Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Having the game ported to a console doesn't change the fact that they are originally PC games. Especially when the console ports were always inferior.

And it doesn't change my point that we're going from PC game to PC game to PC game to...cheap mobile game. Of course people are going to be mad at that, it's a massive downgrade.

Like imagine if the next Smash game was going to be a mobile phone game. The Nintendo fandom would fucking implode.
    Id argue that in a lot of ways, the console version of Diablo was not inferior, hell it had an extra class. And the console version of D3 does COOP infinitely better than PC.

That aside, mobile is currently globally the biggest market out there. I do think Blizz should of announced Immortal alongside D4 (which it appears was the original intent) but I don't think making a mobile title is a mistake. The market is evolving, and while a lot of us may not like it, they have to follow the money. The only mistake Blizzard made in Immortals case was not announcing 4 or Remaster at the same time. Hell, look back at Bethesda, they announced Fallout 4 and Fallout Shelter at the same time and Shelter was the number 1 game on appstores for a long time. People would be talking completely differently if D4 got announced along with Immortal.
    " PC- i7-7700k, MSI 1070, 16gig DDR4 @ 3200MHz, Samsung Evo Pro 850 @ 250gb, Adata SSD @ 250gb, Seagate Barracuda @ 1tb.

I also own all the consoles and enjoy all of them (except the Wii U, that is trash).
    Proud member of the Gaming MasterRace.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I don't think making a mobile title is a mistake.
    Mobile games are largely casual games for a casual audience, smaller and less complex games that can just be played for 5 minutes at a time when you're sitting around with nothing better to do. In general they're usually not of the same scale as regular console or PC games. That's why people have such negative reactions to them, because they're "casual" games on a "casual gaming" platform, as opposed to a more traditional game platform. Mobile games have always had the stigma of being "just phone games", and if you ask me, unless there's some big leap in hardware (mostly controller-wise), it's probably going to stay that way. Since really the main difference between phones and consoles is the controllers; having to use a touchscreen for everything is a big limiting factor in the design of mobile games.

So when you have a series that has always been on PC, suddenly have its next big installment be a cheap phone game....yeah, there's going to be some outrage there.

The market is evolving, and while a lot of us may not like it, they have to follow the money.
    They can "follow the money" without sullying the name of one of their biggest franchises. They already have Hearthstone on mobile and that's doing pretty fuggin' well last I checked.

The only mistake Blizzard made in Immortals case was not announcing 4 or Remaster at the same time. Hell, look back at Bethesda, they announced Fallout 4 and Fallout Shelter at the same time and Shelter was the number 1 game on appstores for a long time. People would be talking completely differently if D4 got announced along with Immortal.
    Pretty much, yes. Everyone was expecting a Diablo 4 announcement, and instead, we get a cheap phone game that nobody was asking for.

Sure you could just blame people for getting their hopes up, but is it really that far-fetched of an expectation for Blizzard to announce Diablo 4 after Diablo 3 has been out for almost 7 years now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    LFR saved raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

Mobile games are largely casual games for a casual audience, smaller and less complex games that can just be played for 5 minutes at a time when you're sitting around with nothing better to do. In general they're usually not of the same scale as regular console or PC games. That's why people have such negative reactions to them, because they're "casual" games on a "casual gaming" platform, as opposed to a more traditional game platform. Mobile games have always had the stigma of being "just phone games", and if you ask me, unless there's some big leap in hardware (mostly controller-wise), it's probably going to stay that way. Since really the main difference between phones and consoles is the controllers; having to use a touchscreen for everything is a big limiting factor in the design of mobile games.

So when you have a series that has always been on PC, suddenly have its next big installment be a cheap phone game....yeah, there's going to be some outrage there.

They can "follow the money" without sullying the name of one of their biggest franchises. They already have Hearthstone on mobile and that's doing pretty fuggin' well last I checked.

Pretty much, yes. Everyone was expecting a Diablo 4 announcement, and instead, we get a cheap phone game that nobody was asking for.

Sure you could just blame people for getting their hopes up, but is it really that far-fetched of an expectation for Blizzard to announce Diablo 4 after Diablo 3 has been out for almost 7 years now?
    As is evident in post Blizzcon interviews, it seems extremely likely that they intended to announce multiple Diablo titles at the same time. Just either by Activision saying no, they themselves not happy with the progress, or some other unknown reason the big announcements got pulled, and it seems pulled really close to Blizzcon. Yeah we can be upset, but i think there was other factors that prevented their intended announcements. I am sure they wanted to do more than announce Immortals. I still feel that Immortal would have a completely different reception if it was announced prior to D4 or D2 HD being announced. I don't think Blizzard deserves the hate for making a mobile game. They even said at Blizzcon that Diablo mainline games are coming, just not ready yet. People who think Diablo will only be mobile now are idiots. Personally, I am still cautiously optimistic.
    " PC- i7-7700k, MSI 1070, 16gig DDR4 @ 3200MHz, Samsung Evo Pro 850 @ 250gb, Adata SSD @ 250gb, Seagate Barracuda @ 1tb.

I also own all the consoles and enjoy all of them (except the Wii U, that is trash).

People who think Diablo will only be mobile now are idiots.
    Nobody thinks that. It's still insulting as fuck to have the main content served to us be a cheap phone game.

Personally, I am still cautiously optimistic.
    So blizz smacks us in the face like this and you're still "cautiously optimistic".

Nice stockholm syndrome.
    LFR saved raiding

Nobody thinks that. It's still insulting as fuck to have the main content served to us be a cheap phone game.

So blizz smacks us in the face like this and you're still "cautiously optimistic".

Nice stockholm syndrome.
    Not stockholm syndrome. I just see the writing on the wall, and i acknowledge that there has been tons of evidence of D4 being worked on, and if they are not happy with it, i can wait a few more years. I am not lacking on good games or impatient enough to throw a temper tantrum because i am not getting something now. People used to praise Blizzard for taking their time, but now they want everything yesterday. When we get evidence that D4 is dead, or mobile games are there complete focus going forward than I will be worried. I am not like yourself who has to feel personally attacked by Blizzard making moves that may not completely benefit me as an individual.

Nice stockholm syndrome.
    It's really not, it was a bad move by them but to call it insulting is just being a little entitled crybaby. Everyone knew there wouldn't be a D4 announcement (since they actually said there wouldn't be one, but they also more or less confirmed they're working on it...) and the best we could hope for was D2 remastered really. Even if they announced a D2 remaster people would probably have whined anyway because people just love to whine and will always find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    It's really not, it was a bad move by them but to call it insulting is just being a little entitled crybaby. Everyone knew there wouldn't be a D4 announcement (since they actually said there wouldn't be one, but they also more or less confirmed they're working on it...) and the best we could hope for was D2 remastered really. Even if they announced a D2 remaster people would probably have whined anyway because people just love to whine and will always find a way.
    This exactly. People take personal offense to game announcements or lack thereof. People need to drop the entitlement, no one owes you anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    being a little entitled crybaby.
    "WAHH WAHH STOP CRITICIZING DADDY BLIZZARD YOU ARE JUST A CRY BABY WAHHHH"

LFR saved raiding

"WAHH WAHH STOP CRITICIZING DADDY BLIZZARD WITHOUT ANY ACTUAL ARGUMENTS BESIDES INNER NERD RAGE YOU ARE JUST A CRY BABY WAHHHH"

Fixed that for you.