes gated behind a paywall as it will obviously be.

    I tried ES:Blades and while i was baffled by the visual quality it immediately shown as a basic point-click-buy thing that gives literally ZERO involvement or even resembles an ES game, save for the standard character appearances. D:I will be just the same - a crappy mash-these-buttons action game that will just disappear in the mix of thousands other games on the app stores.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  15. #475
    The most interesting part of all this is people acting like its a sure bet. I think there is a very mistaken idea that something having a big reputation on pc translates to mobile but i doubt many of the soccar moms spending billions over candy crushes lifespan have even heard of it. Diablo Immortal has to compete with so much effervescent clicker crap and habit forming gachas that i dont think its the guaranteed success people used to diablo as a pc gamer expect. We all saw the articles about the blizzard people sent to have sit down meetings with their Chinese partners to be told how to develop a mobage, it could honestly flop and just be lost in a vertible ocean of games most of us who aren't glued to our phones 24/7 have no idea about just as the people who do play games for hours of every day during long commutes have never heard of brands we consider gaming giants.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  16. #476
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The most interesting part of all this is people acting like its a sure bet. I think there is a very mistaken idea that something having a big reputation on pc translates to mobile but i doubt many of the soccar moms spending billions over candy crushes lifespan have even heard of it. Diablo Immortal has to compete with so much effervescent clicker crap and habit forming gachas that i dont think its the guaranteed success people used to diablo as a pc gamer expect. We all saw the articles about the blizzard people sent to have sit down meetings with their Chinese partners to be told how to develop a mobage, it could honestly flop and just be lost in a vertible ocean of games most of us who aren't glued to our phones 24/7 have no idea about just as the people who do play games for hours of every day during long commutes have never heard of brands we consider gaming giants.
    it'll be a success because of how little effort is required, how little content needs to be made, and the fact that MTX will be everywhere and fools will part with their money for some "gems"
    Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.
    "Do you guys not have phones?"
    "You think you do, but you don't"

  17. #477
    Every few weeks I come here to see if the tablet version is already launched...

    Still nothing, what a shame.

    To make my point: I will be buying the latest iPad just like the latest Surface Book for WoW Classic.

    DIABLO is pure gold on mobile. Fans who complain have no idea.

    The story of D is absurd, the game play is hack n slash, the meaning behind it all is a time waster and running through the content is complete nonsense, so the franchise is purely made for mobile gaming actually.

    When I look at these elements and SEE how everyone is wasting their lives on the internet through their mobiles ... the game is DYNAMITE for success....

    I will NEVER understand this video player crowd.

    I think D3 vanilla WITH both Auction Houses was the best video game I ever played bar WoW for its first 5 years. After paying for decades in Arcades to play video games, I actually could earn money through playing.

    Then they killed it. So silly.

    A pity children don’t get it...

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-05-09 at 06:45 AM.

  18. #478
    The way video games are going, with mobile games, facebook games etc, makes me ill to my stomach.

    However, IF there are some kind of bonus from buying this game, like lets say a pair of Wings in Diablo 3 or a pet in World of Warcraft, sadly, I will buy it cause I am still a huge collector of such things for Blizzards PC games. :/

    Otherwise, NEVER!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •