Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    How would you know there arent true diablo fans who actually are happy about this? Playing their fauvorite game on their cellphones. You and me may disagree about releasing Diablo Immortal to mobiles. As much as I hate to admit, the game actually looks fun to play. The only sting is, it cant be played on PC.
    Those are shills, not fans. Fans point out when something is turning into shit. Shills meanwhile mindlessly defend it. They are the perfect idiots for corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Those are shills, not fans. Fans point out when something is turning into shit. Shills meanwhile mindlessly defend it. They are the perfect idiots for corporations.
    So, unless they have the same opinion as you, people arent true fans, idiots and mindless... Thats just a idiotic statement, and quite offensive to tell you the truth. My opinion about Diablo Immortal is pretty negative in terms how they belittled the playerbase by saying stuff such as "dont you guys have phones", nor will it be released for PC. But if someone would happen to pick up and start playing diablo immortal, and enjoy it, who am I to say "how dare you to have fun", which seems to be the case in the forums nowadays.

So, unless they have the same opinion as you, people arent true fans, idiots and mindless... Thats just a idiotic statement, and quite offensive to tell you the truth. My opinion about Diablo Immortal is pretty negative in terms how they belittled the playerbase by saying stuff such as "dont you guys have phones", nor will it be released for PC. But if someone would happen to pick up and start playing diablo immortal, and enjoy it, who am I to say "how dare you to have fun", which seems to be the case in the forums nowadays.
    Enjoying blatant cashgrabs only validates the corporations to continue the exploitation, making it worse for everyone.

Enjoying blatant cashgrabs only validates the corporations to continue the exploitation, making it worse for everyone.
    Not always... Lots of games that has ingame stores can still be successfull, such as LoL, Fortnite etc etc. That doesnt mean players arent allowed to enjoy whatever they want to play.

Not always... Lots of games that has ingame stores can still be successfull, such as LoL, Fortnite etc etc. That doesnt mean players arent allowed to enjoy whatever they want to play.
    Both of the games you listed are ONLY successful because of the in-game shop. Not in spite of it.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the same old elitism you find across gaming forums, pay it no mind.

It seems like this is a generational thing.

WE wanted to pay once for a game, play it, delete it, forget it.
    We wanted to stand out with our newest cell phones, cool-looking clothing, jewelry, maybe boasted with our girlfriends, cars, motorcycles, etc.

The new generation wants to spend money too, and they want to stand out, too! They grown up in a world where nothing has value but to spend money. What else do they spend on? Buying a house? Nope that won't work.
    Why buy a car when you can stay at home and play-chat-etc with your friends? Almost all their friends are online, they rarely even meet in person.

Get used to it "granpa".

It's not really about what it is. It is about where they announced it and whom they announced it to. Only the most hardcore Blizzard fans attend(actually paid to be there) Blizzcon. From that audience there weren't many people who wanted a mobile diablo game, when we've been waiting announcement for a true continuation on PC ever since they hyped us up on 2016 going to that Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    It's not really about what it is. It is about where they announced it and whom they announced it to. Only the most hardcore Blizzard fans attend(actually paid to be there) Blizzcon. From that audience there weren't many people who wanted a mobile diablo game, when we've been waiting announcement for a true continuation on PC ever since they hyped us up on 2016 going to that Blizzcon.
    Good God, do I stand uncorrected. Your arguement doesnt make any sense whatsoever. Diablo Immortal is a Blizzard game, announced at their very own convention. Yes, we were hyped by blizzard blues that teased us with upcoming diablo announcements, we werent expecting this. That doesn't mean "if you are true diablo fan, you must hate everything about Diablo Immortal. If you so much like anything about it, you were never a fan".

Even if that statement is true, the fact that a person is capable of having a different opinion from you and enjoying the game is also true. That doesn't make them any less of a fan of a franchise than you, that makes them someone with a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Even if that statement is true, the fact that a person is capable of having a different opinion from you and enjoying the game is also true. That doesn't make them any less of a fan of a franchise than you, that makes them someone with a different opinion.
    Someone with a different (incorrect) opinion, also known as a dupe, or an idiot.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-09-18 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Someone with a different (incorrect) opinion, also known as a dupe, or an idiot.
    I'd love to hear your thoughts, tell me more.

Good God, do I stand uncorrected. Your arguement doesnt make any sense whatsoever. Diablo Immortal is a Blizzard game, announced at their very own convention. Yes, we were hyped by blizzard blues that teased us with upcoming diablo announcements, we werent expecting this. That doesn't mean "if you are true diablo fan, you must hate everything about Diablo Immortal. If you so much like anything about it, you were never a fan".
    Your statement is right - hating or loving D:I has nothing to do with being either a Blizzard or Diablo fan - the whole PR fiasco could be avoided in two simple steps. First, avoid hype generation (which they tried but "too little, too late") and second targeting the right playerbase.

At Blizzcon, most people are old time players that are used to a certain kind of product and look towards something akin to it = the Diablo trilogy games. A mobile game is a possibly nice addition to it, but it's not worth of a major announcement spot and it's been clear that the backlash has been immense, only for this reason.

Unfortunately "mobile" and "gaming" don't really go together from a PR point of view. While business-wise it's extremely successful it tends to alienate old playerbase which is usually the most vocal and visible around.

If last year Blizzcon went something like a small video about "we're doing D4, we don't have much/anything to show but we're doing it, stay tuned" and then "meanwhile, you can get your hands on this mobile side game" there would have been much less issues (while some people would have complained nontheless). What has been bafling for me the most was the clear fact that Blizzard really thought D:I was worth a major spot at BCon and that they were totally unprepared for the huge amount of backlash, with stuff like the "don't you have phones" thing. They mismanaged everything at that point, and the silence from there is only the way to make so next BCon they don't miss the shot.

We all know that this BCon will have something for Diablo, and D:I it's just a part of that.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    You're a clown.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-09-18 at 08:37 AM.

Stop the useless bickering already.

Hoes does it make it worse for everyone when it's good for the ones enjoying it?

This weird fetish of "there is only one right opinion and it's mine" is what's wrong with everything. Hell, the game is mostly developed by netEase with supervision from blizzard so it's not like much of the development time is taking away from "true fan games". They misshandled the promotion of the game, sure. But the game and games have their market otherwise they wouldn't be so popular.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-09-18 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Hoes does it make it worse for everyone when it's good for the ones enjoying it?

This weird fetish of "there is only one right opinion and it's mine" is what's wrong with everything. Hell, the game is mostly developed by netEase with supervision from blizzard so it's not like much of the development time is taking away from "true fan games". They misshandled the promotion of the game, sure. But the game and games have their market otherwise they wouldn't be so popular.
    Im not a diablo fan but....

mishandled the promotion for it? They literally mishandled everything. Mishandled isn't even the right word, they absolutely fucked it, royally fucked it up.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

mishandled the promotion for it? They literally mishandled everything. Mishandled isn't even the right word, they absolutely fucked it, royally fucked it up.
    Like? So far the only thing I've seen they misshandled is the promotion and reveal at blizzcon. Hyping it up as a big event which is mostly attended by PC gamers to reveal a mobile game...

What else?

I want Diablo 4 as much as anyone else... I just don't hate a mobile game that isn't even developed by blizzard because it has close to zero impact of the development on Diablo 4 due to that fact. I will probably try it out and let it exist for people who enjoy it. I don't need to hate the mobile game to want Diablo 4.

Is this game even coming out? Not heard anything about it since last blizzcon announcement and thats almost 1 year ago now, mobile games cant take that long to make? and it seemed mostly finished at blizzcon as well

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

Well, yes and no. D:I has been presented in the worst way imaginable. Doesn't automatically mean that D4 or whatever it's coming next will be the worst thing imaginable.

If anything, now Blizzard has both the experience on what NOT to do and the chance of redeeming itself. I'll wait for conclusions after Blizzcon.