Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailson Mendes View Post
    Warlocks do make sense, you should stop calling people dense when you are the wrong, where is te proof of how zandalari did exile warlocks? warlocks is not just demon magic, but also shadow magic, and trolls use plenty
    Gotta love all these special people who constantly like to go in other classes threads and share their idiotic opinions on matters that don't concern them. More than 1/3 of current Race/Class combinations don't make sense or had lore retconed, or were just added because Blizz felt like it, but suddenly all these special people have a problem with Zandalari being Warlocks. And we are the "dense" ones.

Like Jailson, myself, and anyone with any knowledge of lock lore knows, the main school of magic of Locks is Shadow. Zandalari use plenty of Shadow and Fire magic already. In any case if Blizzard wanted to they could create any knew story for any RACE and CLASS to make sense. None of this is set in stone, it's creative fiction. Sadly this is another concept that so many players simply can't understand.
    Last edited by Shefu; 2018-11-08 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    Maybe you guys should read the lore 2? Even if the Pandaren don't like them, it's in their nature and culture to help others if they truly mean it. Having pandaren monks in the horde now (you know, when you create a pandaren and decide to be horde or alliance), and they being loyal to the horde, wouldn't they be capable of teaching the newcomers their ways of the monk if they want to learn them? And i'm sure the pandaren on the horde like Talanji (don't know if that is the correct name right now) and her way of leadership and that makes it easier to get over harm done in the past, specially if Zul, who is the real culprit is now dead and the actual zandalari hates his ways.

My god, you guys are dense and should try to read between the lines more and take into account possible races/character development and the way they could treat something, not just "OMG in pandaria zandalari attacked, they can't be monks. THE END" the same as the demoniacs argument, something from 2004 that they haven't said that is still canon, remember that they adapted the lore 2 years ago and changed stuff. The zandalari as they are now they exile anyone who tries to be a warlock, so, if that is the rule of the ACTUAL kingdom of the zandalari, do you think that when they join forces with the horde they will bring the warlocks they don't have because they exile them?

P.D: Sorry for my english :S
    Following this logic you can explain pretty much every single race/class combo.

Oh X race taught race Y class Z.

Oh Demon Hunters are now in the Horde so they area teaching every race how to be a demon hunter.

Oh Bood Elves paladins now opened training yards for every able bodied soul to be become a paladin.

Etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FecundDecay View Post
    Same point can be made for the "main sources of wow information;" if a majority of them are either speculating or simply reporting on the same datamined content, then their "information" is really just doubly unreliable. I can certainly understand being disappointed if a racial/class option isn't available that you were hoping for - I was really hoping the Zandalari druid aquatic form would be one of those awesome sea turtles that swim around Zuldazar, so I'm disappointed about that - but you shouldn't assume things will be one way or the other until you know. Otherwise you're only setting yourself up for disappointment, and then trying to pin that disappointment on Blizzard... it's really not their fault people data-mine content still in development, or that various YouTube channels tend to report that content like it's gospel.
    You don't like mesosaurus? i think it looks gorgeous.

Zandalari are mean't to be dinomancers and they also prefer predatory species. Not to mention mesosaurus looks like pre-shark form, and Zandalari had a temple for Shark-Loa (until Naga sacked it).
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Alliance have two Allied classes with warlocks, Horde has one. I was 'probably' going to resub for 8.1, Zandalari Warlocks was one of those reasons (not a main reason), but this decision pisses me off, it's completely unneeded and It just doesn't make sense, another 'FUN DETECTED' move from Blizzard.

My biggest issues with removing warlock from the line up is that it’s been several months since it was posted that warlocks were gonna be available thus everyone’s doubt if paladins were being given to Zandalaris too. It’s not just some random slide they made an error on. The script for that nights announcement and the original statement of classes available were in error as well? When I first saw the announcement at BlizzCon I immediately saw the class/race combo was imbalanced for allied races with horde having one more than alliance however instead of just caving and giving the KulTirans mage to =8 classes they then removed lock from Zandalari which then threw the balance off skewed the other way.

So yeah. End rant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    It really isn't, both paladins and Warlocks exist in their society unlike monks, yet here we are.
    There are Zandalari Warlocks?
    Scarlet Briar: Let's play "Giant club vs. Overripe Fruit." I'll be the club.

Scarlet Briar: Careful now. Death by cannonball would be funny, but killing you myself is actual fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Pandaren started the practice but they aren't the only masters now. In fact, I'm technically the leader of the Monks now (being made a Grandmaster in Legion) and I'm an Orc. There are also a bunch of notable Monk masters that are not Pandas that could teach the Monk ways to the Zanda.

Although you can argue that the Pandarens would probably leave the Horde once they learn we are working with and joining up with the Zandas. The ONLY reason why they didn't leave Horde is because that would disrupt gameplay. The writers pretty much have to ignore the decades of slavery Zandas put the Pandas in in order to make them not just straight up ditch the Horde.
    Zandalari were not enslaving pandaren, they were allies to Mogu who were subjucating them, true, but Zandalari themselves loath slavery and think it's beneth them. They attacked Pandaren back in the past to get their territories once Lei Shen died.
    And many thousand years later followers of Zul assaulted to resurrect Lei Shen. Which is something that Rastakhan forbid.

We know from Vol'Jin's book that some Zandalari actuallly sided with Pandaren to defeat Mogu which made Taran Zhu realize that not everyone are the same.
    And the playable Zandalari were also fighting against Mogu.

The pandaren that are teaching Horde members are Huojin so if they're with Horde since mop and were leveling through Zandalar they deffinietly saw Rastakhan's point of view and that Zandalari are fighting against Mogu.

It's not perfect explanation, but there is.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappyzilla View Post
    There are Zandalari Warlocks?
    Demoniacs, they've were mentioned in vanilla quests by the Zandalari.

This 'every race wants to learn to be monks' is so dumb. I remember the days when class/ race combos were based on lore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    We know from Vol'Jin's book that some Zandalari actuallly sided with Pandaren to defeat Mogu which made Taran Zhu realize that not everyone are the same. And the playable Zandalari were also fighting against Mogu.
    No, Taran Zhu came forth with that idea, which Vol'jin corrected him on that it was extremely unlikely considering how the Zandalari were back then. Taran Zhu did point out however that there was always a few rebellious (can't come up with a better word) among every population.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    No, Taran Zhu came forth with that idea, which Vol'jin corrected him on that it was extremely unlikely considering how the Zandalari were back then. Taran Zhu did point out however that there was always a few rebellious (can't come up with a better word) among every population.
    Ow I must've got that wrong, it was long since I read about it. Thanks for correction.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by ArchbishopBenedictus View Post
    This 'every race wants to learn to be monks' is so dumb. I remember the days when class/ race combos were based on lore...
    Honestly Blizzard seems to have no goddamn idea what they're doing with race/class combos at this point.

Lightforged Draenei can't be Monks, yet there's apparently a goddamn fight in Dazar'alor against a Lightforged Draenei Monk.

Honestly they're just throwing ideas at the wall at this point, and they aren't even waiting to see what sticks.

I think the main reason why they removed the warlocks is because the Darkspear trolls already can be warlocks,so they decided to make them more unique,like they do with the allied races - mag'har can't be locks etc,so that everyone doesn't reroll the new "cooler versions". Though, in the case of the dwarves and dark irons,the only difference between them is that the Bronzebeard dwarves can be death knights - and thats it.

I also agree about the monks - some races,like undead monks,make no sense lore wise.
    Last edited by Felixon; 2018-11-09 at 10:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Demoniacs, they've were mentioned in vanilla quests by the Zandalari.
    Ahh makes sense why I wasn't aware
    Scarlet Briar: Let's play "Giant club vs. Overripe Fruit." I'll be the club.

Scarlet Briar: Careful now. Death by cannonball would be funny, but killing you myself is actual fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    You have an entire part of the Zandalari Lore dedicated to Demonology thanks to the Demoniacs. I'm not forcing you to accept Zandalari Warlocks but at least don't pretend they don't exist.
    They don't exist. Deal with it. Just roll another class or stay as a troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    They don't exist. Deal with it. Just roll another class or stay as a troll.
    They exist lore wise. You deal with it.

I can do that shit too.

10+ Year Old Account
    They exist lore wise. You deal with it.

I can do that shit too.
    What, from a quest in classic that was made 14 years ago? You do realize most of the lore from back then holds no relevancy anymore, everything has since been changed. Otherwise you better damn be sure they would've mentioned Demoniacs in BFA.

It's irrelevant, just like your cries about them removing Warlocks. They got paladins, so you can be happy with that or you might as well stay a OG troll seeing as they can be warlocks. Later :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    What, from a quest in classic that was made 14 years ago? You do realize most of the lore from back then holds no relevancy anymore, everything has since been changed. Otherwise you better damn be sure they would've mentioned Demoniacs in BFA.

It's irrelevant, just like your cries about them removing Warlocks. They got paladins, so you can be happy with that or you might as well stay a OG troll seeing as they can be warlocks. Later :^)
    When they officially say demoniacs don't exist, I'll take that, but from a random? No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post

I don't understand why everyone is getting Monks.
    Well, it was a mistake after all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    When they officially say demoniacs don't exist, I'll take that, but from a random? No thanks.
    It's irrelevant. They would've been in ToT and even more likely in BfA. They even said the Zandalari has NO connection to the fel whatsoever. Meaning the whole idea about demoniacs is dead, irrelevant, like your little cries for attention in this thread.

It's not happening. Be happy that you got paladins because they didn't even plan for those.