View Poll Results: Too Soon? Too long?

Voters
507. You may not vote on this poll
  • TOO SOON! YOU HAVE AWAKENED ME TOO SOON, EXECUTUS!

50 9.86%
  • Not soon enough! *shakes fist*

325 64.10%
  • Don't care either way! Zero fucks given.

132 26.04%

Thread: Flying in 8.2

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    They're all well-meaning. Nobody goes to work and thinks to themselves "Hey, what can I do to screw over players today?"

They genuinely believe they're doing the right things, making the hard decisions, for the benefit of the game.

The problem isn't intent. It's competence.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    They're all well-meaning. Nobody goes to work and thinks to themselves "Hey, what can I do to screw over players today?"

They genuinely believe they're doing the right things, making the hard decisions, for the benefit of the game.

I don't know about that, someone has to make the decision on how to slow down players and the suits up top don't know the game well enough to give a detailed brief on how to do it, Most are well-meaning but some aren't.

Fuck it I just uninstalled, done with this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post

We all know there was an internal struggle over this. And we all know who have won.
    They do it for the benefit of their OKR (MAU must be this high), whether those OKR are set right or not, we don't know
    But as for the benefit of the game...
    No flying made my in-game experience worse
    I see no benefit in it to myself
    Therefore there's no benefit for the game in my case

The only benefit for the game that I can understand is an ultimatum - no flying or no game. But sadly I have chosen the latter already while the game is still there.
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2018 - that's two-zero-one-eight, as in the 21st Century - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of robed sissies.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That's fine I suppose. Between the whistle, whistle teleport to the capital, instant teleports to 3 out of 6 zones from said capital, and dense flight points, the only thing I've noticed is the rack up of flight point costs.

How about we compromise and add an "emerald winds" toy equivalent in 8.1?
    This is what I don't understand. I don't know that this applies to you specially, but I see so many people who are against flight because it lacks immersion (and insert all the other reasons), however they are fine with magical teleporting whistles, and flight paths.

I have yet to see anyone give a satisfying reason why whistles and flying mounts you can't control are more compelling gameplay than flying mounts you can control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I don't know about that, someone has to make the decision on how to slow down players and the suits up top don't know the game well enough to give a detailed brief on how to do it, Most are well-meaning but some aren't.
    Slowed down to the point where you get so tired and bored from being dazed by the same inconsequential mob for the 500th time, or how have to slow swim through all the lakes, or remount on your strider...just to get dazed in the middle of a lake, by a inconsequential fish, for the 600th time, that folks just stop playing.

I think their math is broken if they think artificially slowing down players to the point that they unsub is getting their more sub income. I'd be curious to compare the percentage of alts being leveled and played now as compared to WotLK. BC through MoP I had all my alts max leveled, which hasn't happened since. So that's why I'm curious. how much is me being an oddball, or are there a decent amount of altoholics going through the same thing.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

I am glad for flying, but I dont care enough to really have an opinion. I enjoy the convenience, but I'm not passionate about it either way.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Trixie for World Domination)
    A (Sensational™)

Flying should be a reward for completing the 8.0 storylines and getting all the rep exalted, would be a perfect incentive to keep doing WQ's for rep.

Not to mention that the Horde hub basically NEEDS flying to be functional enough to use, it's absolutely ridiculous that we can't fly immediately once we don't even need to be in the world anymore.

I just dont understand why we cant get flying after doing every quest, reached exalted with current factions and explored the whole continent. The only thing left for us to do is farming stuff for proffessions, traveling to M+ dungeons and doing WQs that gives rewards worthwhile doing besides rep.

I have more or less no reason going out in the world now besides the odd WQs and farm stuff.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2018-11-11 at 11:37 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    Personally I like the idea of flying getting delayed. You get to know new areas better by running. )

Flight should be instant cast, usable at 15 seconds intervals, and have a 3 minute cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrdrifa View Post
    Personally I like the idea of flying getting delayed. You get to know new areas better by running. )
    Yes, but after doing every quest and reaching exalted with current factions theres not much more to explore now is it?

Should have been in 8.1. Seen everything several times over, and frankly tired of a water strider being the best defacto choice most of the time.

I don't mind Pathfinder. I'm ok with having to explore and complete the content to get to fly. The problem is, I have done all of it. I have fucking crossed the same paths many times now. I already earned the right to fly and make things less tedious and annoying. Yet we still have to wait not until 8.1, but 8.2, have to complete even more achievements, earn more reputation, the same dance that I have already completed months ago. All this to unlock a basic function of the game that should have never been restricted like this in the first place, that somehow only became a problem in WoD. And this is all many months away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Exactly. Why 8.2? Why not 8.1?

Flying should be enabled at Max Level and a minimum of Honored with a bunch of factions of the expansion.

I really only like flying because of screenshots and herbing. Other than that, don’t care too much either way - I can play without it.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | My Website | Twitch