Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I still disagree

Because the current state of gaming, with more accessible games, is harmful to the industry . I know this might sound over the top, but this is some kind of affermative action to get more people into gaming. If we make gaming more accessible, it means more noobs, casual players, stupid people etc. I dont WANT games to be too accessible or too easy. When I lived at home and played games my father, who is a smart high educated man, didn't understand my games at all nor did he think he could ever handle the controllers. That is not a bad thing.

We gamers have always prided ourself of being smarter than the avarage person, have better reflexes and finger coordination than the avarage person. What happens to the gaming industry when it becomes more accessible? It start with games we dont play, casual games, but it will spread. I love my dad with all my heart, but he sucks at games and I would never want him to play a game I play. I don't want more bad people in the gaming world. I don't want it accessible. I want us to have this world for ourselves. People are welcome to join IF they can handle it. Mobile games require so little effort yet alone PASSION to play and mobile gamers, excuse my "ignorance" but it has to be said, ARE NOT REAL GAMERS.

I always speak out for improved technology and science. I want better healthcare and more medical research. I want technology when it comes to computer systems, software and hardware. I want technology when it comes to transportation and I think the future of cars can actually be really cool. I want the world to evolve, BUT not the gaming industry. Sure, I want a future Playstation 5 and Nintendo Switch 2.0 w/e it's called and I want cooler PC games with improved gameplay, graphis etc. But I don't want it too mainstream. I don't want mobile games to take over. I don't want this interest, OUR interest, to be shared with those who are not as passionate and dedicated as us. I want people in World of Warcraft who are ready to put in 1000+ hours, not those who can casually play it on their phone twice a week.

I like the development of smartphones and if used correctly they are useful. But people misuse them in my opinion and it's sad to see people stare at them 24/7. My sister argued it's no different than playing games 24/7 but i really think games makes us smarter, while phones make us more stupid. And even though it sound harsh, I don't want the phone-people to come here. Now, I realize people who play games also use their phones, but not at the same time.

Gosh, I should copy everyhting I wrote and organize it better, but I wrote it as I thought it up. At my masters degree in college I wrote a big paper on the future of movies, how streams etc would kill movie rental etc (one could say I predicted the end of Blockbuster). I feel like going back to school to research this for real as well. My conclusion about the movie paper was that there would be more convinient ways to watch movies with netflix etc and that people could make a lot of money on this. But that it killed the soul of movies. The feeling of going to the rental store, going in the isles, picking your movie, buying some candy there, talking to the clerk about movies etc, THAT was the heart and soul of it. That is gone now, and that is really, really sad. I predict cinemas will also end fairly soon. And going with friends to the cinemas, and eating popcorn will also be a thing of the past soon. I feel the same about gaming. The nerdy exclusivity we had was the soul of gaming. Mainstream accessible gaming will kill the heart and soul of the gaming world.
    Amen!

Sadly, it's the price of the digital era for quality to be sacrificed for accessibility. Which, in turn, will kill the soul of the industry. We've already lost physical ownership of the games we buy, and it's a slippery slope to losing everything else.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

A game series that has ALWAYS been PC-exclusive, is now having its next major release as a fucking phone game with LESS depth to it than a game released 6 years ago.

Diablo on Playstation, and Diablo 3 on Xbox/PS4/Switch have something to say about being PC exclusive. Diablo 2 was literally the only game that was PC exclusive.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Diablo on Playstation, and Diablo 3 on Xbox/PS4/Switch have something to say about being PC exclusive. Diablo 2 was literally the only game that was PC exclusive.
    Having the game ported to a console doesn't change the fact that they are originally PC games. Especially when the console ports were always inferior.

And it doesn't change my point that we're going from PC game to PC game to PC game to...cheap mobile game. Of course people are going to be mad at that, it's a massive downgrade.

Like imagine if the next Smash game was going to be a mobile phone game. The Nintendo fandom would fucking implode.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2019-01-10 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having the game ported to a console doesn't change the fact that they are originally PC games. Especially when the console ports were always inferior.

And it doesn't change my point that we're going from PC game to PC game to PC game to...cheap mobile game. Of course people are going to be mad at that, it's a massive downgrade.

Like imagine if the next Smash game was going to be a mobile phone game. The Nintendo fandom would fucking implode.
    Id argue that in a lot of ways, the console version of Diablo was not inferior, hell it had an extra class. And the console version of D3 does COOP infinitely better than PC.

That aside, mobile is currently globally the biggest market out there. I do think Blizz should of announced Immortal alongside D4 (which it appears was the original intent) but I don't think making a mobile title is a mistake. The market is evolving, and while a lot of us may not like it, they have to follow the money. The only mistake Blizzard made in Immortals case was not announcing 4 or Remaster at the same time. Hell, look back at Bethesda, they announced Fallout 4 and Fallout Shelter at the same time and Shelter was the number 1 game on appstores for a long time. People would be talking completely differently if D4 got announced along with Immortal.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

I don't think making a mobile title is a mistake.
    Mobile games are largely casual games for a casual audience, smaller and less complex games that can just be played for 5 minutes at a time when you're sitting around with nothing better to do. In general they're usually not of the same scale as regular console or PC games. That's why people have such negative reactions to them, because they're "casual" games on a "casual gaming" platform, as opposed to a more traditional game platform. Mobile games have always had the stigma of being "just phone games", and if you ask me, unless there's some big leap in hardware (mostly controller-wise), it's probably going to stay that way. Since really the main difference between phones and consoles is the controllers; having to use a touchscreen for everything is a big limiting factor in the design of mobile games.

So when you have a series that has always been on PC, suddenly have its next big installment be a cheap phone game....yeah, there's going to be some outrage there.

The market is evolving, and while a lot of us may not like it, they have to follow the money.
    They can "follow the money" without sullying the name of one of their biggest franchises. They already have Hearthstone on mobile and that's doing pretty fuggin' well last I checked.

The only mistake Blizzard made in Immortals case was not announcing 4 or Remaster at the same time. Hell, look back at Bethesda, they announced Fallout 4 and Fallout Shelter at the same time and Shelter was the number 1 game on appstores for a long time. People would be talking completely differently if D4 got announced along with Immortal.
    Pretty much, yes. Everyone was expecting a Diablo 4 announcement, and instead, we get a cheap phone game that nobody was asking for.

Sure you could just blame people for getting their hopes up, but is it really that far-fetched of an expectation for Blizzard to announce Diablo 4 after Diablo 3 has been out for almost 7 years now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobile games are largely casual games for a casual audience, smaller and less complex games that can just be played for 5 minutes at a time when you're sitting around with nothing better to do. In general they're usually not of the same scale as regular console or PC games. That's why people have such negative reactions to them, because they're "casual" games on a "casual gaming" platform, as opposed to a more traditional game platform. Mobile games have always had the stigma of being "just phone games", and if you ask me, unless there's some big leap in hardware (mostly controller-wise), it's probably going to stay that way. Since really the main difference between phones and consoles is the controllers; having to use a touchscreen for everything is a big limiting factor in the design of mobile games.

So when you have a series that has always been on PC, suddenly have its next big installment be a cheap phone game....yeah, there's going to be some outrage there.

They can "follow the money" without sullying the name of one of their biggest franchises. They already have Hearthstone on mobile and that's doing pretty fuggin' well last I checked.

Pretty much, yes. Everyone was expecting a Diablo 4 announcement, and instead, we get a cheap phone game that nobody was asking for.

Sure you could just blame people for getting their hopes up, but is it really that far-fetched of an expectation for Blizzard to announce Diablo 4 after Diablo 3 has been out for almost 7 years now?
    As is evident in post Blizzcon interviews, it seems extremely likely that they intended to announce multiple Diablo titles at the same time. Just either by Activision saying no, they themselves not happy with the progress, or some other unknown reason the big announcements got pulled, and it seems pulled really close to Blizzcon. Yeah we can be upset, but i think there was other factors that prevented their intended announcements. I am sure they wanted to do more than announce Immortals. I still feel that Immortal would have a completely different reception if it was announced prior to D4 or D2 HD being announced. I don't think Blizzard deserves the hate for making a mobile game. They even said at Blizzcon that Diablo mainline games are coming, just not ready yet. People who think Diablo will only be mobile now are idiots. Personally, I am still cautiously optimistic.

People who think Diablo will only be mobile now are idiots.
    Nobody thinks that. It's still insulting as fuck to have the main content served to us be a cheap phone game.

Personally, I am still cautiously optimistic.
    So blizz smacks us in the face like this and you're still "cautiously optimistic".

Nice stockholm syndrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody thinks that. It's still insulting as fuck to have the main content served to us be a cheap phone game.

So blizz smacks us in the face like this and you're still "cautiously optimistic".

Nice stockholm syndrome.
    Not stockholm syndrome. I just see the writing on the wall, and i acknowledge that there has been tons of evidence of D4 being worked on, and if they are not happy with it, i can wait a few more years. I am not lacking on good games or impatient enough to throw a temper tantrum because i am not getting something now. People used to praise Blizzard for taking their time, but now they want everything yesterday. When we get evidence that D4 is dead, or mobile games are there complete focus going forward than I will be worried. I am not like yourself who has to feel personally attacked by Blizzard making moves that may not completely benefit me as an individual.

Nice stockholm syndrome.
    It's really not, it was a bad move by them but to call it insulting is just being a little entitled crybaby. Everyone knew there wouldn't be a D4 announcement (since they actually said there wouldn't be one, but they also more or less confirmed they're working on it...) and the best we could hope for was D2 remastered really. Even if they announced a D2 remaster people would probably have whined anyway because people just love to whine and will always find a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    It's really not, it was a bad move by them but to call it insulting is just being a little entitled crybaby. Everyone knew there wouldn't be a D4 announcement (since they actually said there wouldn't be one, but they also more or less confirmed they're working on it...) and the best we could hope for was D2 remastered really. Even if they announced a D2 remaster people would probably have whined anyway because people just love to whine and will always find a way.
    This exactly. People take personal offense to game announcements or lack thereof. People need to drop the entitlement, no one owes you anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    being a little entitled crybaby.
    "WAHH WAHH STOP CRITICIZING DADDY BLIZZARD YOU ARE JUST A CRY BABY WAHHHH"

"WAHH WAHH STOP CRITICIZING DADDY BLIZZARD WITHOUT ANY ACTUAL ARGUMENTS BESIDES INNER NERD RAGE YOU ARE JUST A CRY BABY WAHHHH"

Fixed that for you.