Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blodia View Post
    Why the fuck would you even attempt to be respectful in this case. Is Blizzard the goddamn wood shitting Pope? They are a video game developer, huge at that, and they deserve everything coming their way. You don't just gather fans of a game for a big reveal and flip them all off with a mobage. They were let down severely and it's not le entitlement fucking press npc's bitch about now. It's just crushing disappointment, because not so long ago Blizzard's reveals used to mean something. The crowd that gathered there sure as fuck didn't come to listen how AWESOME it will be to play Diablo on their phones. They are not the target audience of this, this game is intended for Asian markets where mobage are a huge thing.
    Y should blizzard listen to u when ur acting like a bunch of kids? Blizzard could just as easily stop listening and be like how do they even know if they will like it when they won’t even give it a try or listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Y should blizzard listen to u when ur acting like a bunch of kids? Blizzard could just as easily stop listening and be like how do they even know if they will like it when they won’t even give it a try or listen.
    Because they allegedly are a company that listens to their community, as per what their new president said. And because the fans there aren't interested in mobage, they are diablo fans who play diablo predominantly on PC, so news about a mobile game is worthless to them. Thing is, for Chinese audience this would be a smash hit. So this is a hilarious case of mistargetting their reveals. Guess they just had fucking nothing so they quite literally phoned it in.
    And get this: companies don't deserve your undying respect and hope if they continuously shove out turds. Calling them out on pushing turds is in no way disrespectful or entitled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    What can they do to make people satisfied?
    Start making good games again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    That isnt even a question, of course they will, and wouldnt matter if the game actually was really good, people have already decided that its bad without even given it a shoot.
    Haha, sounds more like you decided it's good just because it's from blizzard. (Even thought they didn't make it themself)

You are 100% just a fanboy that would accept anything from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post

From a PR perspective, how is this anything but a huge blunder?
    It sure is a huge PR blunder, however that doesn't mean DI should burn in fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    It sure is a huge PR blunder, however that doesn't mean DI should burn in fire.
    and I don't think it will. The consumers of mobile games will never know of this debacle, since they're not really part of the "hardcore" community that attended blizzcon, or participate in the online fuming.

you all need to let it go, stop giving it attention and ignore it and move on. The game was never made for you guys, they don't care if America or Europe are angry. Game was made for the asian market.

We will get something down the line. It took them 10 years to make d3, It might take them 10 years to make the next. D3 has only been out for like 6-7 years. We know they hired a lot of people for a new project, like game director and engineers and shit and it was not for this game. This game was made by a chinese outsourced company, they did not hire people for immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Except it has been shown that Diablo Immortal really isn't their game. They provided some art assets to reskin a currently existing Chinese mobile game that was built from the ground up to be easily reskinnable and has a long history of predatory microtransaction practices that have been repeatably brought to international courts. Blizzard had to do very little work to port their art assets over to this game, and there are already several videos comparing the Diablo Immortal gameplay against other reskins of that game's gameplay to show that the skills are 1:1. To top it all off, in the QnA when people asked legitimate questions about details of the game they responded with largely, "We don't know" "We're not sure" "We'll have to see" etc. They know nothing about the game, and when they have a fan base that is wanting something that is either D2, D3 or D4 related, Blizzard baited their fans into buying tickets only to be told a few weeks before Blizzcon, after they couldn't refund tickets or change plans, "You guys shouldn't have high expectations". Honestly if members of the Better Business Bureau actually understood the situation they would fine the crap out of Blizzard and mandate that they refund the attendees of Blizzcon. The only thing protecting Blizzard at the moment from immediate financial repercussions is the BBB's literal ignorance in this matter. Blizzard deserves the hate it's gotten, and I hope the people that have tried to capitolize on the situation and make click-bait articles calling attendees toxic lose a lot of business. This whole situation could have been easily avoided if people weren't looking to make money at any cost. This is the kind of behavior that destroys a company.
    Quoted for truth.
    Netease is a chinese company famous for ripping off entire games and crap them out onto the mobile market. here was there previous title https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-SLvqXyrI4

Now blizzy boy could have sued, but that would have done fook all, and they want a slice of that tasty tasy asian market. So they signed a deal with the devil ( netease ) the irony does not escape me.

Oh and if ye think im bullshiting about ripping off IP's http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...in_the_process This is how low blizzard wil go to get that extra proffit. To sign a deal with an ip / art assset / intelectual property stealing government sponsored company.

We all seen the bullshit titles that have been shat out on the mobiles game platform, its the sort of stuff that is tailored to the lowest possible common denominators. People willingly buying shittons of microtransactions. Better known as Whales / Dolfins or as we like to call them, fucking retards.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2018-11-05 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you all need to let it go, stop giving it attention and ignore it and move on. The game was never made for you guys, they don't care if America or Europe are angry. Game was made for the asian market.

We will get something down the line. It took them 10 years to make d3, It might take them 10 years to make the next. D3 has only been out for like 6-7 years. We know they hired a lot of people for a new project, like game director and engineers and shit and it was not for this game. This game was made by a chinese outsourced company, they did not hire people for immortal.
    Stop using the "d3 took 10 years" line. They scrapped it in 2005, in more than likely was only in development for 6-7 years max.

There's ZERO excuse for them to not put up a jpeg of diablo 4 to tease it, considering BETHESDA LITERALLY JUST DID SOMETHING LIKE THIS to save face after announce a mobile game (THAT'S ALSO GOING TO BE AVAILABLE ON PC). You can not expect a mobile only game announcement to go over well and a mainly PC gamer convention when diablo was the big hyped thing for this years blizzcon AND it appears that blizzard has for all intents and purposes abandoned diablo 3. It's honestly amazing to see people defending them in this thread.

Sure, diablo immortal could have been a fun game to play. But the fact that it was the ONLY diablo thing announced at BLIZZCON is an absolutely horrid PR decision that they could have fixed by just watched bethesda's E3 conference. They brought all of this negativity on themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post
    Haha, sounds more like you decided it's good just because it's from blizzard. (Even thought they didn't make it themself)

You are 100% just a fanboy that would accept anything from them.
    No i havent decided if its good or not, i have decided that there is no chance that i will play it, just becouse its on a mobile phone.
    but since i have decided to not play it, i wont upvote or downvote it just becouse i wont have tried it myself so cant base a fair enough opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I don't get why people want to ruin a chance for Blizzard to make one of their IPs be available to the biggest gaming platform in the world - an audience the Diablo franchise hasn't really touched so far.

you just answered why this announcement was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Anaphaze View Post
    Stop using the "d3 took 10 years" line. They scrapped it in 2005, in more than likely was only in development for 6-7 years max.

There's ZERO excuse for them to not put up a jpeg of diablo 4 to tease it, considering BETHESDA LITERALLY JUST DID SOMETHING LIKE THIS to save face after announce a mobile game (THAT'S ALSO GOING TO BE AVAILABLE ON PC). You can not expect a mobile only game announcement to go over well and a mainly PC gamer convention when diablo was the big hyped thing for this years blizzcon AND it appears that blizzard has for all intents and purposes abandoned diablo 3. It's honestly amazing to see people defending them in this thread.

Sure, diablo immortal could have been a fun game to play. But the fact that it was the ONLY diablo thing announced at BLIZZCON is an absolutely horrid PR decision that they could have fixed by just watched bethesda's E3 conference. They brought all of this negativity on themselves.
    I never said it was expected. i think this announcement and they way it was handled was disgusting, and im never gonna touch this "game". I am just as angry as everyone else. But we still need to let it go. The more we talk about it, the more press the game gets. Ignore it is the best course of action at this point. Its not like complaining on forums will make them cancel the game. But the more we talk about it, the more known the game will be and people will try it just to see what its all about. Which is something we don't want to happen. We want this game to slowly wither away

For everyone saying that people are whiners and whatnot because of this announcement. This is my problem with Diablo immortal ANNOUNCEMENT:
    -D3 has GONE UNTOUCHED! Abandoned... pointless seasons that have added 0 to little variety to the game, apart from an add-on class that added very little to the game.
    -Its blizzcon... a gathering of loyal blizz fanbase and hardcore pc gamers. They make this their #1 announcement/ BIG REVEAL and make a crappy cinematic to sell it. Then they try to justify it saying theres gonna be LORE in it.
    -Then all these things come out saying rehash/reskin of a popular mobile game... big letdown.
    -Companies exist to make money, we all know this, it sucks when they blatantly appear this way to the public I feel this is what blizzard now appeared to me by using blizzcon as a big advertisement platform for this mobile game that no one wanted.

I knew that there was not going to be a D4 announcement but I rather have no announcement/REVEAL than this. They tried really hard to make it sound AWESOME, but at the end of the day it is a mobile game and did not warrant a panel and a huge announcement in front of millions of fans. It felt like a slap in the face and as blizzard fans we expect for blizzard to know what their fanbase wants and not to be treated as such.

I have no problem with Blizzard releasing a Diablo mobile game but this was the wrong way to let their customer base know. They fed-off the hype from their fanbase wanting a diablo product and delivered poorly.

I remember joking with my co-worker saying the big announcement was going to be Diablo 3 mobile and immediately followed by NAHs NO WAY! and laughs... we were pretty close.
    Last edited by socomdan; 2018-11-05 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should not have announced it in the Blizzcon. That's their mistake.

Game itself will probably be decent.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terranoise View Post
    Blizzard drone banned LUL

As people already said, the problem wasn't to announce a Diablo mobile game. It was to announce a mobile game in an event full of hardcore Diablo fans and PC users when they are eager for new stuff after 6 years with nothing. I don't even play Diablo and I can notice that.
    Exactly, it would have been no problem had they come out and announced one real title to go with the mobile gimmick, the way Bethesda announced Blades and then Elder Scrolls 6, even if it is many years away.

Quote Originally Posted by Blodia View Post
    Because they allegedly are a company that listens to their community, as per what their new president said. And because the fans there aren't interested in mobage, they are diablo fans who play diablo predominantly on PC, so news about a mobile game is worthless to them. Thing is, for Chinese audience this would be a smash hit. So this is a hilarious case of mistargetting their reveals. Guess they just had fucking nothing so they quite literally phoned it in.
    And get this: companies don't deserve your undying respect and hope if they continuously shove out turds. Calling them out on pushing turds is in no way disrespectful or entitled.

- - - Updated - - -

Start making good games again.
    After watching gameplay of the game I have change my mind. I personally wasn’t interesting in the game but now I can’t wait to c how the game shapes up. The game looks promising and I feel like players expectations have ruined something that could be great. And I think players should really give it a chance. It may not be what u want, doesn’t mean it can’t be fun.

As much as I hate that it is mobile, I will still have to try it before I make any judgments, plus I can play it with my PS4 or 8bitdo controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    That isnt even a question, of course they will, and wouldnt matter if the game actually was really good, people have already decided that its bad without even given it a shoot.
    People have given it a chance.
    You can play "Crusaders of Light" on Android and iPhone, which is literally the same game from the same devs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    As much as I hate that it is mobile, I will still have to try it before I make any judgments, plus I can play it with my PS4 or 8bitdo controllers.
    Play Crusaders of Light. That's Diablo Immortal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Play Crusaders of Light. That's Diablo Immortal.
    I just watched an IGN video where they talk to the guy and he said it is not a reskin of that game. They are working together with the same company that made it but it is its own thing entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Probably will be a 5 stars game. I like everything about Diablo, so yeah also gonna play this.
    New games will come sooner or later, just be happy with what you get now.
    This attitude is part of the problem. You just accept everything thrown at you without a hint of dissent or criticism, that's just wrong. Blizzard has a responsibility towards their long time consumers to provide them with quality products. A mobile version of diablo is a slap in the face and it shouldn't be shrugged off as something insignificant, because it's anything but. It shows a dangerously bad trend of catering to gamers who behave like a swarm of insects, devouring parts of what they find interesting and leaving it to die off, all the while true fans are being treated like garbage.

Honestly, it'll probably be the best mobile game I've ever played. Unfortunately that ain't saying much