10+ Year Old Account

Battle for Azeroth Cinematics: Expanding the Narrative

BlizzCon 2018 - The Opening Ceremony has Started!

Battle for Azeroth Cinematics: Expanding the Narrative
    • As a group, they wanted to turn the story inward after Legion.
    • The team looked to better their writers room after Legion.
    • Horror was a big motivation in the Aszhara cinematic.
    • Christie Golden does voice over for the script.
    • The team didn't want any music for the Jaina cinematic until her mother handed the necklace over. It was only then that the guitar came in. They didn't want it to be too "musical theater".
    • Originally the "Lost Honor" cinematic was going to take place at the cemetery in Arathi Highlands added after Before the Storm. Anduin would go there and reflect on his conversation with Saurfang in the stockades.
    • When the team set out to create the Alliance cutscenes they realized that they needed to develop Jaina's story more.
    • They dealt with Jaina's story with the idea of depression in mind, shown through the realm Jaina was banished to.
    • "If you ever have a chance to use Arthas; use Arthas!" - Christie Golden
    • Christie and Terran thought it was a good idea for Jaina to finish her redemption without firing a single shot.

Last edited by Stoy; 2018-11-03 at 06:48 PM.

OMG! Do you see this guys!? KEVIN CONFIRMED!!

Looking at Christie Golden's teeth is really hard on the eyes.

Except from Christie, the art team is the only good thing left from Warcraft.

I'm amazed that these people can continue their passion for the story of this game, what with all the vitriol they're getting from the despicable fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'm amazed that these people can continue their passion for the story of this game, what with all the vitriol they're getting from the despicable fans.
    Nothing wrong with hating the content of a game. Calling out a company for bad design is fine, I enjoy the positivity from them but stop calling all negativity vitrol and calling fans despicable. Makes you sound like a brown noser.

I am saying this as someone who adores these behind the scenes panels, They get me excited about the game again. I love them more than some of the main stage panels.

Originally Lost Honor was going to take place at the cemetary in Arathi Highlands.
    I'm not sure how it could have taken place there with Saurfang being locked up in Stormwind, I wonder how they planned to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NightElfMohawk View Post
    I'm not sure how it could have taken place there with Saurfang being locked up in Stormwind, I wonder how they planned to make it happen.
    Probably hauling him out there as an excuse to execute him near the grave sites for some sort of revenge but it was all just a ruse to release him and say he escaped in hopes of sowing a rebellion within the horde.

Thats my take on it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    'improve the writer's room after legion' hurts my soul a bit. im sure there are going to be some big good carpet pulls with the rest of bfa that make me ok with most of the lore again, but some of it has been unbearable so far. it's hard to swallow after how spotless legion lore was overall.
    Spotless Legion lore? Legion had plenty of lore issues.

The Sargerite Keystone can suddenly open a portal to anywhere but the Legion couldn't use it to get to Azeroth for reasons (note that Illidan did), turns out the Army of the Light is just one spaceship of draenei that the Legion inexplicably can't defeat with their seemingly limitless number of spaceships, the titan souls were captured by Sargeras even though they supposedly were in Azeroth's keepers, demons can't truly die on Argus ...but also can..?, Sargeras is hiding in a cloud y'all and can float to Azeroth whenever he wants, everything to do with void elves, alt Gul'dan got sent from alt Draenor by alt Archimonde to "our" Kil'jaedan ...we think... and then sent to MU Azeroth to open the Tomb of Sargeras.
    Just to name the more egregious ones.

Not saying BFA lore is good. It is not. Just don't like when people hold up Legion as an example of "airtight" lore.

Who writes in G Flat Major?!?!!?!?!

Deleted
    So many creatives to produces a shallow story line with the writing quality of a boring school essay.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Those fat paychecks direct deposited in their accounts sure overcompensate for not having universal praise from the fan base.

It says "Hogger" on the board.

Christie with that stare and Anduin being circled on that list... somehow that photo describes her perfectly.

This Alliance faggotry has reached to whole new levels that it hurts my soul. I don't play BfA, but I really want this "faction war" horsecrap to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Nothing wrong with hating the content of a game. Calling out a company for bad design is fine, I enjoy the positivity from them but stop calling all negativity vitrol and calling fans despicable. Makes you sound like a brown noser.

I am saying this as someone who adores these behind the scenes panels, They get me excited about the game again. I love them more than some of the main stage panels.
    How about you stop assuming that I can't tell the difference between legitimate criticisms and concerns and vitriol. Makes you sound like a fool.

I'll continue calling the fans adhering to such behaviour despicable as I damn well please.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-11-03 at 10:34 AM.