Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailson Mendes View Post
    This is from the Hots expansion, here we see 4 zandalari(a priest, a druid, a warlock and a shaman) with other trolls from other tribes, and see how trolls can enter the field of any class, now try to find the monk

Removing warlock was a bullshit and crap move, for the sake of complaining and parity, something blizzard told many times they would not do it, and would dd a class if it make sense, monks do not make much sense, but they decide to remove warlocks who make way more sense
    Hearthstone isn't exactly canon WoW lore. It draws inspiration from WoW, sure, but it is by no means canon.

For example; Hir'eek is not fit to be an evil warlock loa, they're using his G'huun-corrupt version while the non-corrupt Hir'eek is supposed to be a kind loa, according to his "Tales of the Loa" found in Nazmir.

"Hir'eek guards de weak,
    He can find de things you seek.

He be blind, and so kind.
    He brings clarity of mind.

His screech dat you hear,
    Can dispel your every fear.

Softest wings glide through de night.
    Taste and sound bring different sight.

When ya lost and all alone,
    In de darkness where you roam,
    His voice will guide ya home.
    "

Hearthstone devs just take things they find cool no matter if it breaks the canon from WoW, which is fine. It's a different game.

Anyway, I am in support of Zandalari warlocks, they're the oldest sentient race on Azeroth, they're scholars that value knowledge, most of them live to protect their home. It makes sense that they strive to master and control most if not all types of magic just so that they can protect their home and loved ones. And master magic they have, they're incredible and fast learners (as said in Shadows of the Horde) and on the Isle of Thunder, the Kirin Tor and Sunreaver Onslaught mages noted how the Zandalari mages' mastery over the arcane and shadow was impressive to the point where they combined the two schools, something very few had accomplished on Azeroth.

As such, having Zandalari who mastered the usage of fel and demons to be able to defend their homes better from demons and other fel-users (and of course just better in general) makes 11/10 sense and abides to the lore about Zandalari morals and their scholarly nature.
    And I very much doubt that the Zandalari haven't ran into the Burning Legion at some point during their several invasions.

So rather than trying to justify it using non-canon Hearthstone stuff, go by the fact above, that Zandalari are scholars that seek knowledge, something that has been canon lore since vanilla, through WotLK and even in BfA.
    Last edited by goof; 2018-11-12 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by War-God Matt View Post
    Hearthstone isn't exactly canon WoW lore. It draws inspiration from WoW, sure, but it is by no means canon.
    i know that, but they took something who exist on wow and put there, that is canon, zandalri warlocks are canon and they put in hearstone, thats the point

For example; Hir'eek is not fit to be an evil warlock loa, they're using his G'huun-corrupt version while the non-corrupt Hir'eek is supposed to be a kind loa, according to his "Tales of the Loa" found in Nazmir.
    the image show some kind of bat loa of shadows, don't need necessary to be evil

So rather than trying to justify it using non-canon Hearthstone stuff, go by the fact above, that Zandalari are scholars that seek knowledge, something that has been canon lore since vanilla, through WotLK and even in BfA.
    im not trying to justify using a non canon source,im saying they are canon, they are part of wow lore and for that reason they put then into hearstone

like i said, every class but monk, how it should be if they are rly wanting to cut one for parity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by War-God Matt View Post

"Hir'eek guards de weak,
    He can find de things you seek.

He be blind, and so kind.
    He brings clarity of mind.

His screech dat you hear,
    Can dispel your every fear.

Softest wings glide through de night.
    Taste and sound bring different sight.

When ya lost and all alone,
    In de darkness where you roam,
    His voice will guide ya home.
    "

Hearthstone devs just take things they find cool no matter if it breaks the canon from WoW, which is fine. It's a different game.

Anyway, I am in support of Zandalari warlocks, they're the oldest sentient race on Azeroth, they're scholars that value knowledge, most of them live to protect their home. It makes sense that they strive to master and control most if not all types of magic just so that they can protect their home and loved ones. And master magic they have, they're incredible and fast learners (as said in Shadows of the Horde) and on the Isle of Thunder, the Kirin Tor and Sunreaver Onslaught mages noted how the Zandalari mages' mastery over the arcane and shadow was impressive to the point where they combined the two schools, something very few had accomplished on Azeroth.

As such, having Zandalari who mastered the usage of fel and demons to be able to defend their homes better from demons and other fel-users (and of course just better in general) makes 11/10 sense and abides to the lore about Zandalari morals and their scholarly nature.
    And I very much doubt that the Zandalari haven't ran into the Burning Legion at some point during their several invasions.

Yes of course, starting with the fact some of those characters are dead, like 5 of them, and some aren't even representing their correct WoW class like Malacrass, Jeklik and Thekal. (though I still enjoy the idea of Hir'eek worshiping Warlocks, and yes, not the corrupted Hir'eek.)

But I absolutely agree with the things you've said, I still can't get over how in the What's next panel they said how the Zandalari are such a versatile people and it made so much sense and they showed the 10 classes in the presentation, because they are right. Zandalari are one of the oldest civilizations in Azeroth, before most races existed or had complex civilizations they were already a thriving society. It makes sense for them to be able to do practically anything.

Deleted
    Guys, guys. I'll put money on it that Zandalari warlocks were removed due to a too strong a synergy with racials. You'll see. They don't want Warlocks even having a sniff of a chance in this games real content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abacabb View Post
    Guys, guys. I'll put money on it that Zandalari warlocks were removed due to a too strong a synergy with racials. You'll see. They don't want Warlocks even having a sniff of a chance in this games real content.
    I mean from what I have seen I don't think the racials will impact your performance that much, but on one thing we can agree, Warlocks are getting ditched a lot lately...

Quote Originally Posted by Abacabb View Post
    Wat

10char
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    There's a reason Monk can be every class in the game, not hard to figure out. If used the logic "plenty of x would study y" then any race could be anything, give or take a few.

Why would a Zandalari Warlock make sense? The closest thing they have is a Mage and that's a blood mage, not a blood warlock.
    Warlocks don't need to "make sense". They aren't Demon Hunters where the skills are only taught to a few, or Paladins which required a fairly specific ethos and the ability to useeither the Light or the local equivalent.

Warlocks are more a case of "why not?" rather than "why?". Every race that can't be one either has a societal taboo against the Fel (NEs, both variants of Draenei, Mag'har) or simply don't use Arcane magic (Taurens). Everyone else can be one. Zandalari have no taboos against either the arcane or the Fel that we know of, so there's no real reason they shouldn't be Warlocks. Not when races that are otherwise portrayed as goody two-shoes such as humans and dwarves can be.

Plus, Blizzard's argument is kind of silly. They have no connection to the Fel? What connections do Goblins, Gnomes, Dwarves, Worgen or Darkspear Trolls have?

Zandalari are race of egocentric people, regardless if padnaren would be willing to teach then, they would not want it, learn something from a "lesser race" would be a insult for then, thats why monks do not make much sense

And Warlocks do make sense, you should stop calling people dense when you are the wrong, where is te proof of how zandalari did exile warlocks? warlocks is not just demon magic, but also shadow magic, and trolls use plenty
    For the first thing you said, you are totally right, since I was saying to take into account the how they are ^^

and the second one, it's not that they did exile warlocks, they don't want the zandalari to be warlocks and if someones tries it they exile them, same as the blood elfs trying to manipulate void magic, and yes warlocks not only use demon magic you are right but they still use Fel, and more fel than shadow in some ways, I guess it would have some good points for RP people they would be hiding their pets in the city so they don't know they are warlocks.

I'm calling people dense because some are dense, 80% of posts just say "look at demonic!!" something from classic/burning (not sure if both of just one of them) not taking into account blizzard they have changed the lore to adapt to future story.

Now, I'm not gonna be just a white knight here, blizzard should at least respond to at least the demonic zandalari questions the community are rising, and it would be better if they explained more about why zandalari can't be warlocks. I agree that If they can't explain it, like some of us are, then there should be zandalari warlocks.

And also people should try to take into account faction balance.

Sorry if you felt I called you dense, doesn't seem you are part of them "Zandalari are race of egocentric people, regardless if padnaren would be willing to teach then, they would not want it, learn something from a "lesser race" would be a insult for then, thats why monks do not make much sense" this pretty much confirmed it. When the zandalari come out, the ruler is talanji at that moment, so maybe she pushes zandalari to stop being so egocentric and let monks teach them? I don't know maybe that could be an explanation to monks.

god...mmo warlock forum became haven for mass lorelover casuals...

300 posts about removal of some warlock graphic skin. disaster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    and the second one, it's not that they did exile warlocks, they don't want the zandalari to be warlocks and if someones tries it they exile them, same as the blood elfs trying to manipulate void magic
    and where is the lore source of that? blood elves do use void magic, you don't see how they can be priests? the void elves however got exiled becuse their experimentation with the void that danger the sunwell

and yes warlocks not only use demon magic you are right but they still use Fel, and more fel than shadow in some ways, I guess it would have some good points for RP people they would be hiding their pets in the city so they don't know they are warlocks.
    and they can use fel just fine, pretty much like some undeads can use the light, and darkspears use the fel too

I'm calling people dense because some are dense, 80% of posts just say "look at demonic!!" something from classic/burning (not sure if both of just one of them) not taking into account blizzard they have changed the lore to adapt to future story.
    the demoniac was canon until some days ago, until blizzard decided to arbitrarily retcon into inexistente , for the sake of a false equivalence

Now, I'm not gonna be just a white knight here, blizzard should at least respond to at least the demonic zandalari questions the community are rising, and it would be better if they explained more about why zandalari can't be warlocks. I agree that If they can't explain it, like some of us are, then there should be zandalari warlocks.
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=136601/z...fter#abilities

And also people should try to take into account faction balance.
    right now the alliance have one more class than the horde, if we want faction balance they should be warlock anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaintothesky View Post
    god...mmo warlock forum became haven for mass lorelover casuals...

300 posts about removal of some warlock graphic skin. disaster!!!
    God forbid people care about things you personally don't. The horror.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    I'm calling people dense because some are dense, 80% of posts just say "look at demonic!!" something from classic/burning (not sure if both of just one of them) not taking into account blizzard they have changed the lore to adapt to future story
    OK but people are allowed to take Lore into consideration no matter how old it is. The same way people use Demoniacs as the Prime example of Zandalari demonology so did people use Freethinkers to justify the existence of Paladins, even before alpha was even Playable people been theorizing these things based on Lore because that's why it exists.

Then you might say "Okay but there were also Prelates in ToT" Sure, just like there were Spiritweavers in IoT, and we're back again on having the same basis for each class.

The fact is that nothing in the game retconned any of the classes up to this day, blizzard kept including NPCs representing every class as time went by only to now come and say something as rushed as "But Zandalari never touched the Fel", ignoring all the nuances and variations of each class. Saying Zandalari can't be Warlocks because they never came in contact with Fel is like saying Kul Tirans wouldn't be able to be Mages because they never came in contact with Fire. It completely ignores class complexity, Lore and nuance.

Zandalari are race of egocentric people, regardless if padnaren would be willing to teach then, they would not want it, learn something from a "lesser race" would be a insult for then, thats why monks do not make much sense

And Warlocks do make sense, you should stop calling people dense when you are the wrong, where is te proof of how zandalari did exile warlocks? warlocks is not just demon magic, but also shadow magic, and trolls use plenty
    I'm just hoping that they would put warlocks back before they release Zandalari trolls, lets face it, they are not gonna add it later if they were already released.
    Edit Signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    I'm just hoping that they would put warlocks back before they release Zandalari trolls, lets face it, they are not gonna add it later if they were already released.
    Exactly, and then remove monks.

Deleted
    Yeah I also believe the chances of it happening post-release are very thin. The time to push is now, else we'll probably not get another chance.

Tbh., I never really liked the Zandalari or even 'dis' entire troll 'ding'.

And I absolutely cannot identify with their leader - not after seeing First Arcanist Thalyssra in Legion. I really liked the Nightborne and their story, leveled up a Nightborne to get their heritage armor and I'm going to stay Nightborne throughout this expansion.

It is just this entire concept of Female Alien - Thalyssra looked pretty much like a human and she was also a charismatic leader, which I can't really see in Talanji.

I also got the impression that the Zandalari are just degenerate without having any legitimate reason for it - so their king essentially made a deal with the devil betraying his people for his own personal gain, but the rest of the Zandalari still consider him to be their king. Whereas the Nightfallen had their own long history, they didn't choose their destiny but tried their best to improve upon it. Just can't see that in the Zandalari.

And I also never really liked Trolls - I'm much more a fan of Orcs or even the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Taenaeris View Post
    Tbh., I never really liked the Zandalari or even 'dis' entire troll 'ding'.

And I absolutely cannot identify with their leader - not after seeing First Arcanist Thalyssra in Legion. I really liked the Nightborne and their story, leveled up a Nightborne to get their heritage armor and I'm going to stay Nightborne throughout this expansion.

It is just this entire concept of Female Alien - Thalyssra looked pretty much like a human and she was also a charismatic leader, which I can't really see in Talanji.

I also got the impression that the Zandalari are just degenerate without having any legitimate reason for it - so their king essentially made a deal with the devil betraying his people for his own personal gain, but the rest of the Zandalari still consider him to be their king. Whereas the Nightfallen had their own long history, they didn't choose their destiny but tried their best to improve upon it. Just can't see that in the Zandalari.

And I also never really liked Trolls - I'm much more a fan of Orcs or even the Forsaken.
    If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that Bwonsamdi a secret bargain ? even Talanji doesn't know about it.
    Edit Signature.

This is from the Hots expansion, here we see 4 zandalari(a priest, a druid, a warlock and a shaman) with other trolls from other tribes, and see how trolls can enter the field of any class, now try to find the monk

Removing warlock was a bullshit and crap move, for the sake of complaining and parity, something blizzard told many times they would not do it, and would dd a class if it make sense, monks do not make much sense, but they decide to remove warlocks who make way more sense
    Monk does not exist in hearthstone...
    but warlock does, so you really think they are going to have no warlock hero, but randomly a monk hero for a class that does not exist?

- - - Updated - - -

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that Bwonsamdi a secret bargain ? even Talanji doesn't know about it.
    Correct, talanji does not find out about the deal her father and bwomsombi made until his death in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Monk does not exist in hearthstone...
    but warlock does, so you really think they are going to have no warlock hero, but randomly a monk hero for a class that does not exist?
    monks do not exist in troll society generally, not just hearhtsone, the only thing close to a monk troll was vol'jin who learn one thing or 2 with the pandaren

warlock however do exist, like i said, this is just an exemple

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Only fair this bullshit race get to be everything, you got your troll paladins bullshit, be happy with it.

Kul'tiras can't be a fucking mage, can't be a fucking lock, can't be a fucking pally, most useless race evar made.
    Aren't trolls the oldest living race in wow and they should they're fucking ancient. Warlocks also make more sense than monks...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Aren't trolls the oldest living race in wow and they should they're fucking ancient. Warlocks also make more sense than monks...
    I think that would be the Draenei (Eredar).

Trolls were only the oldest in Azeroth.

Now about the lock thing, yeah it does make sense, just like Draenei lock make sense as well, yet for some "lore" reason that sect that is part of the Alliance (or Horde) does not endorse messing with demonic arts.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3