Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Yeah because no hate flowed at all when the Thrall or Nova or Titan games were cancelled.

There's a reason people like you don't get to make decisions.
    Are you saying fans are not supposed to be upset when games that were in development for years get cancelled?

What are we allowed to be upset about?

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    They should have done what Bethesda did with TES6:

"Look, we're making it. It's gonna be a while...but it IS IN THE WORKS, and in the meantime here's a mobile tie-in that we partnered with NetEase to produce."

That would have been 100% better than how they handled it.
    Yeah, exactly.

The mobile game itself isn't a problem honestly. It clearly is a side project and one of the "multiple" that have to be announced, but the point they made at BCon is that they don't have anything ready to show. They did the panle like this because they HAD to present something.

They tried to keep hype down and while most people fortunately knew D4 wasn't an option (which again is FINE) still they managed to create a PR nightmare where they showed nothing of value is actually going developed for the moment because they're busy; they tried to make D3 a long-term game with revenue generated over time but that went down the drain when they decided RMAH was a good idea; so now they're left with no time available and no new stuff ready to show, hence they had to outsource a small project with the Diablo tag so fans will know that the franchise isn't abandoned.

Problem is, a generic button tapping mobile arpg is something that no one wanted or is interested in. D3 still works in China since there's an ingame shop there that generates money. So what's better than making a product that targets the only Diablo market that's profitable?

They're going to see real shit at Blizzard. Mosqueira left, and for good reasons.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

They said nothing about Diablo 4 at Blizzcon, but I wouldn't rule out Blizzard putting together something a releasing a teaser in the upcoming weeks.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    They said nothing about Diablo 4 at Blizzcon, but I wouldn't rule out Blizzard putting together something a releasing a teaser in the upcoming weeks.
    I don't see that happening. They have never done any major announcement after blizzcon. But on the other hand, this time could be different. They need to do some major damage control otherwise the stench of diablo will linger in the air for months.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, they don't. Diablo 4 won't make same money as Immortal thing. Proper games have fixed prices and can't be milked forever. So no point to spend money on it. And my or your opinion doesn't matter here, we aren't "whales".

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It was super heavily implied in the QA they are working on it, but it wasn't far enough along to talk about.
    No... it was implied they have multiple Diablo projects. No one was talking about D4. After this i wouldn't be surprised if it's Diablo Immortal port on Apple Watch and a port on Samsung Freezers.

The fact that the same people that thought the mobile game would appeal to hardcore pc players are the ones that will be making decisions in regards to any other Diablo projects including D4 should frighten everyone. These people are completely out of touch.

Also we don't even know if there is a D4. I expect another expansion for D3 because it is already on so many platforms alongside D2 remaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    I didn't bitch about the D3 reveal, nor do I remember/know anyone who did, so please don't lump me into that, I was actually very excited about the D3 reveal and couldn't wait to preorder. There will always be people who bitch about literally everything but the amount of people who bitched about the D3 ( I didn't even know people bitched about it) vs this reveal is rather obvious.
    They royal you not the singular your. And just becasue you don't remember anyone who did doesn't mean there wansn't outrage over it. There were tons of it's not close threads, looks like crap threads, most were overshadowed by Rainbows, too bright, not dark enough, and not mature enough edge lord threads on multiple forums I frequented back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It was super heavily implied in the QA they are working on it, but it wasn't far enough along to talk about.
    Yup. Again proving that the vast majority of the gaming community are just immature man babies who cannot comprehend info given to them and just want it their way.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post

Yup. Again proving that the vast majority of the gaming community are just immature man babies who cannot comprehend info given to them and just want it their way.
    Well, maybe. Maybe people dont believe them. Why would they imply it during a q&a and not at the end of the reveal, if they were gonna hint at it anyways. Smells like damage control.

Deleted
    They mentioned WoW: Classic, a year before the first beta-testing..
    Why couldn't they mention D4?

You make a sound like you have any proof that D4 is in the making, so is there any chance you can share that?

10+ Year Old Account
    if it really is that early in the games production, i'm even more worried. i think at best we get an alpha after NEXT blizzcon (2019). but even that is probably a stretch. it really depends on how fast they can get things together. i'd like the game to be out reasonably soon, but i also want it to be "polished". kind of a rock and a hard place situation. too bad they lost alot of faith that i had in them over the weekend.

D3 was released in 2012, Reaper of Souls in 2014. I don't think that this game will ever receive any substantial expansion apart from what they did last year - Necromancer DLC, which was probably just pushed because of the anniversary, to sooth the voices and to bridge the huge gap between D3 and whatever they are doing.

AFAIK, it was already mentioned that remastering D2 is technically impossible. Not because they aren't able - remastering W3 and Starcraft would have probably required much more time and effort than remastering D2 - but they would need to substantially change the backend technology (mainly AI, because of how it's designed) that would break the compatibility with the original D2, which I suppose they'd want to keep.

And that leaves us with D4. With last substantial expansion released back in 2014, I'm pretty sure the development is well underway. With Blizzard's resources, you can accomplish a lot in 4 years. They wouldn't be recruiting people for significant positions if they were only making some lousy remaster. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a lot of potential as far as cash flow is concerned, which means the project itself is probably of lowest priority from all the games in development within Blizz roster (probably also thanks to Activision). And that's what the mobile edition is probably supposed to offset. Even tho they're not directly working on the mobile version, they indeed did put substantial resources into making it, just from looking at the cinematic alone. And since they're the publisher, I'm pretty sure they'll handle the f2p part as well, since they'll be the ones getting most of the income from it. On other hand, competition within the genre has become much tighter over the years, with PoE, Grim Dawn, next year's Torchlight and possibly Wolcen within a year or two. Which means even more time spent on making it stand out, apart from the obvious production value.

So, if they really do have a policy of not announing anything that won't be released (or at leaste beta-ed) within ~6 months, it's not ready enough.
    After this Blizzcon I watched the D3 announcement which was back in 2008 (!). So there were 4 years of waiting until it was actually released, not to mention the buggy shitstorm the actual release really was. I'm sure they don't want this to happen again. It just looks like they decided to keep it under wraps for as long as possible/necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind at all waiting for the release in 2034

10+ Year Old Account
    They could have demoed a buggy and incomplete d4 to headline blizzcon but blizz took massive heat for BfA being buggy and incomplete. They were under tremendous fire from fans for rushing the xpac out. So they are taking their time with d4 to get it right, even if it means a diablo mobile game headlines blizzcon. I think its a great sign so stop complaining.
    Since when you have to demo a game at Blizzcon just to announce it?

Deleted
    They could have demoed a buggy and incomplete d4 to headline blizzcon but blizz took massive heat for BfA being buggy and incomplete. They were under tremendous fire from fans for rushing the xpac out. So they are taking their time with d4 to get it right, even if it means a diablo mobile game headlines blizzcon. I think its a great sign so stop complaining.
    What Rush? RoS was released 4 years ago. If D4 was in the works they could've shown a short movie (doesn't even have to be cinematic), some screenshots and some details on what's planned for it, no need for gameplay, demo and whatnot.

If they had announced D4 and a Diablo mobile game then I'm sure hardly anyone would've been pissed. But when they continue the franchise on mobile it's to be expected that most of the fan base will be outraged.

Mobile games are in almost all cases gated behind cash, want to enter a rift? ok, it's free once per day, then it costs 1$ etc. And then if you count the fact that you play it on a fucking phone, it comes packed by default with lower graphics, small screen, lack of controls (and also dumb) and that assuming that you have a high end phone (good luck to people who invested in a PC instead of a phone)

I wonder who's looking forward to play hours and hours on a phone.

Deleted
    they dont have to showcase anything like what youre suggesting. they kept saying "other diablo projects" but never specifically said anything about diablo 4.
    you know what they did with diablo 3? they said "we're working on it" and showed some concept art, that was it, and everybody was ecstatic man! most of the concept art they showed wasnt even in the final product but noone cared....
    they KNOW what they shouldve done cos theyve done the 'right' thing before!
    but instead, they literally made a conscious decision to piss on every single diablo fan

will D4 be mobile too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    will D4 be mobile too?
    if they literally want riots at blizz HQ, sure.

Deleted
    if you or anyone really thinks there is a Diablo 4 in the making, then please go and see a Doctor and let your Heads be checked.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2018-11-09 at 09:27 AM.

Closing. Nothing much is going in here and there is a thread for D4 already.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.