Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by War-God Matt View Post
    I don't see why people are so upset about/against Zandalari monks, they don't have to be taught by pandaren to know martial arts and how to harness your spirit. The draenei have Jed'hin, which is a martial art invented by a fan and introduced into canon, which is dope. Why can't Zandalari have something similar. Sure, no one has written an extensive guide and drawn concept art of a Zandalari-styled martial art that can be adopted into canon, but that doesn't matter, all you have to do is think logically. Something a lot of people seem incapable of as of late for some reason.

On top of that, Chi is just the pandaren word for the sixth element, "Spirit" or the spirit of oneself, the Zandalari mastered the control of spirits around them long before the pandaren had monks. As such, it is very likely that they also achieved mastery of their own spirit as well, through meditation to reach the loa and become more in tune with the world around them. The Zandalari mastered the five other elements, why not the sixth (Spirit), makes no sense that they wouldn't have when they already were so extensively spiritual.

So I really don't see the issue, people argue that blood elf, tauren, Zandalari paladins and etc don't have to worship the Light, which is right, they don't. Why can't the same be said about monks and different races having their own cultural version? People are weird.

Being a monk in WoW is being a spiritual person and harnessing that spiritualism into power. You won't find a race more spiritual than trolls, no, not even pandaren. Trolls have been extremely spiritual ever since the beginning, and they stay just as strong and spiritual over 16k years later.

(yes I know this is a warlock thread but I've seen a bunch of monk hate here ok carry on)
    Honestly I don't support the hate towards Monks as well, one can argue that choice wasn't something they imagined the Zandalari having, I honestly had a Monk I intended to race change and eventually decided to reroll him as a Druid back when it looked like Zandalari wouldn't be monks, and honestly he might become a Druid anyways because I find the class more enjoyable.

It's just annoying to keep hearing that one class must be sacrificed for another. These past months have been "Trade Zandalari Warlocks/Rogues for Paladins." and now "Trade Monks for Warlocks." that's definitely not the way to go, let's press for more classes, classes that make sense as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I expect it eventually down the line, whether as something to generate hype or just a QoL thing.

It's just that hero classes and outliers aside, the Alliance and Horde have become so multicultural that its perfectly believable at this point in time that every race would have practitioners of every class.
    Well eventually WoW will decline enough for the management to start doing these things. It's just how it goes, nothing lasts forever and I'm sure when the time finally comes they will pull this and many more emergency moves to try and squeeze another couple of years before inevitable next game in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    This is straight up NOT true. There are shrines all over the main city dedicated to Bwomsamdi. His worshippers were not outcasts. Stop making up your own lore to support your argument.
    But your head Cannon is ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's not their Headcanon, all they said is stuff already in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    Honestly I don't support the hate towards Monks as well, one can argue that choice wasn't something they imagined the Zandalari having, I honestly had a Monk I intended to race change and eventually decided to reroll him as a Druid back when it looked like Zandalari wouldn't be monks, and honestly he might become a Druid anyways because I find the class more enjoyable.

It's just annoying to keep hearing that one class must be sacrificed for another. These past months have been "Trade Zandalari Warlocks/Rogues for Paladins." and now "Trade Monks for Warlocks." that's definitely not the way to go, let's press for more classes, classes that make sense as well.
    I completely agree, no classes should be removed, more should be added. Or well, Warlocks should be added.

I wouldn't mind DHs and DKs too but hey, baby steps. . . .. .

Quote Originally Posted by War-God Matt View Post
    I completely agree, no classes should be removed, more should be added. Or well, Warlocks should be added.

I wouldn't mind DHs and DKs too but hey, baby steps. . . .. .
    I really hope one day they'll add new dk races, atm they said they cba updating the starter dk experience so no new dks, ever. They bothered to add worgen / goblin, but then they stopped. Neither pandas, nor any allied race was added. Even druids got a treat now in the form of new races with unique shapeshifts.

Given the complaints, I wouldn't doubt it if Blizz will release Zandalari locks at some point. My guess is not 8.1. My guess is at some later patch and cash in on further race changes and do so all in the name of "giving people what they said they wanted". They "heard the cries", or saw the $$$ from all the potential race changes. Whatever let's them sleep at night. But this wouldn't surprise me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    are you blind, dyslexic or just plan stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    are you blind, dyslexic or just plan stupid?
    My friend, please let's keep it civil. I really want this thread to continue and not be locked because of this.
    Edit Signature.

You KNOW some dev out there is playing a zandalari lock....

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    You don't like mesosaurus? i think it looks gorgeous.

Zandalari are mean't to be dinomancers and they also prefer predatory species. Not to mention mesosaurus looks like pre-shark form, and Zandalari had a temple for Shark-Loa (until Naga sacked it).
    oh yeah, I'm not at all saying it doesn't make sense that they went with that over a turtle for many reasons, I just really love that turtle model and it was a pie-in-the-sky hope for me to be able to turn into one. trust me it's not going to be stopping me from rerolling zandalari the moment I can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I really hope one day they'll add new dk races, atm they said they cba updating the starter dk experience so no new dks, ever. They bothered to add worgen / goblin, but then they stopped. Neither pandas, nor any allied race was added. Even druids got a treat now in the form of new races with unique shapeshifts.
    Like, if they really don't want to rework the starting area at least they could just do something simpler.

They can simply assume that Allied Race DKs simply weren't in the starting area like the others. For Zandalari, for example, perhaps they were turned in Northrend and then later joined their respective factions or the Ebon Blade. They could just have them start at the same point the other classes start except they are level 55 instead of 20. Just have them start at the present. The DK starting experience isn't extremely important when it comes to getting started with your DK.

Anybody got some updates to share with us?
    Edit Signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Probably aren't any updates...they probably just wanted to do something that makes Alliance players happy because of the jokes they made at Alliance players expanse at Blizzcon.

Plausible deniability...

*laughs from distance*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Nothing new at all. Been super busy but checked social media and the forums recently and have not seen anything from blizzard regarding this issue.

Name one Zandalari Warlock in the lore. Or any period when they even existed.

I'll wait

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfeckiy View Post
    Name one Zandalari Warlock in the lore. Or any period when they even existed.

I'll wait
    Demoniacs + the Warlock npc in vol'dun

Name one Zandalari Monk in the lore. Or any period when they even existed.

I'll wait

7+ Year Old Account
    .....And what if they did?

It really does not matter that much and if Blizzard feels like class-amount balance needs to be a thing, you can't expect Zandalari to be every single class in the game.

Like i can point out a few undead paladins, but that does not make it so that Blizzard ruins their entire story by not having Forsaken Paladins.

The same with Zandalari warlocks. It is proberly a taboo thing like blood magic for the Zandalari, so it makes sense that when you play as the capital trolls, you can't play as a warlock.

God, people need to care about more serious stuff than this. You can already play as a troll warlock, don't tell me your entire happiness is weighed on being a very specific trolls etnicity as a warlock.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

But i want Zandalari warlocks tho
    I have been waiting TBC longer than I imagined