Deleted

Question Timing a comeback

Last time I have played around 2011 - seven years ago.

Recently, I was thinking to come back. The game seems to have its issues but otherwise I see it as an opportunity to enjoy myself, as I believe that the experience also depends on the player. Currently, I am thinking to sell off my iPad Pro 10.5 (which I bought at the end of last year to game but all I did is a big month of PUBG gaming at the beginning of this year - since then, it is just collecting the dust) and get a gaming Laptop (750 Euros budget, looking for recommendations Europe-wide).

8.1 (30 days out) brings experience changes. Now my question is what is the best way to time my comeback for the best experience? Outside-wise, I am waiting for the Black Friday (12 days) and if nothing comes up I am likely to order from Amazon.co.uk (although I am not sure if I should wait for December for a better price or next year for Nvidia 2000 series). Then, I am doing an MBA and it has some time requirements, but nothing critical.

My concern is will there be a lot of players starting alts/playing when 8.1 rolls? Is it bad or good for me - more competition (for resources) but also more help (heard that WoW is more antisocial now so seems to be better alone)? So what is better - to start before 8.1, during or after? If I start before will the sudden exp change impact me negatively during the changes (where they need to fine-tune something)?

Alts don't take prohibitively long to level now. I'd say just start playing when you want to start playing. If you started now it'd be a decent bet that once you've leveled said alt to the level cap and done most of what you wanted to do with the existing content 8.1 will come out.

Just start whenever dude. There is not much competition, due sharding and dynamic respawns and such, there is nothing to compete against. More players leveling is a bonus for you. You can now tag a mob someone else is fighting and both get loot and xp. Also lower dungeon queues if more people are playing. My tip is to level a tank or someone who can tank if you like dungeons. Insta queues. If you want questing, just have fun, zones scale now and it is a better experience now than before, although the stat squish in BFA made the numbers a bit weird. You also get a good chunk of xp from bgs, so if you like pvp, you should queue for bgs along the way.