View Poll Results: Too Soon? Too long?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • TOO SOON! YOU HAVE AWAKENED ME TOO SOON, EXECUTUS!

50 9.86%
  • Not soon enough! *shakes fist*

325 64.10%
  • Don't care either way! Zero fucks given.

132 26.04%

Thread: Flying in 8.2

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Flying in 8.2

Flying!: Pathfinder Part 2 is coming and with it, the ability to fly in Kul Tiras and Zandalar! Many flying mounts are also being introduced to take you to the sky, like a mechanical parrot and the very sought after giant bee!

So they said at Blizzcon we will get flying back in 8.2. They don't say what Pathfinder Part 2 will entail. I would assume from Legion it will be exploring the new zones and no doubt some rep grind.

Too soon? Too long? I would have hoped they would not make us wait as long as Legion but 8.2 must be 6+ month away? Add in an other month to grind rep possibly? Looking like another year+ from launch.

Flying should have been added in 8.0 or at least 8.1. Pretty shitty but it seems for now on we gotta wait for the .2 patch to fly in an expansion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate flying. Removes the little wpvp there is.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Flying!: Pathfinder Part 2 is coming and with it, the ability to fly in Kul Tiras and Zandalar! Many flying mounts are also being introduced to take you to the sky, like a mechanical parrot and the very sought after giant bee!

So they said at Blizzcon we will get flying back in 8.2. They don't say what Pathfinder Part 2 will entail. I would assume from Legion it will be exploring the new zones and no doubt some rep grind.

Too soon? Too long? I would have hoped they would not make us wait as long as Legion but 8.2 must be 6+ month away? Add in an other month to grind rep possibly? Looking like another year+ from launch.
    It's fine. The one adjustment I would make from Legion is removing the time gates on the war campaign and have that question chain give you enough rep to get to revered like in Legion, so you would be able to to fly on day one of 8.2 if you ground it out. There is no reason to delay any further in 8..2 itself.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's kinda like Legion (with exception that 8.2 will come relative later than 7.2). Big questions is that if flying will be available in Nazjatar, Mechagon and potential 8.3 zone(s).

And yeah, I still think it should be turn off in War Mode until 9.0. They just should put shit ton of Honor, Conquest and unique pet/mounts/transmog to encourage people to play that mode.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It's fine. The one adjustment I would make from Legion is removing the time gates on the war campaign and have that question chain give you enough rep to get to revered like in Legion, so you would be able to to fly on day one of 8.2 if you ground it out. There is no reason to delay any further in 8..2 itself.
    I agree with that but i think it is almost definitely going to add another rep grind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, it's kinda like Legion (with exception that 8.2 will come relative later than 7.2). Big questions is that if flying will be available in Nazjatar, Mechagon and potential 8.3 zone(s).
    It does say only in Kul Tiras and Zandalar so i would doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I think Warmode did a fine job of that already

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I agree with that but i think it is almost definitely going to add another rep grind.
    Well, having the war campaign quest chain give enough rep to get to revered like it was in legion would make the required rep grind painless with the timegates removed.

Flying should be banned in Azeroth, the lore should be retconned so that air above 10 meters is highly toxic to all animals capable of flying. Citizens infringing this rule should be prosecuted and jailed if repeat offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Flying should be banned in Azeroth, the lore should be retconned so that air above 10 meters is highly toxic to all animals capable of flying. Citizens infringing this rule should be prosecuted and jailed if repeat offenders.
    Or for every 5 mins in the air it adds to your bounty and turns on warmode!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Nazjatar is submarine, Mechagon looks like it's in a cave. So probably no on both, though it remains to be seen if that means much in Nazjatar.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for flying, especially as a druid its just so nice with the instant flight form. Gief. Now.

That's fine I suppose. Between the whistle, whistle teleport to the capital, instant teleports to 3 out of 6 zones from said capital, and dense flight points, the only thing I've noticed is the rack up of flight point costs.

How about we compromise and add an "emerald winds" toy equivalent in 8.1?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbrd View Post
    I think Warmode did a fine job of that already
    True dat Still flying kinda removes the feeling of being in a mmo, there are never any gatherings of players friendly/unfriendly with it.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Flying never removed World PvP, and with warmode on you should always find players to PvP with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    Flying never removed World PvP, and with warmode on you should always find players to PvP with.
    Warmode is still shit depending on shard. Im on Tarren Mill, I need to like find a guy from Draenor realm or smt and grp with him just to see some alliance.

It will be just in time for the new zone to be introduced that doesn’t allow flight, but hey, at least now Alli can flag for Warmode and we don’t have to read about them bitching about it nonstop.

Warmode is still shit depending on shard. Im on Tarren Mill, I need to like find a guy from Draenor realm or smt and grp with him just to see some alliance.
    Cause there are way more Horde than Alliance and most Alliance now don't use warmode, cause they have no chance anyway.

Funny. I have a toggle on my character pane that removes ALL wpvp. I would think that would bother you more.

It should be disabled in Warmode, and Warmode benefits upped slightly.