Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Kul Tiran Paladins

Now that Kul Tirans are announced I feel like alliance got bamboozled. Kul Tirans seemed like a fresh race for the alliance and while Zandalari get so many classes available I can't believe Kul Tirans get fewer. (I know it's all balanced)
    Throughout the expansion I got a very "royal" like feeling in Boralus , so I was expecting paladins to be a class for Kul Tirans.

Anyone else feel like paladin would have been a good fit?

Last edited by xintoc; 2018-11-03 at 01:55 AM.

No shut up and take your druids and shaman and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    /thread .

not really, it really dosen't fit into their culture as they werent exposed to worship of the light like the other paladin races were on eastern kingdoms/

10+ Year Old Account
    A pity that the Order of the Embers, a faction dedicated to stamping out things that are wicked and twisted, didn't have a follow-up to bring KT paladins into the spotlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    not really, it really dosen't fit into their culture as they werent exposed to worship of the light like the other paladin races were on eastern kingdoms/
    I had high hopes for Beacon of Light. They should give it to mistweaver to fit the theme. Guess paladins only shined in Legion vs demons.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never expected it really but I did consider it possible. My thinking towards it that Tauren worship the Sun (An'she) and Night Elves the Moon (Elune) and both have been shown to be able to become Paladins. Kul Tirans have a strong connection to and worship the sea, and have the ability to be Priests, so I don't see it beyond imagining that they could be Paladins worshipping the seas. However it's not going to be that way, I'm not overly fussed personally.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I never expected it really but I did consider it possible. My thinking towards it that Tauren worship the Sun (An'she) and Night Elves the Moon (Elune) and both have been shown to be able to become Paladins. Kul Tirans have a strong connection to and worship the sea, and have the ability to be Priests, so I don't see it beyond imagining that they could be Paladins worshipping the seas. However it's not going to be that way, I'm not overly fussed personally.
    I wonder what the reasoning behind not having mages is. Considering one of Tol Dagor bosses is a fire mage and that Jaina is a mage. Clearly frost mage has got to be related to some water magic with their elemental and icy spells.
    I feel like I can't be the only one to think that mages and paladins wouldn't have ruined the fantasy. I mean people were even looking forward to the "Reinhardt" look.

It's also weird they can be priests and warriors but they can't be paladins.
    Blizzard better beef up humans to "MAKE PALADINS GREAT AGAIN".

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by xintoc View Post
    I wonder what the reasoning behind not having mages is. Considering one of Tol Dagor bosses is a fire mage and that Jaina is a mage. Clearly frost mage has got to be related to some water magic with their elemental and icy spells.
    I feel like I can't be the only one to think that mages and paladins wouldn't have ruined the fantasy. I mean people were even looking forward to the "Reinhardt" look.

Where did Jaina become a mage? That's right, she left to learn magecraft in Dalaran. If you think about it, Tidesages are more or less shamans specialized in water. Their connection with the sea is roughly similar to shamans being connected to the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    A pity that the Order of the Embers, a faction dedicated to stamping out things that are wicked and twisted, didn't have a follow-up to bring KT paladins into the spotlight.
    That was actually an angle I was interested in questioning. I get that they have druids, because we meet some of them in Drustvar, and he explains in enough detail how they got to be what they are. Shamans, well, it seems there is an entire order of them North of Boralus, and even an order of them in the southern area of Boralus, and we're talking tidesages, so, it makes sense, to say the least. But the Order of Embers should have had a way to produce an order of Paladins, I mean, ffs, we as Alliance get the title "Inquisitor" upon completion of the main Drustvar story line, we hunt evil witches, something that should fall into the whole "antithesis of evil" category, and it is an "Order", which is very much within the span of a knighthood, and the humans have the ability to be paladins, so bringing to bear paladins as a class option doesn't seem to me as ridiculous as Zandalari Paladins, even though the claim is that they existed in Zul'gurub, never minding the fact that the last boss in the original was a blood god, Hakkar, or later the Avatar of Hakkar post-cataclysm. With as many blood practitioners as they set in ZG, with the sort of savagery one expects by a race that seems to believe that a sacrifice is bleeding an enemy, or innocent, which is just bloodshed until they start putting their own to the altar in an act of service to this blood god, but still had the fucking nerve to add in a "paladin".... this lore is incredibly weak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xintoc View Post

I believe you're right, and on track for everything except one premise. This one: "It's also weird they can be priests and warriors but they can't be paladins."

Void Elves can be warriors and priests. Should they be paladins? Forsaken can be warriors, and priests, but it seems to me they are the antithesis of a paladin.

I know that, had I designed the classes, some things would have been different. Being a forsaken priest, for example, you would not have access to the Holy spec. That said, you'd be a better than average shadow priest. If you were a Gnome Warrior, Fury would mean 2 one handers. Same for Goblins. And I think I would be inclined to remove Arms from both as well, but there would be something they would excel in as fury warriors, either with them having much faster swings, and thus more attacks... something would balance it out. Seems maybe the dev team should have thought about this. I'll give them one thing, in order to play the game, it really stretches your suspension of disbelief, but watching a 4 1/2 foot tall humanoid creature with newborn baby proportions swinging 2 6+ foot long swords, both as big as he is, at the very least, just kind of fucks with that, big time. The same is true of any forsaken casting holy spells without bursting into flames.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    But Zandalari trolls where?!!? Seriously??? There's no reason for Kul'tirans not to be paladins and warlocks. It's just stupid. Glad they at least added mages after players complained that they have a minor *cough* mage with Jaina .... this is just idiotic.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this was pretty much my confusion. An entire Order of "Inquisitors" which in many Fantasy games are covered by things like Clerics/Paladins etc. Yet they don't have Paladins. Weird. Like I legit grinded out that storyline ASAP to get that title for my Paladin.

Like I enjoy the Zandalari Paladins, but just find it so odd that KT's don't have it.

Deleted
    You mean what The zandalari ALSO gets. 7 classes til 9 mate..

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post

I believe you're right, and on track for everything except one premise. This one: "It's also weird they can be priests and warriors but they can't be paladins."

Void Elves can be warriors and priests. Should they be paladins? Forsaken can be warriors, and priests, but it seems to me they are the antithesis of a paladin.

I know that, had I designed the classes, some things would have been different. Being a forsaken priest, for example, you would not have access to the Holy spec. That said, you'd be a better than average shadow priest. If you were a Gnome Warrior, Fury would mean 2 one handers. Same for Goblins. And I think I would be inclined to remove Arms from both as well, but there would be something they would excel in as fury warriors, either with them having much faster swings, and thus more attacks... something would balance it out. Seems maybe the dev team should have thought about this. I'll give them one thing, in order to play the game, it really stretches your suspension of disbelief, but watching a 4 1/2 foot tall humanoid creature with newborn baby proportions swinging 2 6+ foot long swords, both as big as he is, at the very least, just kind of fucks with that, big time. The same is true of any forsaken casting holy spells without bursting into flames.
    Undead already have paladins and they are pretty much called Death Knights since Arthas became one. Void elves being priests and not paladins is fine, since priests can tap into the void to damage the enemies.

For a witch hunt you send a priest, the holy knight and the village muscle.
    Anyways, we as the player would play a Kul Tiran and eventually would go into Stormwind just like Jaina. Who says you can't become a paladin there? (apparently blizzard) There is no strong disbelief against the light or anything that sort that would prohibit you from doing so. Atleast none that I can think of.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    One of the first things Taelia tells you, is that in Kul Tiras, you look to the sea, not the Light.

- - - Updated - - -

The Order of Embers do not fight using the Light though, they fight using fire, silver and magic. They are Witchers, not Paladins :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Absolutely disappointing by not being able to play my paladin as Kul Tiran.

Aaaand horde players are on high horse once again, once their needs are satisfied.

There is basically 0 interaction with the Light in Kul Tiras, so I don't see why this is surprising to anyone. They have their own religion and combat styles, none of it is holy.

I do hope they decide to add mages, but just to clarify that has not been confirmed. The latest on that topic was in the Lost Codex's interview when Alex Afrasiabi explained that there was still some disagreement on the topic. The most recent direct statement on the topic was that they were not going to be playable.

Kul Tiran = Knight unit WC3. Look how similar they are:

But they were riding warriors I think, not paladins.

Anyway, it wouldn't be stupid to have Kul Tiran Paladins, just like mages. Alex Afrasiabi said in a interview now during blizzcon they might change a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    One of the first things Taelia tells you, is that in Kul Tiras, you look to the sea, not the Light.

- - - Updated - - -

The Order of Embers do not fight using the Light though, they fight using fire, silver and magic. They are Witchers, not Paladins :P
    All the more reason for a hero like you to come to Kul Tiras and show them the light like a true crusader.
    Why even give paladins Inquisition back? I remember it being removed because people were complaining it was boring to maintain. I think it fits the narrative of what retribution paladin is all about. The guy priests send in for questioning and taking military action.
    Last edited by xintoc; 2018-11-04 at 12:02 PM.