Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Do you follow a certain keybind system for spells that require different forms? Like for example placing certain spells in the main action bar because it changes based on what form you are in? Do you use specific addons? I ask mainly for pvp but of course pve as well since (at least as boomy) I can make use of all forms in pvp but some spells get left out because I don't have enough keybinds for them all.
    https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G700...p_ob_title_def

13+2 programmable buttons. I don't even use modifiers, just the mouse and some basic buttons on the keyboard.

plus Bartender, automatically switching bars when changing forms, but keeping the keybinding. So for example button 1 is rejuv in human form, shred in cat, mangle in bear and moonfire in oomkin
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2018-11-06 at 03:38 PM.

Figured I would expand a little on the macro side of things, since I didn't really dictate how I make all my macros.

Since I play all specs, in order to avoid going nuts I try to keep everything bound in a similar manner across all specs (since each has their own bar for forms and caster with the same binds by default Blizz UI, so no needs to use an add-on). It can't always be 1-to-1 with just dragging spells onto bars, so the macros come into play. So as a rule, I always make macros to at least include one offensive spell and one defensive/utility spell when possible, as well as additional utility spells if there are other conditionals you can use that won't interfere with the first two spells. So for example, I use this macro for kitty, but it can technically be used for all specs:

#showtooltip Regrowth
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",0)
    /cast [target=mouseover,help,dead] Rebirth;[target=mouseover,harm,nodead] Entangling Roots;[target=mouseover, help][]Regrowth
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",1)

Yeah, I know, I still use the old syntax of 'target=' instead of '@' here, however for a while '@' wasn't working properly so it's been like this for years and I haven't changed it (feel free to change it ). The SetCVar lines are optional, as they keep you from shifting out of forms when casting the spells, but for boomy that wouldn't matter to you. In fact, as boomy you'd likely remove the SetCVar lines so you could cast those spells directly out any other form. However, main point is that with one bind, you can cast Rebirth on a dead mouseover target or cast roots on a mouseover enemy target or cast Regrowth on your mouseover friendly target or just default Regrowth will be cast according to normal casting rules (if you're targeting an friendly target, it will cast Regrowth on them... else it just casts on yourself). Effectively, the macro lets one keybind do potentially 5 different things depending upon what you're targeting and what your mouse cursor is over.

You can expand your capabilities using macros in such a way, but as I said earlier it may take some practice to get used to it. Also, the order in which you list things does matter in a macro. So for the macro above, it's first come first server with the /cast command: it'll check to see if the conditions are met for casting Rebirth, and if not met it will continue down the line until a condition is met.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2018-11-06 at 05:07 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I've always found managing multiple bars and just managing being able to kind keybinds for all the forms to be a daunting task in itself which is why I've never rolled a Druid before.

I really wish I would roll a Druid because the class really fits my top priorities for a class: good ranged dps and healing spec that is wanted/needed in random BGs, M+ and raids. However, I just can't get behind trying to figure out how to manage all the forms as well as all the action bars that switch with different forms. It's a daunting task to setup.

I've been using this mouse for a while, 3 extra buttons on each side

https://en.roccat.org/Mice/Kova

while g700 has 1 more button, imo kova's button layout is more convenient, and also the price is a lot lower. Of course, it's a matter of getting used to overall, I just don't like when all buttons are on one side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mouse with buttons on the side (like a Naga, G600, Scimitar) + modifiers.

On screen it'll look a bit like this, easy to memorize as it's the same layout as the mouse and 2nd nature in no-time.
    On my keyboard I only use keys 1-4, rest is all on the mouse.

roll 2 dices and cast the out come :P

Drus have a lot more buttons than other classes. This becomes worse with PvP. I wouldnt care too much except for the fact I feel like I have to do way more work for way worse results than some classes. Dru actually had spells added while others got pruned.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As others have pointed out combining abilities on the same bind works well, does the trick for me with no downsides. Bartender is nice for the different forms and when I'm in cat form I have different macros for my basic 1-5 keys that will use the kitty abilities from feral affinity but still have heal mouseovers tied to them such that I can still heal without manually leaving cat form first. I also have prowl and battle ress on the same key as one can only be used out of combat and the other you only use in combat for like 99% of the time.

I'm sure I could combine others also but I only do it if it "makes sense" and doesn't impact my efficiency. Also, my mouse only has 2 side buttons, one of which is reserved to PTT.

shit shouldn't be to hard to manage. druid been dumbed down so much. believe druids used to have like 54 spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's ridiculous that you have to go through all this just to play. Why doesn't Blizzard improve the UI and have a specific set up that is user friendly?

First of all, keybinds that i use for spells on my bars.
    Key - Q, E, R, F, G, 1, 2, 3, 4, C, V, B for bar buttons 1 - 12. This way everything is around my fingers.

Following this key map, Im using a combination of similarly placed spells which are macroed across all specs.

For instance, i have a macro in which you "mount" different (mount) form depending of zone state (fly, nofly, water, outdoors, indoors) and combat state (combat, nocombat) combined with key modifiers (mod) and target state (alive, dead, friendly).

This effectively allowed me to make a macro for one keybind for my travel form, spec specific form if in combat, Rebirth if im in combat and mouseover is friendly and dead, modkey Dash if im in combat or indoors, Regrowth on mouseover and target is friendly and alive, modkey Revive out of combat or if mouseover target is dead. this is my bar button 9 (or keybind 4)

Second keybind macro across all specs are CDs, which are on my bar button 10 (or keybind C)
    Third keybind macro across all specs are interrupts which are on my bar button 12 (or keybind B).
    Forth keybind macro across all specs are defensive CDs which are on my bar button 5 (or keybind G) for quick access.
    Fifth keybind macro across all specs are AOE attacks, which are on my bar button 4 (or keybind F)

With that established, theres not much spells around to bind. Even with druid i managed to pack everything in one action bar + utility bar with foods, Professions, Dreamwalk and Flame Kitty toy (which will i probably move to active keybind for non-stop uptime).

Im also using Razer Naga Chroma Epic which helps even further in making this even easier, but you can easily see that from keymap and intuitive macroing its not needed at all.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2018-11-13 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Do you follow a certain keybind system for spells that require different forms? Like for example placing certain spells in the main action bar because it changes based on what form you are in? Do you use specific addons? I ask mainly for pvp but of course pve as well since (at least as boomy) I can make use of all forms in pvp but some spells get left out because I don't have enough keybinds for them all.
    I tend to have shared keybinds for all classes: cc abilities on the same hotkey, same for sprinting ones, healing spells, etc.
    I play 12 classes and pretty much all specs, so some consistency is required.

Deleted
    Lul@ at people saying druid has too many keybinds. Druids may be the last bastion against the encroaching prune-induced plainness that has already taken so many victims. While still being nowhere near its former self.

Deleted
    Matching keybinds to the same/similair keybinds is good practice across ALL characters, not just between druid forms.

For example. Every single character I have (about 20 at 100+) has movement abilities set to variations of MB3, all interrupts on MB4, all self healing on 12 (have a razer naga, that button is easy to press with the base of your thumb), all damage CDs on R, Lust/Drums on G, etc, etc

I didn't see anyone mention this, but I remapped the three modifier keys to my mouse's three side buttons (G502 Proteus). I can comfortably use the shift key on my keyboard (Razer Blackwidow), but ctr and alt are impossible for my fingers to reach comfortably, so this alleviates that problem of too much to do on one hand, and not enough on the other. It also frees up those keyboard mod keys and caps-lock and makes them usable for regular abilities. With this setup I have far more key binds than I need, and they are all easy key combos thanks to using my mouse hand to do modifiers.

Also as others have stated, for druid it is very useful to keep abilities on the same key bind for each spec. My mouse wheel up/down are Sunfire and Moonfire in every form, some with a modifier depending on spec. For resto it is shift + MW up/down. I carry that layout to every other class: my Warlock dots are on MW up/down and shift + MW up/down.

I use the most keybinds out of all my characters on my druid. The frustration is mostly that between the druid specs there are some differences that will make each spec have different keybinds for the same spells. Moonfire for example is bound on different keys for pretty much each spec as each spec uses it in a different way at a different frequency at a different priority and in different forms. It's a bit of a clusterfuck basically that does work out for each spec individually, but if you play all 4 specs like me it can be frustrating.

Depending on spec, you Bars will change when you change your spec.

and your bars will change when you change form.
    your main bar i mean.

other than that i use OPIE.

for instance you can set it to Trigger with Shift, or CTRL, or a number key, then trigger a set spot with a different key from there.

can set up multiple OPIE wheels per spec.
    and can have them change spells for each spec as well.

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/opie

such a great addon

other than that i also use a G15 keyboard, and i have my G1 G2 G3 etc... keys set to a spec that rotates my bars depending on spec/form as well.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Mouse with buttons + Keyboard Shortcuts - using ALT, SHIFT And STRG of course